Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to use Spaceship skills?

Second skill is bound to W. Works fine with characters. But when I press W while piloting, for some bizzare reason it goes up. I seriously have no idea why it goes up, skill boosts shields and isn't some sort of evading skill for my ship to fly up..

Why did you rebind it to movement keys?
    Leave it at the default 1-4.
    WASD also moves the ship. Also just fyi your mouse moves the ship too.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    WASD also moves the ship.
    This is probably another case of not being able to unbind something from a set key, despite changing it in the menu (see the ticket submission key).

Stick to keys 1-4.

Deleted
    WASD also moves the ship. Also just fyi your mouse moves the ship too.
    In WoW, WoW: TBC, WoW: WOTLK, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Rift, Aion, WoW: Cataclysm and even Lineage 2 (and even f2p mmorpgs like Allods) my topmost bar, second button was allways W. Always was, always will be.

And movement keys? Since Quake 1 or 2, when only arrow keys were bound, we were using ESDF for moving, A for crouching in other shooters like CS 1.6. So no, I never asociated WASD with movement keys.

So basicly you can't use Spaceship skills? Great...

Also 1-4 keys are hardest to reach, when you have one finger on shift all the time, so why the hell should I bind most visible spots to worst keys? Design failure.
    Last edited by mmoc328e69bc99; 2012-01-12 at 02:55 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    In WoW, WoW: TBC, WoW: WOTLK, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Rift, Aion, WoW: Cataclysm and even Lineage 2 (and even f2p mmorpgs like Allods) my topmost bar, second button was allways W. Always was, always will be.

And movement keys? Since Quake 1 or 2, when only arrow keys were bound, we were using ESDF for moving, A for crouching in other shooters like CS 1.6. So no, I never asociated WASD with movement keys.

Also 1-4 keys are hardest to reach, when you have one finger on shift all the time, so why the hell should I bind most visible spots to worst keys? Design failure.
    Those bindings, while suited to you, are definitely in the minority in terms of what people usually use. I disagree with the 1-4 being hard to reach while holding shift, but people do have different sized hands. I think that they'll eventually change it so that we can rebind certain keys.

Wait, where are the ship skills? I was totally unaware I could do anything other then left/right click! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by k0smo View Post
    Wait, where are the ship skills? I was totally unaware I could do anything other then left/right click! LOL
    They are items you can with the space mission commendations.

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    They are items you can with the space mission commendations.
    Oooh ok, thanks!

...What? Did you disable your intelligence subroutines to make that post?

I also use ESDF. I had the exact same problem as you. You know what I did? I rebound my keys. You never, ever use shift in space combat - you use the mouse, spacebar, and four skill keys. 1-4 works just fine. Clicking and W do not. Rebinding keys isn't hard - muscle memory remembers what's where, and you shouldn't be tunnel visioning your main skillset anyway. Keep an eye on your resources, sure, but train yourself to ignore your actual skill icons.

In normal play, I use 1-4 for cds. I don't *want* Call on the Force to be easy to press, anyway.
    Last edited by Armond; 2012-01-12 at 04:19 PM. Reason: whiskey tango foxtrot

QWE would like to say hello.

Why would you not want them bound to 1-4 because they are hard to hit while hold shift......when you don't hold shift in space missions?

Deleted
    I keep reading about people using shift in space combat, but when I get home I never remember to try it to see what it does. Anyone care to enlighten me?

15+ Year Old Account

you are, the 1%.

Deleted
    you do know you can click on the skills to use theme as well, your ship will move but its still posible, I click when im lazy and dont feel like using me left hand or if im resting on it

10+ Year Old Account
    The ship controls mirror your first 4 keys of the top middle action bar.
    And the movement keys are what you mapped for forward, back, left and right movement, regardless if you mapped A and D to strafe or not. So if you change your WASD mapping, the ship wont work by those keys again.

Bioware needs to completely disassossiate the ship key mapping from the character mapping, so those issues stop happening.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by SnickSnack View Post
    you do know you can click on the skills to use theme as well, your ship will move but its still posible, I click when im lazy and dont feel like using me left hand or if im resting on it
    Provided the UI hasn't decided to disable mouse clicking for the time being requiring a double CTRL-U
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    ...What? Did you disable your intelligence subroutines to make that post?
    This made my day, thanks for the laugh <3

Try this on for size.

10+ Year Old Account

Try this on for size.
    I actually really wanted one when I was looking a Zboards but decided they look to flimsy, but definitely looked solid. But sadly this beast wont fit on my keyboard tray I'm forced to use because of my desk design =/

What happens when you use Shift in space combats? The ship keys follow the first basic quickslot. I changed mine because I prefer the bottom row to start with 1, and the row above that starts with Shift+1. This makes my ship skills Shift+1 to Shift+4.