Questions about Imperial Agents

My marauder is lvl 45 and will be 50 soon. I'm not 100% happy with the class, I feel weak.

I have also played hunter in WOW for 6+ years. I'm looking to roll either a BH or IA and want something that sort of compares to the hunter play style.

I know some IA can use stealth.. I do not know which tree of even if its limited to a specific AC. Some info on this would be nice. Expanding on that inquiry, are the stealth IA's still ranged or are they more of a rouge using melee dps?

Do all trees have some kind of healing? or is it specific to the medicine tree for Operatives?

TL/DR
    I want to range dps with the ability to stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuz View Post
    My marauder is lvl 45 and will be 50 soon. I'm not 100% happy with the class, I feel weak.

I have also played hunter in WOW for 6+ years. I'm looking to roll either a BH or IA and want something that sort of compares to the hunter play style.

I know some IA can use stealth.. I do not know which tree of even if its limited to a specific AC. Some info on this would be nice. Expanding on that inquiry, are the stealth IA's still ranged or are they more of a rouge using melee dps?

Do all trees have some kind of healing? or is it specific to the medicine tree for Operatives?

TL/DR
    I have a IA sniper and its nothing like a hunter in WoW. Snipers are also pure DPS classes, no heals. It is my understanding that Ops use a lot of melee, I dont really think any class on SWTOR is much like a hunter. I guess maybe a BH Merc Artillery spec could be close, but there isn't any class that can run n gun like a hunter in WoW.

Deleted
    I'm playing IA Operative myself, lvl 37 atm. Operative focus on melee abilities and has stealth and can spec healing, while Snipers on the other hand are long-ranged DPS who can't use stealth, using the Cover mechanism. Sniper or Mercenary are the classes you wanna choose if you want to feel like a Hunter from WoW. Operatives do have some ranged ablities, but they have very short range. Hope that helped mate

Ias are nothing like hunters, ur best bet is a merc bh but even then it will not be close
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

IA Operative - Stealth Melee, the shared tree may have some mid-range moves, but you'll still need to be in melee range
    IA Sniper - No Stealth, Ranged Class

SI Assassin - Some stealth, rarely used, again, madness moves you a little more mid-range, but still uses melee

There is not really a stealth class that stay at range.

BH however, from what I understand can play kinda like a hunter as it has a lot of kiting ability. I think a BH Merc is as close to hunter as you'll get, but still not really the same. Sniper may be close too, but I've heard it kinda plays like an Arcane Mage.

TL/DR
    The healing is only a tree in the operative advance class. They are also the IA that has stealth, but they are a close to mid range class (10m or less) and are closer to rogues than to hunters. The sniper is the long range class but doesn't have stealth. Also, the cover system will take some getting used to, but once you do you will find the benefits are worth the extra hassle.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Sniper may be close too, but I've heard it kinda plays like an Arcane Mage.
    With more buttons to press, but yeah. My WoW main is an Arcane mage, and my SWTOR main is a Sniper There are a lot of similarities, but there are more mobile options for dps kiting for the sniper for when melee gets in your face than an arcane mage.

Thanks guys.. looks like I might want to check out a Merc BH before I get too serious with a IA.

Deleted
    You can check some nice introductions for both classes here : http://www.oldrepublic.net/138-bounty-hunter-guide.html and here : http://www.oldrepublic.net/146-imper...ent-guide.html
    You can make a nice idea about what fits you more. If you ask me, IA Operative will give you a lot of fun

TL/DR
    Not really possible.

The Operative has stealth but most of their effective dps abilities are 10 meters or less.

The Sniper has the range but no stealth.

Once I got used to the cover mechanic I started liking the Sniper quite a bit. The Operative has its fun moments but it feels way too clunky for a rogue/assassin type character, at least in my experience (keep in my mind that I spent most of my time in other mmos playing classes like the wow rogue and aoc assassin, those two are a lot more fluid than the Operative is).