Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I start not liking 2v2 genuinely.

I'm with this shadow priest which I know could be a disc and I'm a frost mage and while I know it could go more forward with a disc I get a sense it's a double edged sword: There's a choice between being "slowly trained" by healer+dps teams and attempting the impossible and trying be perfect to get a decent rating with just 2 dpses, or being a healer+dps and go slowwwwwly and boooringly into various standstills when having to deal with other dps+healer teams.

Because let's face it, no healer in the arena is broken. You have the theoretical opportunity to CC something and kill something fast on 2xDPs but that has a built-in disadvantage: you have no time.

Healer and DPS can be "clumsy" much more of the time. They start casually, do a few tricks without burning anything, still up. Sure, you may burn some mana to survive but you'll me like 80-70% soon and full health. Then you can organize perfectly you next move.

What do DPSes do? They have to immediately nuke something or else.

Sure you can start with some CCing and still be about 80+% health after a minute if you are good and then decide to nuke something but let's face it, nothing like the comfort of a dps and healer. Most of the time if the 2 DPSes don't kill something immediately after the first minute or two they are fucked.

Healers and DPSes, they just stand there, planning their next move, attempting to burn something down slowly and steadily while they stay alive.

And if you are a healer+dps and face another healer+dps good luck to you too. If the skill is similar you're gonna be there for days.

The boring of the bore.

Seriously, wtf. I'm disappointed by the game. They have those achievements and perks if you succeed in 2v2 and it's so inherently and built-in broken by design and with no hope in sight. They could at least remove its achievements and make them all feats of strength. They already admitted it's a horrible sign of pvp skill: they removed the weapon rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only achievements for 2v2. There are no perks for doing well in 2v2 (aside from being able to get the 'arena master' title, which requires such work that the difficulties of 2v2 are largely speed bumps).

No one said the achievements had to be easy.

2v2 is broken. There's no way to fix it. But the best rewards don't come from 2v2 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Double caster is not viable in 2's. Either a melee or a healer completely trumps double caster.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Most of the time if the 2 DPSes don't kill something immediately after the first minute or two they are fucked.
    this is how the game should be - but isn't.

Do you think it is reasonable for 2 DPSes to be able to stay alive for 5-15 minutes reseting the fights, drinking, eating, self healing?

I've had games against dual rogues, dual mages, mage rogue, mage feral, feral rogue, hunter rogue, hunter feral that lasted for 10-15 minutes because the 2 dps played kite - hide and seek.

So while you dislike healer dps teams, I dislike the survilibility and the kiting of double dps teams.

After you've played at least semi-serious 3's it's hard to play 2's without being super bored. Maybe unless you are playing rogue mage or unusual specs like boomkin enhance or something. Healer/dps is just forget about it, I'd rather go play freaking neopets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    this is how the game should be - but isn't.

Do you think it is reasonable for 2 DPSes to be able to stay alive for 5-15 minutes reseting the fights, drinking, eating, self healing?

I've had games against dual rogues, dual mages, mage rogue, mage feral, feral rogue, hunter rogue, hunter feral that lasted for 10-15 minutes because the 2 dps played kite - hide and seek.

So while you dislike healer dps teams, I dislike the survilibility and the kiting of double dps teams.
    This is only with specific double DPS teams. The examples you have given include mostly frost mages and/or rogues which are 2 of the most broken classes/specs in the game right now. Most other double dps teams will struggle versus dps+healer.

Blood DK / Healer

FUCK MY LIFE

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

2v2 is for points for those of us who have such a deep seated hatred of arena that we refuse to participate in it with any seriousness. but still need the pvp gear.

i was so happy when they announced rated bgs since i am SUCH a bg hero. sadly those are broken too...
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    All those ideas that "dpses can reset me" are not different from having another healer+dps team that makes a standstill for 20min+. It is a personal preference but it is quite strong: 20minutes in those tiny rooms are monumentally boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Blood DK / Healer

FUCK MY LIFE
    This.

In general I think the game should remove the 2v2 and possibly the 3v3 bracket and go only 5v5 (or at most 4v4/3v3) and BGs.

Deleted
    shadowpriest/frost mage is so OP in 2s, it's easy 2.2k. 1st few weeks of S9, when shadow priests were weak I went to 2.1k in 1 night with an awful mage in blue pve levelling gear (I was playing the priest). since then shadow priests and mages have been buffed hugely.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Blood DK / Healer

FUCK MY LIFE
    Blood DK/Rogue. Mind blown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    shadowpriest/frost mage is so OP in 2s
    Are you joking? If 2 melees try to train the priest I can not stop them even if I try to do ONLY that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went against a troll 2v2, they were Blood DK/Resto Shaman.

yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Are you joking? If 2 melees try to train the priest I can not stop them even if I try to do ONLY that.
    I hope your kidding....... Double melee should be a good match for shadow/frost mage. Open with sheep on off target, dot and kite the other. With mage slows your spriest would be able to kite fine. If he gets in trouble (dk with ams and CDs popped) he can disperse. With fear, 2 silences, disarm, sheep, and all the novas in the world you should fine against double melee....... Especially since they have no cleanse and you have shadows off heals. Shadow isnt the most forgiving spec, sounds like your priest needs to learn how to switch from offencse To defense better because a frost mage is proly the best 2s partner for a spriest.... Mabey a rogue actually but mage is top 2 double dps fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by briggz View Post
    I hope your kidding....... Double melee should be a good match for shadow/frost mage. Open with sheep on off target, dot and kite the other. With mage slows your spriest would be able to kite fine. If he gets in trouble (dk with ams and CDs popped) he can disperse. With fear, 2 silences, disarm, sheep, and all the novas in the world you should fine against double melee....... Especially since they have no cleanse and you have shadows off heals. Shadow isnt the most forgiving spec, sounds like your priest needs to learn how to switch from offencse To defense better because a frost mage is proly the best 2s partner for a spriest.... Mabey a rogue actually but mage is top 2 double dps fo sho
    Double rogue says hello with a kidney bomb either killing a caster or forcing all cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Double rogue says hello with a kidney bomb either killing a caster or forcing all cd's.
    Ok that can be tuff, along with rogue/feral but if you survive their opener and get cloak you should out last them. Dont underestimate shadow off heals. If wont be an easy fight but those 2 comps are the exception. Any other double melee should be cake

Quote Originally Posted by briggz View Post
    Ok that can be tuff, along with rogue/feral but if you survive their opener and get cloak you should out last them. Dont underestimate shadow off heals. If wont be an easy fight but those 2 comps are the exception. Any other double melee should be cake
    Ever played against a double glad enhance shammy team? Free 80k offheals, 6sec cd interrupts, grounding totems, it's insane.

Point is, 2s is stupidly broken, and it's mainly for fotm rollers to hit an easy 2,2k. cough cough ROGUES cough cough

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Ever played against a double glad enhance shammy team? Free 80k offheals, 6sec cd interrupts, grounding totems, it's insane.

Point is, 2s is stupidly broken, and it's mainly for fotm rollers to hit an easy 2,2k. cough cough ROGUES cough cough
    Heh cant argue with that. I actually run shadow/enh on my priest alt and its fun as hell. If you want top ratings and no fun, run heal+for or get really good at the few foul

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 04:12 AM ----------

Oops on my phone and didnt finish lol

2v2 is broken. There's no way to fix it.
    ^THIS^

blame kalgan for arena. just fire him already for screwing class balance over. i want my pve OP buffs back.

As I was saying ..... If you want high ratings in 2s play heal dps, or one of the few double dps that work at high rating. Me personally, I play heal dps on one toon and thats all I can Handel. Double dps on all alts lol