Pretty sure star wars existed first. Scenes like that existed in other games before star fox as well.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2012-01-10 at 11:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The title should moreso be, "Mini-game in a Star Wars game with same Genre as Starfox!"

Either way, stop trying to poach views for your Youtube account on MMO-champ.

inb4 you say you arent, and I point out Snuffle is in both your avatar name, and the Youtube account name, coincidence is not a suitable rebuttal.

No.
    Just No. I havn't been told to do a barrel roll yet, and i don't have a frog-like companion.
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

ohh noes, one game taking some influence from another successful game.
    the world is at an end, what will we do!?
    won't somebody think of the children! good god the children!
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by SegenThePally View Post
    No.
    Just No. I havn't been told to do a barrel roll yet, and i don't have a frog-like companion.
    One of the loading screen tips is 'press space bar to do a barrel roll!'.

But yeah, same genre =/= rip off. As Asthreon said, this is a blatant attempt to try and get more youtube hits. Feels bad man.

snuffle1upagus, crappy rip off of snuffleupagus? You decide!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

because games like World of Warcraft haven't been ripping off idea's from other games for years

OMG Blizzard ripped off Asheron's Call and made World of Warcraft. Someone call youtube and make a video.

Use the boost to...no not copying.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Just no.

Starfox is dead to me after that awful tripe that was Assault. Adventures was pushing it a bit with it's yiffy baiting, and that annoying prick Tricky. But dinosaurs are cool! And it was a RARE developed game too, so it was still quite fun. But Assault? hrjhjahhsknksnihihsinknksnvk

STARFOX IS DEAD TO ME.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Use the boost to...no not copying.
    Use the boost / Use the force...
    OMG another ripoff.

Sheesh, it entertained me at least. Don't think that was meant to be an attack on starwars lol. And dam, look at the detectives discovering the op's sinister plot to get views, glad we have those smart people...

Deleted
    They see me barrel rollin', they hatin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like half the posters just left a SWTOR convention and got home to find Snuffle1upagus sleeping with their (theoretical) girlfriends whilst simultaneously poisoning your dog, and the first thing they see on the internet is this thread. Jeeze guys give him a break, it was entertaining if nothing else.

Deleted
    Yes the Space combat is basically Star Fox 64. Is that bad? No, stealing the good things from other games (and sometimes making them better) is not bad, since it makes the game better (BioWare actually said in an interview that they stole a lot of things from other games) So what if it's stolen from Starfox? The entire combat system is basically stolen from WoW

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    snuffle1upagus, crappy rip off of snuffleupagus? You decide!
    Nope, 100% awesome. I decided.