Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ultraxion 10 HC bloodlust

I've heard somewhere that if BL is popped up while someone is not in the twilight world, that one doesn't gain BL buff itself and sated debuff either. Can someone confirm this? Wanna go with two bloodlusts, for dmg at the start, and for heals at ~5:00.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

This is true.

Yup. We do this and it works great.

It's a common strat that most of the top end guilds do.

Pull boss, all the healers go straight into the portal

pop heroism/bloodlust for the DPS

later when healing gets tough, pop it again for them + anyone else who died get's a second one.

Deleted
    Extra tip: Whomever is getting blue can potentially stay in to keep healing so the raid doesn't all get low while the others are phased. You don't have to do this but it's an option to keep in mind if you get any issues.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-16 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    It's a common strat that most of the top end guilds do.

pop heroism/bloodlust for the DPS

later when healing gets tough, pop it again for them + anyone else who died get's a second one.
    Yeah saw that on Method´s stream last week too !! Their holy priest Phlaryu who also streamed did that right after pulling the boss on HC.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Extra tip: Whomever is getting blue can potentially stay in to keep healing so the raid doesn't all get low while the others are phased. You don't have to do this but it's an option to keep in mind if get an issue.
    Yeah, umm... Don't listen to this unless you have a disc priest getting blue, which means you should change your strategy anyway.

Deleted
    Yes it works. Confirmed on our 25 HC progress yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Do you mean heroic will or entrance portal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Entrance portal?? Are you kidding. Of course heroic will lol

Deleted
    Heroic will

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Entrance portal?? Are you kidding. Of course heroic will lol
    Thought so, but "top guild strats" can be very unusual I just had to ask. Anyway, thanks all for confirmation.
    Last edited by Sir Nikotin; 2012-01-16 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Thought so, but "top guild strats" can be very unusual I just had to ask.
    Yeah that is true They have sometimes pretty unusual tactics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Yeah, umm... Don't listen to this unless you have a disc priest getting blue, which means you should change your strategy anyway.
    Nice reasoning provided for your statement. You sir clearly know what you are talking about. What with such a solid argument and everything that you built up there, I couldn't help but be persuaded by the plethora of reasons you gave.

Clearly you are right, if they are having issues with people dying (notice how I said to only do this if they have issues?) then it's obviously much better to let those people die just so an already GCD capped healer can get an extra 30% of near-useless haste. How could I not see this before? It makes so much sense!
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-16 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think it was top guilds who found this heroism strategy first, but this guy: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post14586200

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I don't think it was top guilds who found this heroism strategy first, but this guy: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post14586200
    What a smart guy then I was thinking that this is yet another idea from one of the topguilds.

Deleted
    It's pretty common knowledge I thought, since in the very start (or rather after ~5 seconds) everyone will have all trinkets procced, probably all cooldowns blown and pots active, this will beat out execution phase DPS unless you have a raid full of affliction warlocks. This, plus the added fact that on Ultraxion the raid damage and thus casting interruption is happening only every ~5-8 seconds makes this the best time to use it. If you were to blow it during the execution phase on Ultraxion you'd have to use it just after the 6th one (at least, we popped <20% just before 6th so heroi'ing then would suck) and there'd be AoE nearly every second interrupting everything.

Long story short, yes, hero in start, yes let your healers phase out and hero just after the 6th hour.

We use this strat, but only I phase out (disc). The pally stays in since by the time we'd hero he has the blue buff anyway.

Deleted
    We attempted Ultrax last night after getting Hagara down and ended up at 8% before healers couldn't keep us up, granted we were using a healer with offspec dps and a dps as offspec tank which would have accounted for about 2% or so.

Would the extra benefit from popping hero at the start (and getting it along with all other cooldowns up) account for the last ~6%?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    We attempted Ultrax last night after getting Hagara down and ended up at 8% before healers couldn't keep us up, granted we were using a healer with offspec dps and a dps as offspec tank which would have accounted for about 2% or so.

Would the extra benefit from popping hero at the start (and getting it along with all other cooldowns up) account for the last ~6%?
    possibly ye, since all your dps should have their CDs and procs lined up with the BL at start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."