Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Proof that Operatives need class tweaking! 3 shots full champion Sorc

EDIT:
    I figured I would edit my post because people just see NERF for some reason in this thread but this is not NERF Operatives Thread this is a CALL for class rework. Please realize you cant just NERF the class. Different mechanics is needed
    for the class. If you fail to understand the purpose of this thread please refrain from posting and just watch the videos. If you have something constructive to bring to the table I would be happy to have a discussion with you!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is an IA with cent/champion gear killing a full 15k health full champ gear Sorc

In 3 shots!

http://youtu.be/DP-VnyJ0sJc

No words needed after this. if you still deny how Operatives are overpowered you must be either selfish or blind and never played other classes in this game.

And for the record before l2play comments.

LvL 50 Sith Assassin, Rank 62 Battle Master (560 Expertise, Server Death Wing Cooridor, Dice)

LvL 50 Operative, rank 30 valor Champion/cent gear 400exp and I destroy all my 500 exp battle master friends.

Another great video by Chris who actually admitted that Operatives are extremely OP and need class rework!

10k CRITS
    http://youtu.be/DWNVqslQ7KY
    Last edited by djprada; 2012-01-17 at 12:27 AM. Reason: added video
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Don't bring a sorcerer to an IA fight.

Btw is that the combat lag people are complaining about? It looks terrible. Glad I don't experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    Don't bring a sorcerer to an IA fight.

Btw is that the combat lag people are complaining about? It looks terrible. Glad I don't experience it.
    Should I make a video vs my Sith Assassin with same 3 shot or my friend Jug's rank 65 Valor BM who dies right after my opener??

You clearly one of these people who think Operatives are balanced
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Should I make a video vs my Sith Assassin with same 3 shot or my friend Jug's rank 65 Valor BM who dies right after my opener??

You clearly one of these people who think Operatives are balanced
    I'm terrible at PvP, most of my 'important PvP shit' isn't even keybound, I have one PvP item (Weapon I got from my first and only Champion Bag, thanks for the System that rewards people based on effort), I get terrible FPS and ability delay in Warzones, but none of that matters cause I play a Scoundrel and kill everyone forever.

No seriously, my opening move that stuns them for 3 seconds, puts a powerful bleed on them, gives me 50% Armor Penetration and crits for 6k is balanced.

Deleted
    All of the large hits in that second video are against low level players while he has a 50% dmg increase from various buffs and pots so that's not exactly special. I crit for roughly 4.5k on my assassin so I could easily reach 7k if I wanted, and my gear isn't super special.

Deleted
    Funny how the videos made like hes some kind of god when he does nothing that a person that just picked up the game couldnt do :P

Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    All of the large hits in that second video are against low level players while he has a 50% dmg increase from various buffs and pots so that's not exactly special. I crit for roughly 4.5k on my assassin so I could easily reach 7k if I wanted, and my gear isn't super special.
    You will never reach 7k crit on Assassin, sorry to disappoint you! Even with +15 Buff, Surge relic, Stim and Exp stim highest I had was 5600 and I am at 560 Expertise.

whats with that lag at like 12 seconds into the 3 shot video.is that just you lagging or is that what the combat ability delay thing is

looks pretty annoying but i dont know,ive heard some people get it and some people dont.i have a pretty good gaming pc so maybe i wont get it

operative was kinda the class i was plannin on making cuz they looked pretty fun in pvp so thats kinda why i was wonderin,but i dont know like i said i heard some people get it and some people dont and my pc isnt really that bad
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-01-15 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    whats with that lag at like 12 seconds into the 3 shot video.is that just you lagging or is that what the combat ability delay thing is

looks pretty annoying but i dont know,ive heard some people get it and some people dont.i have a pretty good gaming pc so maybe i wont get it
    That's not the Ability Delay, that's just the game stuttering.

The Ability Delay is actually a problem caused by Animations taking priority over everything. They are supposedly going to have it fixed it in 1.1.

I'd get killed by an Operative if I just stood there and lagged out too.

They are supposedly going to have it fixed it in 1.1.
    were can i find the most updated patch notes for it cuz the ones i saw it didnt mention anything about it

unless 1.1 isnt the patch im thinking of,cuz i thought it was gonna be the one that was like gonna be released like this week
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-01-15 at 11:46 PM.

Fuck the lag and the just standing there--look at the numbers.

5.8k crit and a 6k crit within 1 global of each other. The target is knocked to the floor and stunned during those two abilities. A Vengeance Juggernaut in full Champion has less than 15k health. Nevermind that it was a Sorc, the same thing would happen to any class.

EDIT: fixed the health numbers after logging back in and checking.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-01-16 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'd get killed by an Operative if I just stood there and lagged out too.
    Its 3 second knock back in operatives talent tree. 3 seconds = 3 globals .you cant do anything during 3 seconds unless your trinket is up.

Again. The purpose of this video is to show operatives dmg output vs geared 50s and how long does it take him to kill fully geared Sorc. you are missing a point bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    were can i find the most updated patch notes for it cuz the ones i saw it didnt mention anything about it

unless 1.1 isnt the patch im thinking of,cuz i thought it was gonna be the one that was like gonna be released like this week
    It's not in the notes. It was mentioned in an interview.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=177381

I'm not entirely convinced that it will be fixed because there's a lot of speculation about it being a problem with the engine itself. But all we can do is wait and hope, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Its 3 second knock back in operatives talent tree. 3 seconds = 3 globals .you cant do anything during 3 seconds unless your trinket is up.

Again. The purpose of this video is to show operatives dmg output vs geared 50s and how long does it take him to kill fully geared Sorc. you are missing a point bro.
    GCD in TOR is 1.5 seconds so no, it's 2 globals, if you have Unbreakable Will it's sorted...and they won't kill you in 2 globals, you'll have time to pop a medpak, defensive cooldown (Deflection) or a CC. For an operative to 3 shot, they need to be incredibly lucky or have used all of their cooldowns and likely the pvp expertise stim. Also 10k crits on sub 30's with 0 expertise, nothing new...especially as indicated in the video, Bloodthirst from a Marauder in the team

I find your claims to be dubious at best since being Valor 62 isn't any indication of skill. It's just time. Not saying you're bad, I have no idea...but the person in the video is dying cuz they're just standing there and PvP isn't balanced around 1v1...you should know that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    It's not in the notes. It was mentioned in an interview.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=177381

I'm not entirely convinced that it will be fixed because there's a lot of speculation about it being a problem with the engine itself. But all we can do is wait and hope, I guess.
    The only thing mentioned in the patch notes so far even remotely close to the discussion is:

The cooldown indicator on hotbars no longer causes all ability icons to appear grayed out (unusable). Now, when an ability is on cooldown, it will not be grayed out if its activation conditions (like resource costs or range) are met.
    Which isn't the fix that's needed. As a little aside the game is entirely capable of interupting animations to cast. I discovered this after being knocked flat on my ass after being attacked on my speeder. Normally you have a little animation where you get up from off the ground but I was spamming cast buttons and the getting up animation was not actually happening. It was being interrupted by spamming attacks and i was literally casting with my face on the floor. Having said that I wonder what they've got up their sleeves for this, in the interview he mentions a few fixes in 1.1 and the week after.

wheres your shield, trinket, force speed?

please dont bring this crap to mmochamp. we dont want these types of posts

Deleted
    It's funny though because when you're tanking as a Guardian and you block shots, the game will priorities the blocking animation over your current ability usage.

It makes tanking a real pain.

It's really fundamental stuff like this that annoys me about the game. I can live with the bugs or the imbalance but this kind of thing that any remotely experienced MMO player can point out and yet they fomble it with a 300 Mio. dollar budget. I mean this HERO engine is probably the worst MMO engine I could imagine. It's ugly, slow and sluggish and doesn't manage to achieve much with the allocated resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a BH healer I can survive 90% of the ops that put me down, the moment I stand back up I can heal myself back to full health and if I have anyone with me the Op will die in about 5-10 seconds which makes it perfectly balanced in my eyes. Marauders/Senintels are much more of a problem for me.

If I stand still and do nothing to keep myself alive they will kill me quickly yes, but thats not a PvP fight and is no sign of imbalance at all.

Also, is it really that much of a suprise that the stealthing backstab class can kill a light armor wearer quickly? Have a look at how quickly a Sorc can kill an Op that opens on someone else if you want to see balance between the two classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    A Vengeance Juggernaut in full Champion has less than 13k health.
    My BH Merc has 16k HP in Champ gear , my friends Jugg has 19k in mostly Champ with 2 or 3 pieces PvE.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-01-16 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I can live with the bugs or the imbalance but this kind of thing that any remotely experienced MMO player can point out and yet they fomble it with a 300 Mio. dollar budget.
    I'm fairly used to people on this forum continuing to spread that 300 million lie. However I expect better from a moderator on this forum. Tisk tisk.