View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You are not significant enough to decide these things. If GMs did this, fine. But no, I'd report you instantly if I saw you doing this, despite me never being among the low performers.

Everyone pays the same amount for this game, LFR is not for elitist thinking. It's for facerolling and yes, even baddies, to see content.
    Report it all you like, they've already stated their stance on it and it's perfectly fine. Everyone pays the same for the game and everyone gets an equal opportunity to roll on gear on fights they participate in. You can't claim equality for everyone then turn around and claim people with an item already don't deserve to roll like everyone else, that's not how it works and is actually closer to the definition of greed most people tend to throw around as a reason for their flawed logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    @OP; so your definition of best is the person doing most dps/hps regardless of the target they did it on?
    as in: you can go out nuking all corruptions on the spine fight to avoid dps loss and totally F* up your raid, but if that gives your high dps then you're the best player?
    because that is what you're saying.

yeah, excellent tactics bro.

if you have to ask yourself the question if what you're doing is right or not, then you have already given yourself the answer
    Clearly I don't gauge Dps on spine, stop being ignorant. I'm not that dumb, but if you read some of my responses you will see how I break down how i determine who gets loot in my eyes.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

really i dont know why they dont make it so you dont have the ability to roll need on an item if you already have it. wouldn't that fix a lot of this gripping?
    Not for people who are forced by fight mechanics to play more than one spec with different reforging requirements for each.

heck, i went in there the other day on my mage. no gems, no enchants, two greens, barely making the req ilvl using a few pvp peices, and i was still pulling 14-15k dps and they wanted to remove me. you'll notice a lot, when the tank screws up, they start pointing fingers at the dps. my dps sucked, i know. but, i was trying. are we saying here that if something dropped that i needed, it should go to another mage who is doing 50k dps?
    That's up to the individual loot winner to decide if they want to give you gear or not, but I can guarantee you would not see a single piece of gear from me if I won it. You are the cancer of WoW, not the people who choose to give loot to deserving players. 15k dps is absolutely laughable and I would have vote kicked you in a heartbeat for not putting an ounce of effort into gearing your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    Report it all you like, they've already stated their stance on it and it's perfectly fine. Everyone pays the same for the game and everyone gets an equal opportunity to roll on gear on fights they participate in. You can't claim equality for everyone then turn around and claim people with an item already don't deserve to roll like everyone else, that's not how it works and is actually closer to the definition of greed most people tend to throw around as a reason for their flawed logic.
    They don't deserve to roll on items they already have, especially not to play Grand Master of a PUG raid on lowest possible difficulty because they somehow have a need to control and decide what other people get from their time spent in the game.

I've seen the bow on Madness go to a hunter who did 16k dps through that fight. He was not the top DPS hunter, I was. But he WAS the highest roller and that to me = justice. He also needed the upgrade way more than me, obviously.

Seriously, they should really implement the "If you own it, you can't roll again!"-rule for LFR since it's obvious that this tool is not being seen for what it is. On dual-spec chars it would have to be different for tokens, but would still stop people needing without any use for the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    That's up to the individual loot winner to decide if they want to give you gear or not, but I can guarantee you would not see a single piece of gear from me if I won it. You are the cancer of WoW, not the people who choose to give loot to deserving players. 15k dps is absolutely laughable and I would have vote kicked you in a heartbeat for not putting an ounce of effort into gearing your character.
    -_- it was my mages first time in LFR and i did my first cata heroics that same day. my hit rating was garbage.

btw there are people in full cata heroic dungeon gear who don't do 15k dps in LFR. and elitist like you are the cancer of wow in my eyes. so intolerant and arrogant.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2012-01-18 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll put it as bluntly as I can: Looting mechanic limitations aside, you do not have the right to deprive other players of gear you do not need. Your opinion is only your opinion, and your belief that you have a right to reward/punish players based on some kind of subjective performance evaluation is profoundly arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I'll put it as bluntly as I can: Looting mechanic limitations aside, you do not have the right to deprive other players of gear you do not need. Your opinion is only your opinion, and your belief that you have a right to reward/punish players based on some kind of subjective performance evaluation is profoundly arrogant.
    So you've never raided in a guild with loot council? Because it's an awesome loot system

And once he wins a piece of gear, what do you care what he does with it?

so tanks can go screw themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They don't deserve to roll on items they already have, especially not to play Grand Master of a PUG raid on lowest possible difficulty because they somehow have a need to control and decide what other people get from their time spent in the game.

I've seen the bow on Madness go to a hunter who did 16k dps through that fight. He was not the top DPS hunter, I was. But he WAS the highest roller and that to me = justice. He also needed the upgrade way more than me, obviously.

Seriously, they should really implement the "If you own it, you can't roll again!"-rule for LFR since it's obvious that this tool is not being seen for what it is. On dual-spec chars it would have to be different for tokens, but would still stop people needing without any use for the item.
    Clearly he needs that bow to do good dps. 16k on madness is absurd. Why even que if your that bad. Why even play. I bet he has even a hard time killing a single mob doing dailys.

But yeah he deserved it cuz he can click a que button. Hope you get my sarcasm.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to ask... then probably.

Honestly, how do you determine who needs it most? The person with a green to replace, or the top dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Clearly he needs that bow to do good dps. 16k on madness is absurd. Why even que if your that bad. Why even play. I bet he has even a hard time killing a single mob doing dailys.

But yeah he deserved it cuz he can click a que button. Hope you get my sarcasm.
    The guy was probably auto attacking and watching youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    so tanks can go screw themselves?
    Read my thread again. I as a hunter said I will look at the hunters, shamans, and warriors. Pretty sure warriors can tank last time I checked.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    The guy was probably auto attacking and watching youtube.
    You forgot auto follow. The hardest thing to do out of all those things. But yeah he deserved it because he alt tabbed just in time before the loot clock was done.

Clearly a real contributor towards the raid.

Deleted
    On my Mage and hunter who have all tier already and most other gear from raid. I will need on the items I already have.

If I win such item, I will use recount and determine which person I feel deserves it. Obviously I inspect the person first to see if he's gemmed/enchanted as well.

But normally I give it to the best healer/dps.
    I do the same. Pull your fucking weight if you want any gear that I win. That being said, I also look at damage taken, what kind of damage taken, and to what sort of mobs damage is done.

You only need the gear if you're going in to normals (or heroics if you already finished normals) so baddies can cry all day, I'll still need on your gear.

P.S. if they all suck, I vendor it. Get on with the hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Who are you to talk about rights? For someone talking about others acting outside their supposed "rights", you sure are high and mighty. I have every right to roll on an item that I want to. I have every right to pass that item to someone who needs it and who also tried their best and/or had a great attitude. I have every right to do as I please, since the roll gave everyone an equal chance to attain the item. If I happen to win, why should you complain about what I do with it. It's profoundly arrogant of you to assume your beliefs are more correct than my beliefs.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read my thread again. I as a hunter said I will look at the hunters, shamans, and warriors. Pretty sure warriors can tank last time I checked.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 11:02 PM ----------

You forgot auto follow. The hardest thing to do out of all those things. But yeah he deserved it because he alt tabbed just in time before the loot clock was done.

Clearly a real contributor towards the raid.
    Reminds me of a warlock running around in circles LITERALLY within 4 tentacles of the encounter, Once we got to P2.... He spammed Fel flame and Immolate with a whopping 21k in the end of the encounter.

Good times AND he won a Rathak.

Quote Originally Posted by Aefi View Post
    I do the same. Pull your fucking weight if you want any gear that I win. That being said, I also look at damage taken, what kind of damage taken, and to what sort of mobs damage is done.

You only need the gear if you're going in to normals (or heroics if you already finished normals) so baddies can cry all day, I'll still need on your gear.

P.S. if they all suck, I vendor it. Get on with the hate.
    Ooo you said it how I wanted to say it in the first place, but I didn't want to get infracted.

QFT

If you win it, it is yours, and you can do whatever you decide to do with it. It is no different then going in with friends and rolling need for them. You are just electing the person you believe is the most deserving as your friend.

LFR has so many people needing for other people, needing on whatever they can even though it is useless for them just to not let others they consider "undeserving" win it, and needing for off spec, that does another person rolling need like everyone else on the tier actually mean anything?

To be honest I rarely have came across anyone who beat me in any of the meter of my respective role (healing or dps) even with my lower gear alts about a 378 ilvl. The people at the bottom of the list in LFR usually are there for a reason: they don't know there class or they cheated the system with ungemmed and, unenchanted pvp gear, so giving to the rich argument is a bunch of crap.

To answer the question. Sure go ahead I always rather see someone who can actually use the gear and helped win the fight get the gear over that person afk'ing for all of trash and half the bosses to need on the loot.

Deleted
    The system is very flawed, yes, but what you're doing isn't helping.

You can't play loot master in a group loot setting, it's impossible. What you can do is roll on an item you've earned the right to roll on by participating in an encounter like everyone else, then giving that item to someone else if you don't feel like using it yourself. You have no more right to an item for your time spent than they do.

That's your view on things and everyone is entitled to their own view. My view differs in that anyone who leeching does not deserve gear and 16k on MoD screams leech. I don't get upset or rage in chat if someone like that wins, but you better damn well believe I'll do what I can to ensure someone like that won't receive a thing.

Do you pass every upgrade you get to the people sitting afk or auto-attacking the boss because "they need it more"? If you do you're more of an idiot than I suspect.

I don't know how many times I have to state this for people to pull their heads out of their asses and think about it, but aside from weapons (except for dual-wielding classes and select other cases) and trinkets every item can be used in duplicates for a character's main role.

-_- it was my mages first time in LFR and i did my first cata heroics that same day. there are people in full cata heroic gear who don't do 15k dps. you're so narrow-minded and wow, what an elitist.
    I don't care if it was your 20th time. I find it completely unacceptable to queue knowing you can't perform to the standards you should be able to perform at in a raid. I also never give loot to asshats (people being rude in raid, etc) or leechers (afkers, people with no gems/chants, people wearing only pvp gear). Call me elitist if you want, but if you ever tried to pull that shit back in TBC you would have been laughed at and that's the mindset I still have to this day. It should be considered griefing to join random group content without gems/chants on your gear.

It's more arrogant to claim that when 2 players fulfilled their role during a fight 1 of them doesn't have a right to roll on any loot that drops just because you think it's unfair.

In a perfect world, this would really not be right and I would surely be against it. However, in LFR many people just need because they can, on everything. Taking loot distribution into your own hands seems like the only way to combat the asshole-trend. I got given items by total strangers from different servers, in LFR because I did well and I gave items to others when I felt they deserve it, even items I didn't have - that only on alts though. It might not be an optimal system, but it's better than random rolling.

Just adding: I agree completely witht he poster above me
    Last edited by Zubacz; 2012-01-18 at 02:23 AM.