Blizz needs to hire moar People for moar Content jadajada!

hi there,

i read this statement quite alot when browsing the mmo-forums, and when i say "alot", that is an understatement.

so i actually bothered to look up blizzards page and voila: !us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/directory.html#region=Americas

just look at the amount of artists they want to hire for WoW. yeah, take that in. digest it mentally. and then fart wisdom all over the place.

i tried to bring this point up quite often, but it seems nobody listens: blizzard cant grow talented people on fucking fields. they have to
    want to work there, and apply, and actually be good. oh, maybe not everyones who is talented, is also a friggin workaholic/maniac, which you should be if working in that field, in such an aspiring company (true for every company who produces AAA quality).
    so maybe, just MAYBE, they want to put out more visuals, content, whatever you call it, and simply lack the manpower
    to satiate the demands of the community.

oh, and i like cataclysm. could you believe that. it wasn't enough? sure, i would take seconds. but did i enjoy the meal nonetheless? more than i did BC, i can tell you that much.

Deleted
    It's not the amount of workers they have, it's the type of content to create.

1-60 used to be an experience, with some main quest, and side quest everywhere. Like Skyrim. (Game of the year)
    People, like my sister, who only did the main quests of skyrim, replay it now for all the side quests and character development.

Wow doesn't have that option to replay it with sidequests. Which means a boring piece of shit levelling experience.

Endgame: Character development is missing yet again. You reach 85, do some heroics, get gear, and voila, you're in the endgame.

It's a piece of shit, no character development these days. If D3 is as much of a dissapointment as WoW for the last 2 expansions then that's the last I'll see of their games.

RPG with hardly character development... Just lol.

Did you like cata more than tbc because you could actually do the raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Did you like cata more than tbc because you could actually do the raids?
    Hearing that often, as well. Bad Argument: It just was boring as fuck. The only thing which motivated me, was to see familiar faces from the Franchise.
    Took a Break after T5 until Sunwell. I didn't feel i missed much after seeing Black Temple.

Oh, my iLvL is higher than yours, same title. Go figure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Hearing that often, as well. Bad Argument: It just was boring as fuck. The only thing which motivated me, was to see familiar faces from the Franchise.
    Took a Break after T5 until Sunwell. I didn't feel i missed much after seeing Black Temple.

Oh, my iLvL is higher than yours, same title. Go figure.
    But still, you didn't reply to me as to design filosophy being the problem rather then amount of content. (Even though it's lower then WotLK.)
    The content these days matters to young teenagers, rather then older teenagers, 20+ to 60. Well maybe caters to 45+ to 60.

It's the change in design filosophy that will have most customers go, rather then amount of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post

You know why these roles probably came up? Yeah, Titan. And MoP. 2 major projects. A lot of the senior team will have moved over to Titan from WoW. Since these roles are in such capacity, i can only make the assumption that they're gearing up to announce something related to titan, be it a purposely leaked screenshot, or an actual preview.
    The Artists CURRENTLY hired possibly won't be because of TITAN-Aftermath. First off, they are looking for partly identical Positions for "Next-Gen MMO" and WoW. Second, the timing would be a little late, the Changes in Art-Direction and Execution have most likely already happened to this Point. I believe their increasing the Team instead of compensating, for MoP and in General.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 03:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aefi View Post
    But still, you didn't reply to me as to design filosophy being the problem rather then amount of content. (Even though it's lower then WotLK.)
    The content these days matters to young teenagers, rather then older teenagers, 20+ to 60. Well maybe caters to 45+ to 60.

It's the change in design filosophy that will have most customers go, rather then amount of content.
    Well, i actually didnt mention any of this in the OP, soo i dont know why you go into that direction?
    The Design-Problem i see, however, is Character-Progression outside of Gear, ill give you that. That is a Problem with MMO's in General.
    Balancing is one issue, the other limited Resources and Allocation of those. They have to go with what the Majority wants.

I would like an expanded Glyph-System, a little bit like the D3-Rune System, but thats very unlikely to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    The Artists CURRENTLY hired possibly won't be because of TITAN-Aftermath. First off, they are looking for partly identical Positions for "Next-Gen MMO" and WoW. Second, the timing would be a little late, the Changes in Art-Direction and Execution have most likely already happened to this Point. I believe their increasing the Team instead of compensating, for MoP and in General.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 03:18 AM ----------

Well, i actually didnt mention any of this in the OP, soo i dont know why you go into that direction?
    The Design-Problem i see, however, is Character-Progression outside of Gear, ill give you that. That is a Problem with MMO's in General.
    Balancing is one issue, the other limited Resources and Allocation of those. They have to go with what the Majority wants.

I would like an expanded Glyph-System, a little bit like the D3-Rune System, but thats very unlikely to happen.
    What I'm trying to say is, people is might be having more people in deployment, but those people are trying to figure out and develop content for people in their early teens. For people who've been playing a fuckload of time (myself past 7 years) this is a knee to the balls. Those who are like me play for the community as learned in vanilla, or somewhat older then the average demographic, and read forums. The majority of the players do not. Thus, the majority might think that Blizzard is developing less content (wich they have, but for the sake of discussion, let's say it's the same over all expansions) it might seem less to us RPG player, since there is only 1 questline to follow per zone, and when you reach 85 you nearly instantly get ready for the last raid.

That's why it seems for most forum going community that Blizzard is developing less content.

I'd wait for Diablo 3 before saying this but; Blizzard forgot their roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ALOT more interested in that next-gen MMO thing on there

I would gladly take less quality content over more average content.