Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not yet, maybe in the next version of the Minecraft map format being introduced in 1.2
    For those who didn't hear the news, the Minecraft chunk format is changing dramatically:

http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/14/new...-format-anvil/

Incresed height limit, biomes directly in the region file. This is really cool stuff.

dude this is amazing, i heard about this from lewis from the yogscast, cant wait to see where this goes

Experimenting with some multi-texturing stuff:

Last edited by rkma; 2012-02-16 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    WoW does it for the same reason as I am against your proposition: Trying to fit instanced zones into their actual exterior could massively pump the instance and its exterior up or would require sacrifices regarding details, proportions and complexity. I know it would be so much cooler, if the actual Blackrock could contain LBRS, UBRS, BWL, BWD, BRD, BRC and MC at once, but even if it's huge, so are most of these instances. And 4 of them are in the upper levels.

Since Minecraft is incredibly inflexible in smoothing edges / making smooth transitions without wasting huge amounts of spaces, it is fairly limited without mods like RedPower2, where you could quarter a block and hence, have much smaller pieces to work with for more detailed work.
    the easiest way to overcome these issues would be to base it off of the vanilla map and vanilla isntances if we use that logic it would from top to bottom respectively in black rock it would be LBRS, UBRS, BRD, MC. Besides Vanilla was the best and in terms of ease in reconstructing it the outward terrain of vanilla was physically representative of the the instances it hid, like if you swam around the mountain range from Westfall to Straglethorn you would see the giant doors that hid the ship in Deadmines, after all instances were originally only instances to remove wait time and allow for faster progression of quests or we would have several hundred people waiting to kill vancleef.

and from there you can add minor things that were supposedly there before deathwing ripped the continents into a mess

but yeah that would mean less work and over all better detail then trying to purely recreate WoW Cata.

once the minecraft height limit is changed, this could get REALLY epic. I look forward to its progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Luceo View Post
    made an account finally after reading MMO-C forums for about a year to tell you that this looks AMAZING please tell me you're going to make it available to download when you've finished
    Yes please! This is awsome.
    And my son always wants to play his wow char when i'm playing. Then he can play wow in minecraft.

A lot of people complained that the Barrens didn't look "barren" enough. This was because, prior to patch 1.2, there was no way to specify biome information in the region file. With 1.2, this is actually possible. The patch isn't live yet, but here's a preview from the most recent snapshot:

Last edited by rkma; 2012-02-23 at 11:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome work. Can't wait to see the final map.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Damn that full map render is simply amazing and I am actually quite surprised at the level of detail you managed to pull over, considering you never really get to view the entire map like that it has so many the details I never realized wow had.

Some images of EK. Sorry for the grainy pics, there's no optifine for 1.2 yet, so it'll have to do

Last edited by rkma; 2012-03-01 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    it's amazing.Can't wait to see Gilneas

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    A lot of people complained that the Barrens didn't look "barren" enough. This was because, prior to patch 1.2, there was no way to specify biome information in the region file. With 1.2, this is actually possible. The patch isn't live yet, but here's a preview from the most recent snapshot:

this is going to get really cool. even if it kills my computer, I HAVE to have a downloadable version of this map to just explore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    this is going to get really cool. even if it kills my computer, I HAVE to have a downloadable version of this map to just explore.
    id really love to explore it myself aswel, i so hope hes gonna put a downloadeable link once its finished.
    il even show it to all my old wow friends XD

Deleted
    I'd pay to be able to do all quests from WoW there... :P

Deleted
    Hey, I really like the work you've done so far and I'd like to support you in this so, is there a paypal link where I can donate to you to keep up your enthusiasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Pestington View Post
    Hey, I really like the work you've done so far and I'd like to support you in this so, is there a paypal link where I can donate to you to keep up your enthusiasm?
    I don't have a paypal set up, but thanks for thinking about it. =p

I know I haven't been posting a lot, but I'm definitely still working on this project. It's mostly been technical changes with the algorithm, which are hard to appreciate unless I show before/after pics. Anyway, here are some screenshots of Eastern Kingdoms I just took today:

Last edited by rkma; 2012-03-14 at 08:13 AM.

ramses, are you planning to merge the Eastern Kingdoms with the Bloodelf-starting area?
    It always annoys me that blizzard didn't fix that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    ramses, are you planning to merge the Eastern Kingdoms with the Bloodelf-starting area?
    It always annoys me that blizzard didn't fix that already.
    I haven't decided how to do that yet. It would be neat to manually patch the two together, but currently there aren't any tools to make it work smoothly.

That picture of Ironforge looks amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to just explore WoW? The process for creating this Minecraft world is pretty slick but it's still gonna be Minecraft. It's not like you're gonna run into the Alliance battling the Horde when you're wandering around South Barrens :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow