Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So, it's a game with with three difficulty level but the hard and normal difficulty level will get easier over time that makes no sense. And this argument people hit a brick wall yes sure they do and then you admit defeat. With this modell everyone is a winner how cool is that?!?! Not so much. How about this new challenge mode system will it get easier over time too so everyone has gold medals? Sure it will by this logic. And people wonder why nothing feels epic anymore. Get better or get out!

PeterTrompete if you dont like it you could go play with lightsabers.

honestly, if you cleared FR DS then good for you, why do you care if they change the difficulty?
    If you cleared Reg mode DS then good for you, why do you care if they change the difficulty?
    If you cleared Heroic Mode DS then good for you, why do you care if they change the difficulty?

If you havnt, and want the "full" experience (you must be the sort who enjoys beating there head against a brick wall) then turn the buff off. its optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    PeterTrompete if you dont like it you could go play with lightsabers.

honestly, if you cleared FR DS then good for you, why do you care if they change the difficulty?
    If you cleared Reg mode DS then good for you, why do you care if they change the difficulty?
    If you cleared Heroic Mode DS then good for you, why do you care if they change the difficulty?

If you havnt, and want the "full" experience (you must be the sort who enjoys beating there head against a brick wall) then turn the buff off. its optional.

Maybe because it completely trivializes the work people put into defeating the normal/HM bosses? Also, before you use the "special snowflake" argument on me, take a moment and think about who's really the special snowflakes: those who don't want their efforts trivialized or those who want everything changed and given to them "just cause"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid nerf. :/
    Vol'jin fanboy

This is just silly - heroic modes should remain just that, heroic. If people find them too challenging, there's normal mode content. Nerfing heroic modes devalues the achievements of those that have already completed the content, and makes the goal less meaningful for those that are working towards it now. It is okay for some things to be hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If you don't like the Nerf, just talk to Alfastrasasasusaurus (something like that)2. Play without the nerfs.3. Win!

Deleted
    I love the tears from the Heroic crowd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by porcini View Post
    This is just silly - heroic modes should remain just that, heroic. If people find them too challenging, there's normal mode content. Nerfing heroic modes devalues the achievements of those that have already completed the content, and makes the goal less meaningful for those that are working towards it now. It is okay for some things to be hard!
    Not really. As others have already mentioned, if you're really a true elite raider then you have already downed heroic deathwing and this OPTIONAL nerf does not affect you or concern you. If you haven't done so, then maybe it's time you accepted you're not as elite as you thought you were. You're in the 99% the blue post talks about not the 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by plosion View Post
    That answer is disgusting, and bashiok should feel ashamed.

It's their problem people are bored. The fact that they pumped the least ammount of endgame content into cataclysm.
    You didn't read what Bashiok really said.

Fact is.. Elitist and Casuals PAY the same monthly FEE. If casuals are tired of WIPING.. what please has that to do with lack of content.. Gosh..

Hardcore Guilds cleared DS HC weeks ago. Regular guilds cleared DS Normal weeks ago.. they had their challenge. It won't change anything for them if
    others have 5% or more buff in DS. THEY already cleared it.

Why should someone that pays the same amount of money for something not be getting the same as others?

Would you like to buy a Ferrari and not getting a steering wheel, no brakes, no radio and no seats in it, but you payed same as one that has it all? NO you would not like that.

It doesn't diminish or trivialises what other guilds have done. They did it while the nerf wasn't active. They can still turn turn the buff off and do it old school.
    We live in 2012 and everybody wants diversity and freedom on the planet, yet you ask for elitism and kind of a "monopolysm" in a videogame..

People will remember who killed DS HC first; they will remembe when and under which circumstances. 5% buff doesn't matter when it comes to world first 10 DS HC kills.

All you crap QQ'ers should stop complain, play the game and if it's not fun; quit for gods sake. How can you be bored of something and still keep on doing it.. that's just hypocriticy at it's best. BLIZZARD doesn't owe you anything. They will do what they want with their game, accept it or leave.
    Last edited by Ohmnia; 2012-01-19 at 07:50 AM.

If a guild doesn't want the help, they're free to opt out of the buff.
    Yeah, too bad one of the major points is competition and theres nothing separating those who would turn off the buff from those that would use it. Now if they had a separate ach for doing it with no buff or you just didn't get the ach if the buff was on, that would be a step towards there being meaning in turning it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitists - Please stop whining and turn the buff off so your elitist asses can feel proud.

The pro cyclists still rides their bikes even though the car is invented. Runners still run even though the cycle is invented.why are they doing it?
    Because they can still compete on on the same level.

IRL what is the bigger accomplishment walking 50 km. or driving 50 km.?

Just as raiders can still compete on the same level.
    If you turn the buff off, you choose to walk knowing that you could have driven in a car.Won't you feel a bigger accomplishment?
    Last edited by tussee; 2012-01-19 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    In other words we get WIPE ON / WIPE OFF. daniel son

So...... what was the point in 'raid finder' then?

Wasn't the whole idea behind it, to allow more casual players to experience the content?
    Wasn't half the reason they implemented it, so that heroic and normal difficulty would be left alone?

The only reason i can see for nerfing DS, both normal and heroic, is to drag out the content as long as possible.

Burning Crusade: 50 bosses over 2 years.
    Wrath: 50 bosses over 2 years. (not including pvp raids)
    Cata: 28 bosses over 13 months. (not including pvp raids)

Their excuse for the low amount of content was 'faster, more frequent expansions'. By this logic, FL and DS should have been rolled into a single tier, and we should be hitting 5.0 by now, with MoP just around the corner (1-2 months tops).

With the slow nerfing of DS, on both difficulties, I cant see MoP coming out before Q3, probably Q4.

I doubt there will even be a Ruby Sanctum or Sunwell type filler raid.

Yes, you can turn it off. No, the competition will not turn it off.
    Last edited by asharia; 2012-01-19 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though it's a bit soon (TOO SOON!) I don't mind this change. What would maybe be cool is they'd add some achievement for turning off the buff and clearing stuff, so the "elite" proud can say "Hey, I didn't need that stupid buff".

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not necessary at all

I wish Blizz gave a damn about healers. Just how awesome healing was in t11, as shit it is in FL after nerfs and DS. In the end of FL we were at the point of 2-3 healing most 25m heroic encounters, which was never the case with t11. More healers being benched this content too. I hate Blizzard for doing that. Nerf hp only, please. I don't want to play my offspec or warm the bench because healers are no longer needed.

Deleted
    I thought today I'd see Dave Kosak's interview where he says "[4.3 DS] it's our most epic raid fight we've ever done.", that "[4.3] should give people something to sink their teeth into for a few months." without a 4.4, on how he is dodging responses for the lack of content, the drop of subscription numbers and the fail of Cataclysm.

P.S.: The lack of lips of the Curse girl is creepy ! Even if she is cute.
    Last edited by mmoca9d0c481a5; 2012-01-19 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's the same whining as ICC buffs.

So save yourself some time and go here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-posts/page15
    to see the same arguments, the same responses, the same whining and the same misery instead of trying to whine for the same things about something that already have seen.

1) If you are 8/8 you don't care
    2) If you don't care about realm's first don't use it
    3) If you care then use it
    4) If you already hit a wall the you must be more than happy
    5) If you didn't hit a wall yet then you are probably 8/8 look at 1.

Everyone should be happy except the cry babies.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-01-19 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    This is akin to telling a basketball team that the other team is only going to be allowed to have 4 players on the court (to your 5), but they can opt to let the other side play with an equal number of players - however, if they lose, they will not get paid.
    Not the same at all. You don't get paid to kill Deathwing.

If it was just a game for fun (like WoW is supposed to be), I would want to play with equal numbers, obviously.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-01-19 at 08:09 AM.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see what they're trying to do and I understand exactly why they're doing it. Doesn't seem like it'll do any harm seeing as it's just to help those struggling with the normal mode content each week and that it's a completely optional thing! But as usual the people of WoW will QQ until doomsday because that's all they know how to do anymore -.-