Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragon Soul Boss Debuff begins January 31st

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/432...1_18_2012#blog

5% Health and Damage nerf to all Dragon Soul bosses, stacking over the following weeks.

Deleted
    Dont like it dont use it. Simple as don't complain like bitches.

In b4 mass "omg lol @ nerf wow too easy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    Dont like it dont use it. Simple as don't complain like bitches.

In b4 mass "omg lol @ nerf wow too easy"
    Thats the reason we have LFR, for people to see End Game they've been complaining about. So now "giving" the opportunity to nerf bosses is for what purpose? Oh right, for the babies who want 397 gear. Thats's right I said it. The truth finally comes out. It was never about the seeing EndGame, but ALWAYS about the gear.

Catering to the casuals..Good Job Blizz!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Thats the reason we have LFR, for people to see End Game they've been complaining about. So now "giving" the opportunity to nerf bosses is for what purpose? Oh right, for the babies who want 397 gear. Thats's right I said it. The truth finally comes out. It was never about the seeing EndGame, but ALWAYS about the gear.

I think this fits under their primary overriding goal of providing players multiple paths to progress their characters. LFR just got more people into basic raiding. Seeing the content was probably part of their vision but not the end all be all.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

"The spell can also be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul, if a raid wishes to attempt the encounters without the aid of the Dragon Aspects."

Just disable it if its suchs a big deal for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who argues this is a good thing are people who need this buff, so theres no point in arguing with them...

very sad this is happening.. thought LFR was to see content.. thought normal/hardmode was for real raiders.

EDIT: And saying "just disable it if you don't like it" is a very bad excuse for this happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Nosonia....So you want a hard 15%-20% nerf on everything?

This is probably the best system Blizzard has.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Don't really care about this buff, the only thing stopping Spine progress is gear levels since we can't stack 7 mages and 6 rogues, this buff is equal to a few weeks more gear and it'll stay at 5% for a month atleast, so I'm happy with it atleast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post

EDIT: And saying "just disable it if you don't like it" is a very bad excuse for this happening...
    No, it's not a bad excuse. If YOUR raid group doesn't want it, turn it off. If SOMEONE ELSE's raid group uses it, who cares? All the world firsts are done, clearly you're far too pro to be competing with anyone on your server, so what does it matter how other guilds - OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT YOU - do it?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I confess I am shocked they are doing this since we have LFR now but I guess their metrics are showing that we need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

And here we go with the same old QQers for the 4th or 5th tier now who are more emotionally invested in how other people play the game than how they play it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

lawls you narb casuals down normal mode they dont do it in one week...maybe they do.....casuals are casuals and still good your refering to bads...but you cant differ this so you must be a bad as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Don't really care about this buff, the only thing stopping Spine progress is gear levels since we can't stack 7 mages and 6 rogues, this buff is equal to a few weeks more gear and it'll stay at 5% for a month atleast, so I'm happy with it atleast.
    Heroic Spine is the fight that will be affected the most. Reduced health on the tendons means less bursty DPS required so class stacking will slowly fade away for the fight.

The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Looking for Raid difficulty.
    Was gonna say there for a second LFR really doesn't need to be made easier. Hell if this debuff stacked to 30 you could probably just 5 man LFR

The nerf is pretty much right on time. With Blizz on their "we want everyone to see everything" kick they are putting out systematic and calculated nerfs after they feel the top 1% of guilds have had their glory for putting in lots of work to get world/us/region/server first kills. My guild is not big on gearing up fresh alts just for 1 fight so we have had a difficult time approaching heroic spine. People should have seen these nerfs coming, this is pretty much how Blizz will handle content difficulty adjustments/nerfs from now.

10+ Year Old Account

Rather have them catering to casuals than douchebags.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have ALL the statistics, they KNOW how many guilds are wiping on HC/normal each week, so its not blizzard you should be QQing at, they are only helping out those guilds who cannot quite get the bosses down, its got NOTHING to do with casuals seeing content, nothing at all, its about helping those who keep wiping, be able to complete

this is a game, so many people forget that, there are alot of people who play this -game-too, and alot of people, like myself want to be able to experience normal/HC content, but through-no-fault of my own, i cannot yet, i have a number of medical conditions that make some things hard, for instance i cannot keybind, and i have to click, probaly rather slowly compared to some people, so having those extra 0.5-1second delays where i cannot quite hit those buttons quick enough is enough to stop progression, i know an insanly vast amount of people who play this game, and the majority of them have some medical condition, and just because people have these issues, means we cannot play all the content? if it was a matter of in being lazy, then fair enough, but its not

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarts View Post
    Heroic Spine is the fight that will be affected the most. Reduced health on the tendons means less bursty DPS required so class stacking will slowly fade away for the fight.
    You mean there might actually be a kill without Prot Warrior?

Deleted
    So soon seem stupid. progression is not in blizzards vocab atm, Geif kills seems to be motto atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Anyone who argues this is a good thing are people who need this buff, so theres no point in arguing with them...

very sad this is happening.. thought LFR was to see content.. thought normal/hardmode was for real raiders.

I'm in a 6/8 heroic guild at the moment and I do believe this is a good thing to be honest (and i'd also like to think our guild aren't 'people who need this buff') The reason/s I think this is a good thing is because:

A) There are guilds out there hitting that brick wall in which they cannot progress for weeks. ( I realise that is how progression went previously, but lets not get into nostalgia, this is Cataclysm - not Burning Crusade, the times have changed!) This steady buff will help them along. If you don't like it, why do you still play?

B) If people are worried about 'lesser skilled' guilds reaching the same progress as them eventually, if it bothers you that badly you can always link achi and point out the fact you did it 'pre X% nerf'. You still get your e-peen and the status quo resumes between the 'realm elite' and 'casuals'.

I know some will attempt to argue my points and as long as its civilised, I'm willing to discuss thoughts. But for the people crying 'catering to the casuals' - you may not be a casual and have the ability to turn it off, do just that if you feel so strongly against it.