Page 1 of 2
LastLast

All Auction Houses are now Neutral!

DLing the minor patch right now. Amongst other things, Defiant and Guardian Auction Houses are linked; all wares show for both factions now. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

They're shared among factions, but what about shards?

great idea!!

edit: see Tarien :P

Quote Originally Posted by Runintowalls View Post
    great idea!!

edit: see Tarien :P
    Reported for spam posting with no meaningful contribution to thread!

OT: I think this is a great idea, it will balance economies everywhere, make supplies more plentiful and drive prices down. Also, lot's of faction related artifacts can now be bought more easily

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluger View Post
    They're shared among factions, but what about shards?
    Not at this time. This should help mostly for shard faction imbalance so a great idea and the nice thing is if it doesn't pan out Trion will be quick to revert it back. They are not blinded by pride and aren't afraid to test things out, adjust as required.

This is a pretty pro move. Now you could say it is low population and I am sure we will see that debate, but doesn't this actually indicate this mean they really believe they have RMT on lock down?

Honestly this will piss off some RP nerds, but overall this change is genius.

Pure: What is RMT?

And this was only a logical next step, seems as we have been able to create characters on both factions and trade between them some people have been using both auctions houses anyway, this just makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post

And this was only a logical next step, seems as we have been able to create characters on both factions and trade between them some people have been using both auctions houses anyway, this just makes it easier.
    The general MMO thinking is the reason why this has not been done in most main stream mmo's is one of two reasons:

1. RMT _ real money transaction makes it easyyyy to transfer money around and do illegal stuff :O
    2. It would piss off the rp'rs

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post

You can trade between your Guardian and Defiant characters? How is that done?

Sorry for the noob question, as I was away from the game for a bit and must have missed this!

i transferred shards recently to Greybriar where I found a great guild of players. I had very little in the way of plat, but made a quick fortune seeking and selling artifacts, with blues as high as 25p apiece. Sadly, that market might crash soon, but it'll be worth it with twice as much traffic in the AH. Prices should drop considerably, more variety will be available, and I'd be willing to bet players as a whole will prosper and level/gear up much faster than before.

You'll also find more people crafting rift lures, increasing the availability of planar dusts and rare goods like Black/White Dye since tradeskill lures reward you with Master Craftsman Marks.

So, in the short term, I'm thinking this will fight inflation, but I don't know how long (if at all) it will last.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post

Sorry for the noob question, as I was away from the game for a bit and must have missed this!
    A little while back Trion changed it so you could mail your alts, regardless of faction. It was unofficial cross-faction trading. The shared AH simply legitimized it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlad View Post

A little while back Trion changed it so you could mail your alts, regardless of faction. It was unofficial cross-faction trading. The shared AH simply legitimized it.
    pretty much this, and i approve

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post

It is just something they built into the game. The idea is not all that hard, but like I said there are two reasons you never see it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    But that's only same-server, right?
    That would beyond epic is they made is x-server. Could you see all the "zomg our auction house community has been ruined" threads. It would be too funny. Yes right now it is cross faction same server from the sound of it.

Yep, same server only right now. No real evidence points to a future X-shard, though I wouldn't put it past Trion. Even on empty servers, you should see a MAJOR improvement in AH goods, as crafters and gatherers have twice the client base now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean that I can move my lvl 50 Defiant to the same server as my new Guardian and transfer my plat to Guardian side? Or will I be unable to buy my own Auctions?

Deleted
    Hmmm I see a few benefits but I can find more negative things in this change...

I wish there were a way to have the recent threads list display only games I play, because I thought this referred to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerain View Post
    Does that mean that I can move my lvl 50 Defiant to the same server as my new Guardian and transfer my plat to Guardian side? Or will I be unable to buy my own Auctions?
    You can literally mail your gold to your opposite faction characters, no need to buy your own auctions.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    I wish there were a way to have the recent threads list display only games I play, because I thought this referred to WoW.
    Forum Filters? Bigish green button at the bottom of the newest threads?

Aaah, Thanks Foreverlad! that's pretty darn handy

I know multiple guildies who already run the auction houses across both factions on various shards on their huge team of alts. One of who owns the Burning Powerstone market on like 3 shards.
    I've done it a little bit, mainly when looking for rare artifacts.
    Cross-server auction house already exists even if you don't realise it.