Deleted

Quick question. Couldnt find out a good answer by googling. (RAM & Pagefile)

How large should my Pagefile be with 8GB of RAM..?
    Seems that windows automatically set it to 14gb now that i upgraded from 4gb of RAM..
    Isnt a 14000mb pagefile a little bit too big?

Deleted
    Back in the old days I believe it was supposed to be 1.5 times the size of your RAM, but with 8Gb, do you really need a pagefile? How often do you expect to fill that enormous void of memory?

There never really was a "supposed to be" number, it's based on how much memory you actually use. 14000MB is probably too big.

I had my pagefile turned off for the longest time, until I capped my 8GiB RAM while running three instances of EVE Online, World of Tanks, and my wife's WoW all at max details, so I turned on a 8 gig pagefile on my WD Black drive. It still almost never gets touched. Depending on how you use your computer, you might be able to not use a pagefile at all.

Also, if you have an SSD, turn off the pagefile on the SSD. If you need one, put it on a mechanical drive, unless you like eating your read/write cycles pretty darn fast.
    Super casual.

You probably don't need pagefile at all with 8GB of RAM, but for compatibility's sake I'd advice putting both minimum and maximum to 1024MB. That way you'll have a pagefile, but it wont get used much and it wont waste discspace.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Okay thanks. BTW. Thought of pairing my old 2x 2GB sticks of Kingston with my 8GB G-skill for...
    a big waste of 12GB RAM.

Same speed, latencies and voltage

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Okay thanks. BTW. Thought of pairing my old 2x 2GB sticks of Kingston with my 8GB G-skill for...
    a big waste of 12GB RAM.

Same speed, latencies and voltage
    Nothing wrong with that. Make sure you pair them correctly, and they will work together just fine. Some motherboards have pairs next to each other, some have pairs staggered. Most motherboards have DIMMS color coded, so that you can just put the pairs in the same color as each other and call it good.

Edit-even if they are different speeds, the faster ram just slows down to match the speed of the slower ram.