Cross-realm raids

Seriously, is there any need of this at ALL?

I can't for the life of me figure out how this is worth putting resources into as opposed to fixing several repeatedly-mentioned issues. Sometimes it just feels that they're trying to point our attention elsewhere. And yes, I'm aware of the fact that Blizzard have different people doing different things, but I think that the point still stands.

How many people do folks even have on their Real-id list that aren't already on the same realm?

I just can't imagine that enough people will use this feature on a regular basis to call it a success.

How many of you will use this feature?

I'm only looking for constructive posts and/or (other) arguments for and against here.

Also, please note that I'm happy for the people that will actually use this feature on a regular basis, and this post wasn't made to diss people that are absolutely for this feature, as some of you probably will probably believe.
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-01-31 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    All of my RealID friends play on a different server. This (and hopefully extending it to include current tier in the future) is the feature that I personally have been wanting for the longest time and would prefer development time being out into this over almost anything else.

I will personally use this feature almost every raid night besides tues. Once we clear DS on tues, thurs and mon can be used to do either fun, old content with some RL friends. Even FL would be more fun with some RL friends around, especially since there is a lack of interest in FL now adays.

Last year, when all my friends were neatly collected on one server, I would have agreed with you.

Now that we've scattered all over the place seeking better progression, better pvp, joining RL friend guilds - I'm looking forward to this. My RealID friends are all over the place.

Since my guild is trying to expand to 25 man, I think this will also be useful for running people through their paces (and letting them try us out) before having them pay for transfers. Running though FL would be a better get-to-know-you than some easy heroic dungeons.

I know what you mean, but personally, I will be making much use of this feature. I have toons on three different servers (transferring them all is too expensive at the moment), so with this feature, I won't really have to. I can now raid with my friends (of course, only when they're doing older content, which is fine).

Quote Originally Posted by LightOne View Post
    Since my guild is trying to expand to 25 man, I think this will also be useful for running people through their paces (and letting them try us out) before having them pay for transfers. Running though FL would be a better get-to-know-you than some easy heroic dungeons.
    This is kinda neat, I have to agree, and a nice use of the feature. I can imagine cross-realm applicants to various guilds will welcome this feature. Nowadays it's either A) based on the application itself, which should be telling but isn't in many cases, or B) pay up and migrate for a two-week trial which is a risk for sure, depending on your financial status, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Seriously, is there any need of this at ALL?

I can't for the life of me figure out how this is worth putting resources into as opposed to fixing several repeatedly-mentioned issues. Sometimes it just feels that they're trying to point our attention elsewhere. And yes, I'm aware of the fact that Blizzard have different people doing different things, but I think that the point still stands.

How many people do folks even have on their Real-id list that aren't already on the same realm?

I just can't imagine that enough people will use this feature on a regular basis to call it a success.

How many of you will use this feature?

I'm only looking for constructive posts and/or (other) arguments for and against here.

Also, please note that I'm happy for the people that will actually use this feature on a regular basis, and this post wasn't made to diss people that are absolutely for this feature, as some of you probably will probably believe.
    I dont know how long you played this game but I have been here since Vanilla. I have chars on 4 different EU servers. I have friends both from IRL and the game on these servers. I personaly love this. It actually means I can hook up with players I havent raid/pvp with in years.

I have a geared Mage on Terokkar to play with a hardcore guild to get my raid on, a geared Hunter on Emerald Dream to play with close friends and a few toons on Shandris to play with people from my old guild. I'm all over the place and thankfully, now it doesn't matter. If my friends on Shandris need a geared mage, I don't have to worry. I just sign on and off we go.

This is one of the best features Blizzard has ever implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    I dont know how long you played this game but I have been here since Vanilla. I have chars on 4 different EU servers. I have friends both from IRL and the game on these servers. I personaly love this. It actually means I can hook up with players I havent raid/pvp with in years.
    I get your point, but I don't see how long one has played the game has anything to do with it. A guy who started playing last month could have chars on 4 different EU servers, but like I said, I get your point.

I plan to use this feature and am extremely excited about it. Sorry if you don't have any friends to play with OP

I do, but I'm never going to raid with them. Does anyone know if this feature applies for Horde + Alliance real-id friends aswell? Like 5 hordes and 5 alliance raiding DS?

Deleted
    Crossrealm raids is one of the few features i actually looked forward to, xfered from realm i started at but everyone didnt not leave, been dyin to have some fun with em again

Now if only they'd allow RealID friends on different factions all capable of raiding together!

As a raid leader, I plan on using this feature a lot to test new x-realm applicants on Heroic Ragnaros.

this is actually quite a decent feature.. while i would like to point out its saying old raids for now... its still fun to run heroic bot or heroic firelands for some skill testing applicants and whatnot.. and i believe it also works for lfr too making it fun to help your friends get gear.. or jus to raid together.