Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Would you rather I roll over and say "O' please, bathe me with your swabs of slashes more, Mighty Ones. For it is you who are in the right, and I am in the wrong." Even with your countless degradable remarks towards me, I never really struck back at you. I just continued my reasoning.

No one has really come in this thread and countered that the logic applied to making it better to just farm instead of score. It really has boiled down to apparently either caring about the other team or not. I frankly do not care about the other team, because I'm not really hurting them. They signed up for a 15 minute game. I didn't force them to PvP, and it was their bad luck to get into the same game as my farming one. It'll be over in 10 minutes and they'll forget about it - get over it.

How do you come off saying people are "signing up for a 15 minute warzone". That argument is so completely irrelevant that it boggles my mind every time you use it. I dont sign up for time limits. Nobody does. They sign up for a warzone match whether it lasts 15 minutes or 15 seconds. The whole "well you signed up for 15 minutes, so me farming you for 12 of them should be ok by everyone" is such a garbage argument.

First off, is queue time. On BOTH sides, especially at 50. They're long. Do you honestly think that people getting farmed in a 5-0 match are going to stick around? They're not. Nobody wants to get farmed. And if your team is bad enough that you're down 5-0 that early into a match, then the odds are that you're going to get any sort of medals on the losing team is extremely low. Lottery low. So now you started a carousel of people leaving and joining for the next 10 minutes. People who sit in a queue for just as long as you now have had it their time wasted.

It's a gutterball busch league tactic, and nothing else. When someone is as selfish and ignorant as yourself, of course no logic on the other side is going to make any sense to you.

Farm a thousand times farm. Tho, not kills, just time. Wait as long as possible for max EXP and awards but don't rub it in the enemies face by repeatedly spawn camp killing them

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    First off, is queue time. On BOTH sides, especially at 50. They're long. Do you honestly think that people getting farmed in a 5-0 match are going to stick around? They're not. Nobody wants to get farmed. And if your team is bad enough that you're down 5-0 that early into a match, then the odds are that you're going to get any sort of medals on the losing team is extremely low. Lottery low. So now you started a carousel of people leaving and joining for the next 10 minutes. People who sit in a queue for just as long as you now have had it their time wasted.
    Longest queue time I ever had was just over 10 min, this was at around 5am on a weekday, sure your server might be different but doubt they are THAT long. I have won several games where your down 3-0 in the first 5 min, it's far from impossible and I never leave a full time WZ, win or lose, with less than 4 medals, mostly at 6-10.

People leaving isn't an argument, they should be punished for doing so as they are apart of the problem.

Only thing I don't support my self if spawn camping the opposition, I go down there pit with the ball and have a brawl there to give them a chance to res up and give a fight at least.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-01-21 at 07:59 AM.

I always farm. Usually with just 2 of us (Im a jugg and a healer inquis) we can tip the scales in our favor and do a quick 5-0, then begin farming. 90% of the time people listen, and we play a fun game of throw the ball to the enemy and then kill that enemy. I could do 13-14 medals before the heal yourself nerf, not its usually 10-12. Een if someone proved to me 6 capping fast and getting out was faster valor id still farm, because its fun as hell.

How do you come off saying people are "signing up for a 15 minute warzone". That argument is so completely irrelevant that it boggles my mind every time you use it. I dont sign up for time limits. Nobody does. They sign up for a warzone match whether it lasts 15 minutes or 15 seconds. The whole "well you signed up for 15 minutes, so me farming you for 12 of them should be ok by everyone" is such a garbage argument.

It's a gutterball busch league tactic, and nothing else. When someone is as selfish and ignorant as yourself, of course no logic on the other side is going to make any sense to you.
    Someone seems angry. You're the one who's not seeing logic here. If we follow logic purely, then scoring the 6th point would be a fallacy. Logic shows, and I've proved this in the Edit in the OP, that farming the players gives the most valor. You're the one who wants me to for some reason care for a team of players. Am I traumatizing them for the 10-12 minutes that the game has turned into a farm? Am I ruining their whole day? No.

They signed up for 15 minutes, and I can say it. Why? Because when you click "Queue" for the Warzone, the possibility that your game is a 15 second game is just as likely as the possibility that the game is a 15 minute game. So in the worst case scenario (or in my case the best case scenario, because I absolutely loathe short games) you are still signing yourself up for the possibility that you're going to get in a 15minute game.

What if it had been a Voidstar, and my team didn't let the losing team open any doors. Are you going to say that we're farming them? Are you going to say we should pity them? That we're wasting their time? Are you going to say that we started a "carousel" of people leaving just because we're not letting them bomb any doors? Because it's the same damn thing.

Get a grip, stop throwing out ad hominem attacks because your argument doesn't have any true logic applied to it. You want to blurt out "logic", when you're talking about emotions and empathy.

All is fair in love and war, and I do believe a "warzone" counts as war. You know - the name rather implies it.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-21 at 08:16 AM.

I don't mind farming them. As long as your letting them out of the Spawn point. I just don't get any enjoyment out of camping it. More fun tossing people into the traps and playing in the mid. At least you don't suck all the fun out of it for them that way.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I like getting the ball and seeing if I live until I explode.

PvP is no place for carebears.

The assumption you're making is the only reason to play is to maximize valor. I think a lot of people are more interested in a fun and competitive game and by farming them you're screwing them out of fun or rewards if they leave rather than be farmed or be a farmer. So you can be a dick to all those people on both teams who aren't concerned about maximizing valor and try to farm, or you can end the game and play a few more games some other time without upsetting anyone, which I would assume you would do anyway since you're implying that you pvp a lot (you wouldn't care about valor if you didn't pvp a lot).

Someone seems angry. You're the one who's not seeing logic here. If we follow logic purely, then scoring the 6th point would be a fallacy. Logic shows, and I've proved this in the Edit in the OP, that farming the players gives the most valor. You're the one who wants me to for some reason care for a team of players. Am I traumatizing them for the 10-12 minutes that the game has turned into a farm? Am I ruining their whole day? No.

They signed up for 15 minutes, and I can say it. Why? Because when you click "Queue" for the Warzone, the possibility that your game is a 15 second game is just as likely as the possibility that the game is a 15 minute game. So in the worst case scenario (or in my case the best case scenario, because I absolutely loathe short games) you are still signing yourself up for the possibility that you're going to get in a 15minute game.

What if it had been a Voidstar, and my team didn't let the losing team open any doors. Are you going to say that we're farming them? Are you going to say we should pity them? That we're wasting their time? Are you going to say that we started a "carousel" of people leaving just because we're not letting them bomb any doors? Because it's the same damn thing.

Get a grip, stop throwing out ad hominem attacks because your argument doesn't have any true logic applied to it. You want to blurt out "logic", when you're talking about emotions and empathy.

All is fair in love and war, and I do believe a "warzone" counts as war. You know - the name rather implies it.
    Answer me this then, how long do you have in between queues that you just HAVE to drag out every single match you can?

Answer me this then, how long do you have in between queues that you just HAVE to drag out every single match you can?
    About 10 minutes, since I don't play prime time much. Long games are also fun for me, it's not merely about dragging it out for the sake of dragging it out. I don't see why people who queue up for PvP wouldn't want to PvP longer (by this, I mean people on the same team as me).

10+ Year Old Account
    About 10 minutes, since I don't play prime time much. Long games are also fun for me, it's not merely about dragging it out for the sake of dragging it out. I don't see why people who queue up for PvP wouldn't want to PvP longer (by this, I mean people on the same team as me).
    Do you play Republic? I pug (Empire) and get instant queues. Premades are from 3-10 minutes. The queue system doesn't seem to be bugged. There have been times where I've waited 15 minutes, but if I left and immediately rejoined the queue I got and instant pop.

I don't see why people who queue up for PvP wouldn't want to PvP longer (by this, I mean people on the same team as me).
    Because while it's technically pvp in that you're killing another player, it's not exactly compelling or challenging having 8 people stand around demolishing the few on the other team that happen to come into range and is simply wasting the time of people who do want more interesting pvp.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere.

When asked about your queue time:
    On how important valor:time ratio is.
    You call us kids because we like to get 600 more valor? I call you someone who doesn't know how to maximize your valor:time ratio. Especially when the rankings go up in the several dozen thousands in the 50s, you want to do every little thing to squeeze out your valor.
    and
    Once we're in the warzone, I really don't care if you're a guildie or not, I don't care if you're an Imp or a Republic. Those things are meaningless to me, because Warzones are about (to me) farming Valor, and having fun while doing it. You were not put in the Warzone by accident - you q'd up and you chose to enter. If you have a problem with it and if it hurts you so much, you can always leave, but honestly you're just denying yourself the 1k valor you could have gotten even if you lost.
    So valor:hour ratio is a big deal to you. To the point you'll farm a helpless team for 10 minutes. Sure, they get a little valor too while getting farmed so it's perfectly alright. Everyone wins (but you win more). And now you say you have a 10 minute average in between matches. So by your same logic, you spend that 10 minutes on Ilum grinding out whatever valor you can, while while essentially being farmed yourself, right? Right?

But wait, you don't. Because when asked about Ilum you say:
    Yes please fix the faction imbalance and I'd love to go to the 5fps cess pool map. By the way, I don't queue in premades. I'm as much as a pug as everyone else is.
    So farming another team in Warzones for 10 minutes is perfectly alright when you're doing it. But yet getting farmed yourself in between warzones on Ilum is not alright, you said yourself you dont even go there. And no matter how little valor you may get in those 10 minutes, anything is better than nothing right? See the hypocrisy there?

Now I'm sure you'll try to spin it around and say I took your quotes of out of context or I wasn't getting what you were saying. Or some excuse about Ilum being a joke. But I think I got the drift just fine.

I'm not even going to bother to read that Gladiator, honestly. You've called me selfish and ignorant, and it's obvious you have quite the negative opinion about me. I play the game the way I choose to, and facts show that I am more efficient by doing this. My play time is not unlimited.

So I'm glad you're trying to argue with logic (and yet logic supports my argument), but I've grown tired of this thread. I'm signing out, to make people like you upset in Huttball. Because honestly, after this thread, I may be doing it with malicious intents now, knowing that people like you - who just deny and deny over and over again the efficiency of farming, by calling me sadistic by killing players in a video game - may be on the other side. Lol.

I'm not even going to bother to read that Gladiator, honestly. You've called me selfish and ignorant, and it's obvious you have quite the negative opinion about me. I play the game the way I choose to, and facts show that I am more efficient by doing this. My play time is not unlimited.

So I'm glad you're trying to argue with logic (and yet logic supports my argument), but I've grown tired of this thread. I'm signing out, to make people like you upset in Huttball. Because honestly, after this thread, I may be doing it with malicious intents now, knowing that people like you - who just deny and deny over and over again the efficiency of farming, by calling me sadistic by killing players in a video game - may be on the other side. Lol.
    I highly doubt you failed to read it.

Oh I gave it a quick glance. Quick enough to know to say - use your brain. There's a big difference between getting farmed at Ilum for in a 5:1 server and a Warzone that's 8v8.

Can't even bother with you anymore, your arguments are not well thought out and are just being put out because you have nothing else to say. Stop scraping the bottom of your ill-conceived thought pot.

Deleted
    dude, vizzle, what the hell?

you're usually cool and collected but you look like an ignorant troll in here, no offense. i've seen infractions for much less.

if you're talking "logic" then you can suggest a farm, and people can farm alongside you but if anyone chooses to score the 6th ball that's cool too because they're paying to play their own way just like you and everybody else.

NVM dont feel like gettin banned again...

Quote Originally Posted by fuseku View Post
    dude, vizzle, what the hell?

you're usually cool and collected but you look like an ignorant troll in here, no offense. i've seen infractions for much less.

if you're talking "logic" then you can suggest a farm, and people can farm alongside you but if anyone chooses to score the 6th ball that's cool too because they're paying to play their own way just like you and everybody else.
    The ignorant troll is the one who can't understand applied logic and stiff technicalities, such as people who scream "EXPLOIT" at the slightest mishap. I'm not arguing that people can't score the 6th ball if they want, but I'm proving with this thread that it's more efficient to not score it.

I've said nothing infraction worthy - although the opposition has been rather loose I would say. Unless calling myself a dick is an infraction