Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

You guys have to realize it doesn't even matter if you win or lose farming medals is the entire point.

This thread is a shining example of the amazing community swtor has
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-01-21 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    you're not proving anything, you're just saying numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by fuseku View Post
    you're not proving anything, you're just saying numbers.
    >You're not proving anything
    >You're just saying numbers
    >Numbers = proving

"A: I wonder how quickly it would take a car to get from point A to point B at 130km/h if the distance is 200km."
    "B: Well all you have to do is multiply -"
    "A: STOP SAYING NUMBERS"

/facepalm

That made me laugh. How else do you want me to theoretically prove it? With my feelings?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    >You're not proving anything
    >You're just saying numbers
    >Numbers = proving
    pi is equal to exactly 6.

Oh I gave it a quick glance. Quick enough to know to say - use your brain. There's a big difference between getting farmed at Ilum for in a 5:1 server and a Warzone that's 8v8.

Can't even bother with you anymore, your arguments are not well thought out and are just being put out because you have nothing else to say. Stop scraping the bottom of your ill-conceived thought pot.
    So you're saying that a team that is bad enough to be down in hutball 5-0 in 3 minutes has a better chance of scoring valor than a person fighting big odds on Ilum? I'd definitely disagree with that, and I'm sure many others would too. I'm a Republic player as well and while Ilum sucks because I die alot, Imperials do die from time to time.

Once a Huttball match turns into "farm time". It's not 8v8. It's more like 8v2, with the rest of the people not leaving the starting area, afking, or stealthing into a corner to hide.

And even if I put that argument aside, isn't getting the maximum valor:hour important? Regardless of how bad you're getting farmed, as long as you get at least some valor, your precious ratio has went up. Or next are you going to make the argument that Imperials don't even die there.

pi is equal to exactly 6.
    Please, let it go. You said something laughable, no need to save face.

Deleted
    let what go? i just proved with numbers that pi is 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    So you're saying that a team that is bad enough to be down in hutball 5-0 in 3 minutes has a better chance of scoring valor than a person fighting big odds on Ilum? I'd definitely disagree with that, and I'm sure many others would too. I'm a Republic player as well and while Ilum sucks because I die alot, Imperials do die from time to time.

Once a Huttball match turns into "farm time". It's not 8v8. It's more like 8v2, with the rest of the people not leaving the starting area, afking, or stealthing into a corner to hide.

And even if I put that argument aside, isn't getting the maximum valor:hour important? Regardless of how bad you're getting farmed, as long as you get at least some valor, your precious ratio has went up. Or next are you going to make the argument that Imperials don't even die there.
    I've actually been in Ilum for the last hour. Can put some screenshots if you want to see.

http://i.imgur.com/ejjY4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/0dgaZ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/n5F5p.jpg <-- In this screenshot I say "Hi Gladiator"

I know you won't believe me, and I have no way of proving it to you, but I've made about 1500 valor in the hour I've been here. Until Bioware fixes this zone to make it playable for the lower faction, warzones are faster for me.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 05:48 PM ----------

let what go? i just proved with numbers that pi is 6
    Childish provocation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming a team in a Warzone is no different then having your faction farmed at their base in Ilum.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Farming a team in a Warzone is no different then having your faction farmed at their base in Ilum.
    LOL. Okay. If you can't see the difference, then you must have your eyes closed.

Deleted
    you have to fight fire with fire. sorry.

anyway, at the end of the day you're supporting beating down helpless opponents. if that's fun for you i would suggest seeking medical help, game or not it's quite sadistic when you look at it that way isn't it.

anyway, your thread has a foul stench because of your inability debate properly and instead assume the "i'm better than everyone" (again: seek medical help) attitude.

worst thread i've ever seen in the SW forums and i'm out, have a nice day everyone

*edit

just had to add that in your opening post you are welcoming opinions but when people give them you treat them as dogs. really, see someone man, i've had a lot of patients just like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not on the losing side. The fact that you cannot empathize with those who are on the other team leads me to question your thought process. If you cannot see it is a broken system, then I don't know what to say.

Letting the game progress for the sake of "farming valor" is a broken system.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    You're not on the losing side. The fact that you cannot empathize with those who are on the other team leads me to question your thought process. If you cannot see it is a broken system, then I don't know what to say.

Letting the game progress for the sake of "farming valor" is a broken system.
    You want to compare a server with a 5:1 or something like that ratio with an 8v8 warzone, and say it's the same thing. Okay. Republic is lost from the start in Ilum. Both teams start off equally in warzones.

Deleted
    Playing the game in a way that it allows is not a dick move. Myself and my premade team always play to win, and couldn't make ourselves mess around and not score given the chance. More or less valor means nothing compared to victory, the greater the better!

LOL. Okay. If you can't see the difference, then you must have your eyes closed.
    Actually, there is no diffirence.

In both cases everyone joins voluntariliy.
    In both cases one side gets camped by a team that completely dominates them.
    In both cases the camping team gets more Valor for doing the camping so tehy are motivated to do it.
    In both cases the camped are free to leave.

The ONLY diffirence is that camping in Ilum is generally based on superior numbers, and camping in Huttball is generally based on superior gear. So, why dont you go ahead then and tell everyone here why it is so much diffirent?

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Actually, there is no diffirence.

In both cases everyone joins voluntariliy.
    In both cases one side gets camped by a team that completely dominates them.
    In both cases the camping team gets more Valor for doing the camping so tehy are motivated to do it.
    In both cases the camped are free to leave.

The ONLY diffirence is that camping in Ilum is generally based on superior numbers, and camping in Huttball is generally based on superior gear. So, why dont you go ahead then and tell everyone here why it is so much diffirent?
    I think you said it yourself buddy-boy. Whether the difference is skill-based or gear-based (it's usually both), that does not mean there is no difference.

This is requiring a perfect set up. Learn to add real-life probabilities.

*This requires that queue is instant, and that there is no 2 minute wait time before the game
    *This requires that you get into Huttball two times in a row, which isn't likely as Republic
    *This requires that both games are completely dominated, which again isn't very likely

If all those requirements are met, only then is it faster to cap the 6th point. But in reality - those requirements are not met.
    Listen you do it, that's fine it isn't against any rules. It doesn't mean you are not a bad sportsman though. You are allowed to be that way, but don't try to act like it isn't poor sportsmanship. I completely understand that that concept has been lost on today's gamers. Enjoy your point maximization, just don't rage when you are on the other side.
    "Peace is a lie"

I think you said it yourself buddy-boy. Whether the difference is skill-based or gear-based (it's usually both), that does not mean there is no difference.
    So its okay to camp and farm people if this advantage is from superior gear and coordinated tactics. But if its from greater numbers it should be fixed?
    It boils down to the same thing, one team dominates another for whatever reason, and camps the other team mercilessly for their own benefits. Whatever may cause this advantage is irrelevant as number advantage also applies to Warzone and gear/tactics apply to Ilum.

Camping in Ilum is no better and no worst then camping in warzones.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-01-21 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    So its okay to camp and farm people if this advantage is from superior gear and coordinated tactics. But if its from greater numbers it should be fixed?
    It boils down to the same thing, one team dominates another for whatever reason, and camps the other team mercilessly for their own benefits. Whatever may cause this advantage is irrelevant as number advantage also applies to Warzone and gear/tactics apply to Ilum.

Camping in Ilum is no better and no worst then camping in warzones.
    I could sit and argue here all day, but this will be my final post in this thread.

It's not the same, because the lower faction has no chance at all in Ilum. You however have the chance to get in both a good and a bad team in a Warzone.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those who says farm often if I dominate in PvP, no matter the game. But there's always that one person who refuses and will cap/score behind your team's back just to hurry up and get out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)