Deleted

Imp Agent Operative. Need Advice please.

''Imperial Agent : Operative''.
    I don't play one, but i am looking for anyone who can give me some Advice on this. My best mate plays one and i know he is Not enjoying it. New he should of choose 'Sniper' he like me have always played wow as certain types of class's we enjoy. He loves Ranged-Dps and healer. He does not want to play as a healer on swtor that i can understand. Done it all the times on wow. Very early on in Swtor we started this on day1 of early access. What we did not realise that Operative is not so much Ranged! but more Melee, he hates it! Does not want to play a Rogue-Stealthy-melee character.
    What i want to know is Can a person play the Operative as a RANGED dps? and is there anyone that can direct me to locate a ranged-operative dps talent tree. so i can then give it to him to use.As i really don't see him playing swtor as he is loosing interest in the operative and he feels sick about starting all over again. Anyone know a good site i can find a Spec/Talent Tree for a Imperial Agent, Ranged Dps. Otherwise i really don't know what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to when you can nearly stun 3 shot everything even in pvp. Apart from that might be more a reroll option merc, sniper and sorc are the range archetypes

Before you pick the operative the quest giver says, as well as your codex, "Would you like to shoot from a distance or learn the arts of melee and attacking at short range".

Did he space bar through that? Because it was fairly obvious what the choice was and he just didn't read it.

Deleted
    he is not interested in PVP. were only after Op /FP Content. i play merc Ranged dps. and as i have said to start again? is not the option he is looking for.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 12:51 AM ----------

i will speak to him later and ask him that.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 12:53 AM ----------

I wish this game had a DUEL SPEC option! like wow does. That would Solve everything.

They might do a dual spec, but not an advanced class. That defeats the purpose. Your advanced class is a class. Not the 4 the game starts out with.

From the codex entry that unlocks at lvl 10 before you make your decision:
    Operative:
    "Whether emerging from stealth to ambush and eliminate enemies in close range combat.."
    "All operatives learn how to move stealthily-sneaking past or surprising enemies- and various close quarters fighting techniques that do damage at short range.."

It couldn't have been more clear than that...

well an operative is a melee or healer class

so, i guess he didnt look at the talents or listen to what the AC selection quest was telling him before he picked it

no, an operative cant be played as a pure ranged. some abilities have range, but you'd be terrible dps

He is out of luck if he wants to play as a ranged dps. For the empire he needs to play a Mercenary, Sorcerer, or a Sniper.

That's the equivalent of a bow / gun / thrown weapon rogue. It's not viable. And in terms of "starting over", I'd be excited to get to experience a new class' storyline.

what i dont understand is how come your friend lvl all the way to 50(assuming he is 50 and thats why he does not want to reroll) and not figured out that operative is a melee class and does not range?

im loving my operative but im also a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by vendeatha View Post
    I wish this game had a DUEL Dual SPEC option! like wow does. That would Solve everything.
    Not really, this case would still exist because dual specc would probably only exist in the same way respeccing currently works: Changing talent trees within the same AC only.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reroll is your only option.

Unfort for him, he shouldve been reading.... The ONLY option is to reroll... but it terms of fun FOR ME. I like Sorc, Sniper, Merc