Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The best way to farm HK's for 100,000 achieve

Hey folks. I've had the same main since Vanilla WoW, and throughout the time I've gathered somewhere around 53k or 54k HK's. For all of you people that have 100,000 (Or, in some of your cases, 250,000) what would you say is the best way to farm them? For example, if I were to spam queue for a battleground for the sheer purpose of farming HK's, what would you queue for?

I'd imagine doing Tol Barad during peak hours is a pretty good way. I'd also imagine that doing the 40 man battlegrounds would be an awful idea, as the two factions are generally on separate sides. Warsong seems like a decent idea, though.

Any tips? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eye of the Storm might serve your purposes well. Considering that both factions generally damn the objective and just go have a massive brawl around the flag.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

AV turtles are nice

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always Q for TB is the best I'll give you =)

I'd suggest you form a pre-made with guildys/friends/trade and AoE the graveyard in warsong, and then send one or two players around to map to kill off escapees. Solo however? EotS as mentioned is a good choice, isle of conquest isnt bad either, AV turtles are the best but are pretty rare.

Great suggestions. Thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also kill lowbies in MH (if you play on pvp server)--easy hks and it goes fast. It depends on server ratio.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    AV used to be great for this, but is more PvE then anything these days.
    EotS is great, AB & WSG are good too & also lead to the title/tabards
    Lol Borad is huge killfest.

You could always ask someone on other side of server to get all in main city to lie down & die

AV used to be really nice for this.

TB is best imo, els call to arms in the weekend. Then u have no wait time at all, and then always be where the action is

strand of the ancients with a team.
    hope you defend first, farm them 8 minutes at the graveyard and leave battle with 100+ HK´s.
    thats what worked for me, tho i had a team.

Eye of the Storm, farm middle. You get all credit for kills at all the bases. Tried it on my lol geared druid, just stealthed in the middle, blew ppl over the edge and ended with most hks.

Going for this too, and I found TP to be a good place if you hang out near the bridge. Currently chain running AB though for Defilers rep for conqueror (been exalted with wsg and av since classic and just never got round to ab :/ )

Another good way if your ranged is to go into IoC and get hanger, then parachute down ontop of their base and fire down on their gy. A few ranged doing this and it's easy farming. Equally getting a glaive or seige and camping their gy works well too.

Deleted
    Premade random bg's with some friends/guildies
    and yep, tol-barad

Deleted
    AV GY camping, get a premade and ask anyone in the BG to join, you'll be surprised how many will.

Just curious what people would consider a moderate and hardcore HK grind per day? (obviously normalized over both weekdays and weekends) In my opinion it would be something like:
    Moderate: <500
    Hardcore: >500

For a frame of reference, A full 20 minute Strand game will net you around 50-60 HKs.

Of course on a Saturday it's possible to grind 1,500-2,000 HKs over 10+ hours, especially if you get lucky with some AV turtles.

I farmed 100k back in wrath well atleast 85% of them. This was when I was horde. We would just wipe alliance at Galv with a few people and cause a turtle. I was also Elemental for this, didn't play enhance (die to often on the front line). We won most games, I would just blow people up with heroic ICC elemental gear. Got 200 hk's a game average. Highest I ever got was around 300. We didn't cap towers we just won via resources from alliance deaths.

So as Alliance, whats the best way to force an AV turtle?

Deleted
    Nub question eh eh, Whats a "turtle"? >.< And i ofcourse dont mean the awesome animal. I mean in the referance you're using it in, from logical thinking i would say it's when the teams just fight in the middle basicly? Am i right?

If you just want to leech and do fuck all AB and Eots is best in my opinion, or thats what I am doing and I get somewhere between 40-120 HKs per BG.