Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Next-gen Xbox to launch October/November 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/24/re...013-with-this/

With these specs, the next Xbox will have six times the processing power of the Xbox 360 and is expected to support performance 20 percent greater than Nintendo's Wii U, which is using the R770, a chip that is competitively stronger than the GPUs of both the Xbox 360 and PS3.
    Before you spazz about the source joystiq is very reliable. Moreso than kotaku imo.

Mod edit: THIS IS STILL RUMOR AT THIS POINT SO STOP FREAKING OUT LIKE IT'S 100% CONFIRMED.

No its not, no where did it say rumor.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2012-01-27 at 05:04 PM.

Very excited about this even though its gonna be a while before it arrives. I just hope this launch goes better then the past. Gonna buy it day 1

ill save my judgement for e3. i want to know if this "next gen-console" is just another xbox with better graphics or if it will try to do anything new or innovative. though i might just cop out if halo 5 looks awesome enough. llol

Maybe they'll smarten up and (finally) allow full keyboard / mouse support.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Hope not. If I want to use keyboard/mouse I will setup my computer next to my TV and do it that way. Xbox/MS has a huge FPS market, and enabling keyboard/mouse controls would give a large advantage to the people who use them.

Anyway, its apparently going to be '6 times!!!!!one!' as powerful as the current gen stuff, but we will see how it works.

I hope not considering its a console, u want keyboard mouse go PC.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-xb...report-6349105

According to Fudzilla's sources, the Next Xbox's chip is a joint venture between IBM and Global Foundries, and it bears the code name Oban. The report goes on to note that the Next Xbox will have a PowerPC CPU that is integrated with an ATI Southern Islands graphics processor. The GPU is reportedly a modification of ATI's 7000 series cards.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Every fps player will need to get it or get stomped.

Loved the Xbox, love my 360... definitely getting this when it's out

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Loved the Xbox, love my 360... definitely getting this when it's out
    I totally agree

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about the 360 but there is a gadget for PS3 that allows you to use mouse and keyboard for it

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, that'll mean Halo 5 will be a launch game for the Xbox. I knew it'd at least be announced this year, but eesh that's a huge gap for it getting released. Hope it's great, better have backwards capability on at least all the 360 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Yup, that'll mean Halo 5 will be a launch game for the Xbox. I knew it'd at least be announced this year, but eesh that's a huge gap for it getting released. Hope it's great, better have backwards capability on at least all the 360 games.
    I doubt halo 5 will be considering halo 4 is coming out a year before hand, halo games ussually have a halflife of 2 years.

Besides, IF halo 4 doesnt fix the problems Reach and 3 introduced then halo series will pretty much Die. MLG has said it and pretty much every community for halo has agreed.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol it's going to launch in a year and a half and have the graphics power of 6 months ago? don't get me wrong, i love my xbox, but that's a bit sad...your graphic power shouldn't be two years old when your console launches
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    lol it's going to launch in a year and a half and have the graphics power of 6 months ago? don't get me wrong, i love my xbox, but that's a bit sad...your graphic power shouldn't be two years old when your console launches
    what your describing to me is every console that's been released in the last 15 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox is just a computer for dumb people.

I'm dead serious.

They should just focus on making computers less expensive and more cost-effective, and tell game developers to stop developing eye-candy games with shit gameplay and terribly optimized graphic/physic engines made for spoiled inept rich kids.

John Carmack, you're gaming's only hope.

Not necessary. Please don't insult people for preferring one platform to another. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-25 at 07:00 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Xbox is just a computer for dumb people.

I'm dead serious.

They should just focus on making computers less expensive and more cost-effective, and tell game developers to stop developing eye-candy games with shit gameplay and terribly optimized graphic/physic engines made for spoiled inept rich kids.

John Carmack, you're gaming's only hope.
    well, luckily your wrong : D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaum View Post
    well, luckily your wrong : D
    Wrong about what? You want me to show you the pie chart?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Wrong about what? You want me to show you the pie chart?
    wrong in just about all your opinions really

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that....... the ones using keyboard and mouse would completely destroy those that are using the controller in fps games and I doubt the Xbox team wants to hear the endless crying that would come out of it.

On topic.
    Seriously....... comes out in a year and a half and is not even as powerful as my current Pc? SIGH.
    These "next-gen" consoles better up the graphic level of games to at least 2 levels/tiers and at least have a drive that fits bigger games on them (blue ray or something newer).
    Guess I won´t need to upgrade this Pc anytime soon after the new Xbox comes out.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.