Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoww View Post
    Well yeah, traffic is always tricky and you can never be 100% sure of what someone will do. It was a very bussy road and my intention was, ok I have time to move on and the one behind me should have noticed the pedestrian already and he can have the time to stop for the pedestrian in stead of me stopping aggressive. Can you see my perspective of the situation? I know it's somewhat against the rules, but it surely didn't happen because I didn't noticed him, I just thought I'd do good.

At the end, a pedestrian shouldn't think he can do whatever he want right? He should be watching out as much as we do. Ofcourse I ride the car and there's the mistake from my side. But still it didn't interupted the traffic. And that's how it goes in the real world in my opinion.
    Didnt they teach you rule one in driving: it doesnt matter a flying fuck whats going on behind you. You are not the driver of the vehicle behind you, do not make stupid assumptions about him/her.

Then rule 2 is: pedestrians that are crossing the road, or showing intention of crossing over, have right of passage.

Terecht gefaalt mijn beste.

My suggestion is consider taking a driving test at a location with a closed course. The open road version often allow for unforseen events to tip your chances of passing into the fail region as opposed to the pass. Be sure also when you do take the course that you use a small vehicle. One friend I know took the course with a suv but because he couldnt see in certain blind spots the examiner failed him.

Helo guys, earlier this week I tried to pass my driving test. And I failed it. However I can't really agree 100% with the reason the guy gave me...

So the exam started and this guy said the usual official stuff such as "yeah you keep yourself on the speed limits, if you happen to come into a situation you handle it yourself and I will tell you in time where to go." then we started driving and everything went very good, I drove a little bit slower then the limits because it was a rainy day. And yeah you know the usual played stuff on an exam.
    But during the test there was a pedestrian who wanted to cross the road where cars have to stop for them but the pedestrian was still miles away and I thought I had time enough to pass it before the pedestrian would reach my position.

Then when the exam was done the guy said "yeah you're not passed, you should have stopped for the pedestrian and therefore I cannot give you your license.
    Ofcourse at that time I didn't wanted to make any troubles and I thanked him for his time to drive with me and stuff, always be polite to those people and stuff...

Though I don't really agree with his decision because such things happen every 5 minutes on the road and no one gives a real shit about pedestrians who try to cross a bussy road. And if all the other stuff on the exam was good, why would he let me fail for such a minority? What do you think, is the examinator right to not give me my license or should he have forgotten about it and still give it to me.

Please answer constructively, I'm not gonna nerdrage or go into a fight if you think he was right. I already accepted the failure and I will just go again in a few weeks but still. I keep getting upset about the one damn pedestrian.
    Cold comfort when you hit someone.

thanks. I can understand your reaction and your opinion about it. Though you're talking to me like I'm a criminal already. /not appreciated. I would have stopped if the pedestrian was already on the other 2 lanes.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 06:59 PM ----------

what didn't you think was possible?
    not talking to you like a criminal. just the reality of your actions if you hit someone. sorry im blunt but ive lost family to actions such as yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    not talking to you like a criminal. just the reality of your actions if you hit someone. sorry im blunt but ive lost family to actions such as yours.
    Then I respect your comment 100%, sorry if it brought up emotions that you'd rather not have. I only try to have a constructive discussion here about the failure I had.

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    You shoudl haev fuckign raged at him and fucking knock him in his head thats what i did fucking let me fil for 1 misstake fuck that i fucking kill him if i wanted
    This man should never be allowed within 10 miles of a license. It's people with this attitude that make life terrible for everyone else on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Mine was 100 dollars flat, and I didn't have to take the written because I had a permit.
    Lucky you. here they go for 800 euro.

OT: you should have let the pedestrian pass, sorry.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    You failed due to a pedestrian field. You are ALWAYS supposed to stop there, even if the pedestrian is far away. And usually the time difference should be about 3 seconds before the pedestrian actually would've entered the field itself, which means about a couple meters. During a test like this, you're supposed to play along with the rules. Do not think how you would've done it in a real thing, just follow the rules. Remember it for the next time. Just stop. It's a more positive thing to play defensive and argue later for why you drove the way you did, than doing something wrong. If the pedestrian field is ill situated (corners etc. close by for instance), is a point where you should be driving slower, able to stop within the field you can see. So. Just stop next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    You failed due to a pedestrian field. You are ALWAYS supposed to stop there, even if the pedestrian is far away. And usually the time difference should be about 3 seconds before the pedestrian actually would've entered the field itself, which means about a couple meters. During a test like this, you're supposed to play along with the rules. Do not think how you would've done it in a real thing, just follow the rules. Remember it for the next time. Just stop. It's a more positive thing to play defensive and argue later for why you drove the way you did, than doing something wrong. If the pedestrian field is ill situated (corners etc. close by for instance), is a point where you should be driving slower, able to stop within the field you can see. So. Just stop next time.
    I surely will stop for the most dumb thing next time for sure

Don't take ANY chances during a test no matter what. Do every little tiny thing by the book just to be sure.

I surely will stop for the most dumb thing next time for sure
    Feels like someone could use attitude check.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

On topic: Sorry that happend to you.

Never play the "oh but theres enough time for me" card during driving exams. They will cost you your license.

Good luck next time and remember to calculate everything beforehand during the exam! There is a pedestrian? Stop for him. The instructor is not going to fail you because you stopped 3 or 4 seconds too early. But the moment the pedestrian needs to stop to let you pass... good bye you failed.

Also, reading through your posts here I get the feeling that you should rethink your attitude towards driving in general.

such things happen every 5 minutes on the road and no one gives a real shit about pedestrians who try to cross a bussy road.
    Really? Thats your excuse? I hate it when I see people waiting at a crossing because nobody gives a shit. I will rather stop the entire traffic to let somebody pass. Do you know why? Because it's freaking dangerous to think that a pedestrian will always give you the right of way. Imagine him jumpin into the street because, you know, he's actually in the right to do so. You, being still too fast, have no chance of stopping fast enough and congratulations, you just killed your first pedestrian. Great acm. Bubba will like you
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-01-21 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But during the test there was a pedestrian who wanted to cross the road where cars have to stop for them but the pedestrian was still miles away
    I can't imagine how many times you had to take the test to get your learner's permit if you can't comprehend the meaning of "Pedestrians have the right away".

Driving is a privilege and a responsibility, you should not be behind the wheel of a car if you cannot accept that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Never play the "oh but theres enough time for me" card during driving exams. They will cost you your license.

Good luck next time and remember to calculate everything beforehand during the exam! There is a pedestrian? Stop for him. The instructor is not going to fail you because you stopped 3 or 4 seconds too early. But the moment the pedestrian needs to stop to let you pass... good bye you failed.

Also, reading through your posts here I get the feeling that you should rethink your attitude towards driving in general.

Really? Thats your excuse? I hate it when I see people waiting at a crossing because nobody gives a shit. I will rather stop the entire traffic to let somebody pass. Do you know why? Because it's freaking dangerous to think that a pedestrian will always give you the right of way. Imagine him jumpin into the street because, you know, he's actually in the right to do so. You, being still too fast, have no chance of stopping fast enough and congratulations, you just killed your first pedestrian. Great acm. Bubba will like you
    The thing is, I can't count the numbers of times anymore that I had to wait in the middle of a crosspath before someone stops... It makes me a little angry that I fail for it while I stooth there so many times on the pedestrian spot for people who have their license.

But yeh I know I failed for a reason. And I know the reason was fully understandable, it was just that everything went so well apart from that.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I can't imagine how many times you had to take the test to get your learner's permit if you can't comprehend the meaning of "Pedestrians have the right away".

Driving is a privilege and a responsibility, you should not be behind the wheel of a car if you cannot accept that.
    had to do it twice.
    1st time 38/50 , 2nd time 43/50 (that's how they graduate here for theoretical tests for the learner's permit)

.... without studying!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I hate it when I see people waiting at a crossing because nobody gives a shit. I will rather stop the entire traffic to let somebody pass.
    Yeah.

Also, as a motorcyclist AND pedestrian I know exactly how annoying it is when drivers think that they don't have to stop and let you pass - which unfortunately happens quite often.
    Sometimes I'm tempted to just jump into the street and say "Oh hai, you'd have to stop anyway!".

Deleted
    Look at it like this: If you see that a pedestrian has the intention of crossing, you stop. In your case he couldn't have been "miles away" because you knew he was trying to cross.

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    1 small misstake shouldn't make you fail, its just realy BS why can't they do like 5 misstakes and you failed..

one mistake is more than enough, people can get their drivers lisencse way too easily for how little they actually pay attention. People need to understand when they are in that car if something goes wrong death for yourself or a 3rd party isn't that scarce. I know a lot of people my age, that are terrible drivers and they just do not pay attention well doing so. It's kinda like standing in fire in a raid, they just have terrible situational awareness. If you're to be allowed on the road don't fuck around, cause it's not just your life you're hold potentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    one mistake is more than enough, people can get their drivers lisencse way too easily for how little they actually pay attention. People need to understand when they are in that car if something goes wrong death for yourself or a 3rd party isn't that scarce. I know a lot of people my age, that are terrible drivers and they just do not pay attention well doing so. It's kinda like standing in fire in a raid, they just have terrible situational awareness. If you're to be allowed on the road don't fuck around, cause it's not just your life you're hold potentially.
    The problem I have isn't really that one mistake is make or break in getting your license. It's the fact that after you have your license, you can do whatever you damn please. I'm absolutely positive that if my parents would do their exam with how they drive now, they'd both fail it big time. When I'm driving around practicing, I get annoyed at all the mistakes people constantly make. Because when I make it, it costs me my license and quite some money because of that.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Pretty sure the OP is seeing that most folks on here and in general aren't going to side with them on this matter. A lot of people know someone that has been in an accident caused by some newly licensced driver thinking they know better or the rules don't apply to them.