Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in Peace JoePa, you are a legend.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    serves him right after having sex with all those children

And so swings the banhammer. Keep on topic.
    horrible thing to say about such a good man, this statement obviously portrays your ignorance to the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Rest in Peace JoePa, you are a legend.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 05:01 PM ----------

horrible thing to say about such a good man, this statement obviously portrays your ignorance to the subject.
    Yes, he was very good to go along with covering up the fact Sandusky was raping and sodomizing children in the Penn State locker rooms, and never reporting it the actual police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    Yes, he was very good to go along with covering up the fact Sandusky was raping and sodomizing children in the Penn State locker rooms, and never reporting it the actual police.
    A. He never witnessed it himself
    B. He got a 2nd hand report which he immediately reported to the AD

He became the scapegoat in a huge fuckup by the athletic department of the university.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    You really shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

Reading some of these comments on here (I think you know which) says a lot about society today.

RIP Joe Pa, from a Nebraska fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Reading some of these comments on here (I think you know which) says a lot about society today.

Agreed it is sad and extremely distasteful.

Deleted
    No smoke without fire.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop putting someone on a pedestal for winning football games. His moral compass was fucked. Considering he has children it's hard to believe he didn't know the right steps to take to keep other people's children safe. Great people die everyday, I don't consider Joe Paterno one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually now praying they close this thread just so I don't have to read this ignorant, disrespectful bullshit anymore

RIP JoePa, Class of 2007 Will miss you. It's a shame really, after reading these comments how some people don't read news reports at all. I knew once he became the scape goat he wouldn't make it till next year.. then the reports of cancer came up and that just confirmed my thoughts.

He didn't just win football games, he turned thousands of 18 year old kids into men... prepared them for life after football by putting them on a path in the right direction; gave millions in his own personal money to build the library that effects the 45,000+ students at PSU, charitable contributions over 40 years, and much more.

He openly admitted to making a mistake and wishing he had done more, but one mistake cannot, nor will it overshadow (for long anyway) 61 years of his legacy.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    He didn't just win football games, he turned thousands of 18 year old kids into men... prepared them for life after football by putting them on a path in the right direction; gave millions in his own personal money to build the library that effects the 45,000+ students at PSU, charitable contributions over 40 years, and much more.

He openly admitted to making a mistake and wishing he had done more, but one mistake cannot, nor will it overshadow (for long anyway) 61 years of his legacy.
    Sorry, it's just my opinion, but standing back while a handful of boys were molested far outweighs helping thousands. Had he done the right thing his legacy would be that much more memorable. You'd be saying "RIP JoePa for turning boys into men and putting men who molested boys behind bars.".

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

I know right.

As long as you win enough dopey football games, you can take part in covering up children being forcibly sodomized in locker rooms by a member of your coaching staff and idiots will see you as a good person.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post

He will always be remembered for his part in covering up children being raped at Penn State by the majority of sane people, who don't care that he won dopey football games. Get some perspective for fuck's sake.

Kinda nice you can ignore ignorant users who use phrase's like "i know right".

10+ Year Old Account
    The ignorance...it hurts my brain.

RIP Joe Paterno

Everyone here is either going to say "RIP JoePA" or "LOLCHILDMOLESTER" (because they didn't read the full news report) or "LOL GUY THAT KNEW ABOUT CHILD MOLESTATION AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

I don't see how any new contributions can be made to this thread. Can we close it, please?

PSU lost a great man.

To all the morons posting about what he did/didn't do: Grow the hell up. How many times must you be told he heard about it 2nd hand... He did what he thought was right and I support JoePa for what he did. (i said this now some moron will go and say "you support a molster?" JoePA didn't molest anyone...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna close this since there's a thread on Joe Pa in the Sports forum.