Thread: SWTOR targeting

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

SWTOR targeting

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but in warzones trying to target a moving player is terrible I don't remember it being that bad in wow not looking to start a flame thread

I think the main issue is, for me at least, is the fps drop i experience making where i click where they are no longer located. I can't remember it being that hard either. I'm hoping mine will be cleared up when the new pc arrives. Some one else may have a fix or something if the have experienced it and remedied the problem. I have not beeen bothered enough to attempt. TLDR I feel your pain
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

For some reason, the retarded nameplates block the mouse selection.

How that makes sense, i have no idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    It use to be horrible in wow, especially when lots of people were together. Addons make it so much easier. There is nothing they can really do besides allow addons to be published, but they won't do that until they have more things ironed out. Who wants 3429387423 bug tickets along with 2394872934 addon authors putting in tickets. Things will be ironed out in time, it's just a matter of time before they roll everything out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and another pain for targeting is the damn chat frame position

Deleted
    No, this is happening to me as well. Probably the most frustrating thing in the game yet for me.

Tried using both "Target Nearest Target" and "Target Next Target" and they both seem to not target people in front of me AT ALL. Annoying as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    That you can actually more currently its one of the only things you can currently mod from the UI

Addons have nothing to do with horrible tab targeting. I never click targets, I tab to them, and in WoW it usually always got the target I wanted. The tab targeting algorithm in SW:TOR is ignorant and unnatural. There will be someone right in frnot of you and the tab will target someone on the other side of the map. It has lost me many kills. :/

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Addons have nothing to do with horrible tab targeting. I never click targets, I tab to them, and in WoW it usually always got the target I wanted. The tab targeting algorithm in SW:TOR is ignorant and unnatural. There will be someone right in frnot of you and the tab will target someone on the other side of the map. It has lost me many kills. :/

across the map might be a stretch but i have had it tab to a person farther away than my closest target as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    God that drives me nuts right now in game, just completely asinine!

Still a fun game thoguh!

One of the most miserable parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    God that drives me nuts right now in game, just completely asinine!

Still a fun game thoguh!

You can move and resize the chat frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see "trying to tab target a moving person is so horrible!" anywhere. I agree though, instead of going to the closest it has a rotation like wow use to have(yes wow had the exact same tab target problem, don't argue it's a fact, I was there for it and the dozens upon dozens of QQ threads.) it went to the next person in distance on that rotation, moving characters included. I have the same problem, but try to click target instead when the numbers are thinner around who I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see "trying to tab target a moving person is so horrible!" anywhere. I agree though, instead of going to the closest it has a rotation like wow use to have(yes wow had the exact same tab target problem, don't argue it's a fact, I was there for it and the dozens upon dozens of QQ threads.) it went to the next person in distance on that rotation, moving characters included. I have the same problem, but try to click target instead when the numbers are thinner around who I'm looking for.
    I wasn't trying to turn this into a WoW vs SWTOR pissing match. I was merely pointing out that I would like TOR to have a cleaner tab system like WoW's, no need to get defensive.

He's right though that addons have nothing to do with it, at least in combat. You can't change nameplate boxes in combat in wow (even if the bars look smaller, the click detection is made in the same huge box from the default frames) and sure as hell you can't change anything related with selection or tab targeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't getting "defensive" I'm just tired of wow white knights defending what they don't know. Also there was no "WoW vs SW:TOR" in that post, it was a comparison to the SW:TOR one and the old WoW one.

Also yes addons have a lot to do with it, you can see where your desired target is easier while trying to find them. I use to know the wow tab targeting system so well I could tell who tab target would target next, just by looking at the nameplates and their positions.

I wasn't getting "defensive" I'm just tired of wow white knights defending what they don't know. Also there was no "WoW vs SW:TOR" in that post, it was a comparison to the SW:TOR one and the old WoW one.

Also yes addons have a lot to do with it, you can see where your desired target is easier while trying to find them. I use to know the wow tab targeting system so well I could tell who tab target would target next, just by looking at the nameplates and their positions.
    I'm hardly a WoW white knight, I haven't played the game in more than half a year... And what exactly don't I know? I never said that WoW's tab was always amazing. I never said anything wrong, you're just getting defensive. Just because I say a bad thing about the game doesn't mean I'm suddenly a "WoW White Knight", I'm just saying the truth. WoW tab targeting is currently better than TOR tab targeting, and I hope TOR's gets better.

And addons have nothing to do with pressing tab, and tab actually being smarter. I never used addons for nameplates or anything, and I can still tell that tab targeting is better in WoW. It has nothing to do with addons... derp.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-22 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* nevermind. I can't expect the masses to understand getting to know how something to work.

I start all my swtor posts now with, i luv swtor - so there is no confusion of me bashing on it. But, yes I too have had targetting issues - and forget clicking on things that are on the move - my cursor never changes...
    I have become a <tab> targetting pro - and yes they will fix this and yes the game is still hella enjoyable with this problem.

*sigh* nevermind. I can't expect the masses to understand getting to know how something to work.
    No offence. But u do really know how everything work? And can post here "Wow Targeting algorithm code"?