15+ Year Old Account

Yor'sahj or Zon'ozz Heroic 25 man

My guild just killed Hagara 25 man heroic, before starting on her we had some tries on Zon'ozz but than figured that hagara was an easier boss to progress on.

Now we're trying to decide between Yor'sahj and Zon'ozz as next target. As mentioned in the title it's concerning 25 man raiding, which on wowprogress is listed 60 kills in favor of Zon'ozz.

Any ideas for the next progress target?

Deleted
    We did hagara after morchok too. hagara is easy, as long as you don't get people to fail on frost phase (we do the run around strat). Next tag we did some "setup / feeling" pulls on both yor'sahj H and zon'ozz, and decided to go zon'ozz. We killed it in 75 tries. Once you do the 1st phase right, there's no problem (9-7-7-3). Btw, we healed through the debuffs (no dispel).

Then we went for yor'sahj and tried the "safe way" (ie killing mainly yellows/greens) : while we survived, we were missing dps on the boss himself and hit enrage. So we finally changed our prios, and dps some blacks to get rid of "useless" damage, which added more "load / unusual behaviour" on our healers. We managed to kill it last sunday (total 34 pulls), but with a heavy pre-thinging and strict attributions, which led to lower overall but more usefull dps (than mindless ffa zoning)

Now we'll go for ultraxion (aka boring fight) tonight, which will hopefully only pose "comp-group-cd-rotation" and "button-brainlag" problems, because hps/dps numbers should be fine for us. What i mean is that *if* you can do a few ultraxion hc pull on your clearing night, then you might actually feel he's not that complicated.

Hope you do some good progress on them !
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-01-23 at 03:08 PM.

Yor'sahj is probably easier after the multiple nerfs. If anything, Yor'sahj is more of a "pushing numbers" fight and Zon'ozz is more about strategy and execution, you can think of which suits your guild best.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Yor'sahj's nerfs are indeed what made me consider taking him down first (or 3rd). I know he took a 10% overall nerf on 25 man, but exactly what other changes did he get? Been googling around for nerfs but I can't find anything.

Yor'sahj was nerfed to the ground. Go for it.
    Its not like Zon'ozz is hard in all the overgear you have now.
    They are pretty equal.

Most likely it will take time for your healers to understand how to heal properly on Yor'sahj, but thats pretty much all that is at least somewhat complicated on this fight.

Heh. Should have followed proper progression! Nah, kidding.

Warlord caused us more issues than Yorsahj, personally. That phase 2 aoe damage is pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    but exactly what other changes did he get? Been googling around for nerfs but I can't find anything.
    Damage from the green, yellow and black (adds) reduced by X%.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

I found Yor'sajh to be the easier of the 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Yor'sahj it is, thanks for the contributions. For some reason this also feels like the most interesting boss to progress on.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Heh. Should have followed proper progression! Nah, kidding.
    If you're referring to killing the 4th boss as 2nd heroic. I would actually prefer progressing bosses in the "correct" order, unfortunatly the difficulty curve of heroics differs from the normal modes

One other data point to consider is that Zonozz is currently requiring a lower average gear level (390.4) than Yorsahj (391.1) to complete a first kill on 25m mode - this is from GuildOx.com (via the 'stats' menu) and is based of kills in the last 28 days.