[Movies] Question about "Red Tails" movie

I have not seen this movie, or even know if it is out in the theater yet, however the commercials seem to "Modernize" and "hip-hop" the language/actions of the black pilots, and I find that incredibly offensive, it is like saying "All black people in the history of the world chant like football players and slang there words. Deal with it"

Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a historically accurate/plausible film? Because the dialogue in just the commercials makes my stomach turn.

George Lucas, the man that brought us Jar-Jar Binks, is involved with its production. So that should tell you enough right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    George Lucas, the man that brought us Jar-Jar Binks, is involved with its production. So that should tell you enough right there.
    Oh yeah, and a few of the greatest movies in history.. don't be so quick to judge.

If you want to know more about the movie, do a little research. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485985/

I don't know for sure (so don't get upset if I am wrong -- its an opinion) but I am taking it as 300 was to the Battle of Thermopylae. About historical events told in a more "comic book" feel but roughly based on a historical event.

Anything that isn't a documentary is out for entertainment and profit first and accuracy comes after that, though some films are much more accurate than others...and if you see anything in a movie that looks outright ridiculous that wouldn't have actually happened, you're most likely right in your observation. Even more convincing masterpieces like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers are not 100% accurate.

In regards to this particular event...well, they are just doing this to make it more appealing, basically to make the audience connect to the main characters, vs having them talk like they talked back then. I don't disagree with you at all, but it's just not how entertainment today works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucas officially made his retirement statement after this movie. That should give you plenty of ideas about it.

Lucas himself said this movie should have never been made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Lucas himself said this movie should have never been made.
    I don't think those were his exact words, but it certainly made me laugh. He isn't the type to admit defeat.