Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Yes. Culturally, those places are very different from my own.

The UK and the US are pretty close culturally. When I go on holidays and visit places, I want a totally different culture. Different food (our food has become pretty americanised), different places, just differences. Plus, most of the US is too hot, I hate hot places.

Also, I've never really had much of an interest in american history or american landmarks, so that wouldn't interest me much either.

And actually, going to Iran could be interesting. I mean, I bet people aren't as bad as they are made out in the media, most are probably just average, nice people. Seeing their culture could be really interesting.

I'd probably be equally worried about being shot going to america (seeing as everyone and their mum owns a gun).
    I totally get that that's why next trip I'm going to the Philippines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    SNIP
    They are just jealous.

Here's more pictures of my area..

Rivers you can swim in, you can actually jump off that rock and the water is really deep, it's about 40 feet jump, done it loads of times.
    You have have to jump to the left of the rock make sure to get a running start.

A picture of the tahoe keys.

Some places you can hike right out too.

Crystal lake

Desolation(yes it's really called that[not a nickname])

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    I also noted down food, language, religion ect ect are all pretty similar.
    Like I said, not really. As an American myself I can go a few states over and aside from the common language it almost feels like an entirely different country, hell, even within my own state I can do that. The U.S. is extremely diverse culturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Not unless I have a really good reason to go (like visiting someone). I'm quite comfortable up in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    TAHOE

Ya, the Sierra Nevadas are pretty kickass, though I went through an old growth forest by Mt. St. Helens one time, was pretty awesome. It felt like Fangorn Forest or something, like movies where they go into the forest and it gets all dark? It was like that

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I totally get that that's why next trip I'm going to the Philippines.
    From what I hear from my Philipino co-workers, its gettin pretty dicey over there, they're getting terrorist cells leaking over from Indonesia.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just jealous.

Here's more pictures of my area..
    GOD DAMMIT Indiana sucks. Where do you live again?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I hear from my Philipino co-workers, its gettin pretty dicey over there, they're getting terrorist cells leaking over from Indonesia.
    Thanks for your concern but i'm a 6' 220lbs American who does private security work in Iraq for a living, I'm pretty sure I'll be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    That's more CA yo! Aside from our overabundance of hippies, this place kicks ass. (well I guess it could be NV too, Tahoe is on the border.)

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIPE
    Yeah love it here, the redwoods are cool too, and bodega bay, santa cruz, san diego, fort bragg, and just generally anything in the mountains or up the coast from fort bragg.

P.S, i would recommend staying away from most of SoCal, especially Los Angeles and the surrounding area, plus the beaches are pretty horrible in LA compared to san diego or santa cruz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Thanks for your concern but i'm a 6' 220lbs American who does private security work in Iraq for a living, I'm pretty sure I'll be ok.
    Packin heat, gotta love the 3rd world, but ya, from what I hear aside from that the place is pretty awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 09:33 AM ----------

Yeah love it here, the redwoods are cool too, and bodega bay, santa cruz, san diego, fort bragg, and just generally anything in the mountains or up the coast from fort bragg.

P.S, i would recommend sating away from most of SoCal, especially Los Angeles and the surrounding area, plus the beaches are pretty horrible in LA compared to san diego or santa cruz.
    There's a reason we're the tourist spot even within CA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Tahoe, California / Tahoe, Nevada, it's so big it's in 2 states, otherwise called CalNeva

I've visited the US for vacations, 5 times I think, for 10-15 days each time, I've been in the tourist places like orlando, la, miami, new york, one time to Seatle.. Great memories . I love to travel, I've never been in blizcon, maybe this year.
    I've some complains with racism, since I'm latin, 2 or 3 bad experiences, not personally me, but my wife, I don't really care about what other people think, I take it from who come. But my wife is kinda sensitive in this topic. And I know is not everybody, also depends of the places where you go.
    BTW anyone who wants to visit Mexico, is invited to our home, we are even listed in couchsurfing.org .
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-01-24 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIPED
    I can never eat another burger and enjoy it after having hodads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can never eat another burger and enjoy it after having hodads.
    Hodad's will do that to you, probably the most full I been was a double cheeseburger, a full order of frings and a shake. My friends had to roll me outta there.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No. I have such a strong resentment towards their government and a majority of the populace that I wouldn't want to.
    You've met a large majority of the American population or are you just ignorantly prejudice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    You've met a large majority of the American population or are you just ignorantly prejudice?
    Ding Ding Ding!!!! They watch their news and believe we're all bloodthirsty bigots, I remember seeing this documentary on EU mindsets about America, they asked a bunch of kids to draw a picture about what they think America is and this little ~10 year old girl drew evil president Bush shooting people, they're pretty much indoctrinated to think that we're like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hodad's will do that to you, probably the most full I been was a double cheeseburger, a full order of frings and a shake. My friends had to roll me outta there.
    Yeah it's awesome, i never really eat much but i could eat tons of those if i was given the chance.

The only other places i like to go to for vacations are Baton Rouge, Louisiana where the rest of my family lives, going through the bayous on a boat is an "enchanting" experience, And Destin, Florida.(watch out for crabs there they bury themselves in the sand, but as long as you don't step directly on them they won't attack you and will just run away.

That's a picture i took personally.

http://kingmje.deviantart.com/store/
    You can look at my other pictures there.

The ones of the monastery and such were taken near tahoe too, your allowed to live there if you commit yourself to the (christian)faith and can own property there for 200$ - 400$ a month, it's owned by an indian guy that only visits 1 month a year.(You are also required to help make food, plant flowers, and help guests in the gardens every weekend.)
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-01-24 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tahoe, California / Tahoe, Nevada, it's so big it's in 2 states, otherwise called CalNeva
    I bet your property values are through the roof though

That's the trouble with trying to get out of Indiana. My $250k home would cost millions in California. The area may be beautiful but I'm just not prepared for that kind of drop in standard of living.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    overabundance of hippies
    santa cruz
    Should have seen the Occupy camp there

I've visited the USA a few times to Colarado and New York City and upper New York as well as Florida but like all large countries there is so much to see so I'd love to go again for a road trip East to West coast I think.