View Poll Results: Do you want the old AV back?

Voters
174. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Yes! YES!!

98 56.32%
  • Oh hell no, I don't have 12+ hours to play one game.

33 18.97%
  • Eh, maybe not the old AV, but something close.

40 22.99%
  • ....AV didn't always have reinforcements?

3 1.72%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Newsflash: the old AV doesn't exist anymore because ......../drumroll.......people tired of it. Terminally.
    No. It's because bots and gear differences makes BGs horrible, so players would rather maximize their honor gain, becausee without at least honor gear your class can do shit in BGs, duels, and arena/Rated BGs no matter how well you play it.

And what's the point in even trying to summon Druids/shamans, Ice/Forest lord, Wind riders, stronger guards etc when your team lost before completing the summon. There's basically no reward for such a huge amount of work. If the honor gear per time unit for doing well in the old school version of AV was equal to a 10 minute WSG win then I can assure you people would be playing the old school version of AV.

The old AV was ass-horrible, guys. There were a ton of complaints on the forums, hence why it was changed to its current form. I would wager most people who did AV then did not enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, with all my heart!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No way in hell I would ever step foot in that mess ever again

Deleted
    It's the only thing from "old" WoW that I really want back.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would pretty much live in AV if they could bring back the oldest version. if i am close to ''of the Horde'' achievement, i have to thank Lok'holar (not sure if my old hks counted on the achievement tbh)

long story short: good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Some of you remember the old AV. Back then, a match could go on for as little as 45 minutes, or it could last as long as a few days. There were NPCs, a lot of them actually, some of them hit like a ton of bricks (good luck taking a tower/bunker solo). Of course, who could forget these guys:

Sure, there was more PvE in the old AV, but there was also a lot more teamwork as well. Hell, I'm impressed if there's any form of teamwork in AV these days other than people shouting obscenities at one another, as well as the, "ALL INNNNNNNNNNN!!!!" spam.

The old AV was one of the few truly epic aspects of the game that everyone could participate in.

I would love to the original AV (with all the elites and patrols included) brought back to level 85 (and 90 with MoP) and without the reinforcement bullcrap. Naturally, AV would be removed from the random BG pool, so those only interested in farming honor/conquest points can continue on.

Or hell, I'd settle for two AVs: classic and modern. The modern AV (the one we see today) would still be in the random BG pool, and would still get a holiday. The classic AV would be something you have to queue separately for (perhaps only in a major city?) and separate from the other BGs.

So, what do you guys think?
    I played since launch (sadly never was a real PvPer) but I do hear stories about these epic AV's and wish I could have been in them. All a BG like AV is anymore is rush boss, wait till some points are capped and kill boss.

I think a BG like the "old" AV could work and people wouldn't complain if Blizzard could come up with a way to dynamically (see: someone doesn't have to stay until the win/loss happens) give tokens or something but until that happens just like raiding/gearing it's been proven people don't like having to work/devote time into progression of their toon anymore.

Deleted
    Valuable input so it pains me to close this down but still, it's a year old.