Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crashes since 1.1 for Nvidia 560 cards?

After 1.1 dropped I've started to get hard crashes where my pc locks into a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor. Happens during load times between planet swapping or entering/exiting Warzones. Now reading through some threads the only nvidia users having problems are 560 ti users, I personally are running 2 in SLI with an I7 and 16 gig of RAM.

So am I drawing connections that don't exist or have other 560 users started having crashes recently?

Deleted
    Hmm I am running 2*560 as well and have not been experiencing any crashes, except for 5 mins where I got ported out to character selection screen after attempting to join a warzone, though it happened to a guildie at the same time, so don't think it was graphic cards fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running two OCed 560ti cards, an i5 2500, and 8gigs of ram and I have not experienced any crashes at all.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Ohh forgot to ask what mode people are running this in. Apparantly Windows Mode is much more stable, I'm yet to have a chance to try but will give it a go come monday.

Deleted
    Im running 560ti , AMD x6 1055T, 8GB in Windowed fullscreen - No crashes.

Deleted
    560 gtx ti here, using windows... had a few crashes, before 1.1 never had a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdam View Post
    560 gtx ti here, using windows... had a few crashes, before 1.1 never had a crash.
    I was beginning to think it was just me lol. Keep it coming whether your having issues or not, just remember to include RAM/CPU/GPU and we might end up with something vaguely useful to help BW get this engine working properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    did you all update your drivers? Also, you should report it with your crash log to both Nvidia and Bioware.

If anything I have experience about a 20% performance increase. Never experienced crashes before or after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    I'm running two OCed 560ti cards, an i5 2500, and 8gigs of ram and I have not experienced any crashes at all.
    EXACTLY thesame stats for me and I have not crashed either (yet)

Edit: However, i Used to have it with my old PC & WoW ... a similar issue That was due to a fault in the Vid Card itself, got a new one sent and after that I didn't crash anymore. (untill my power supply died:>)

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    After 1.1 dropped I've started to get hard crashes where my pc locks into a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor. Happens during load times between planet swapping or entering/exiting Warzones. Now reading through some threads the only nvidia users having problems are 560 ti users, I personally are running 2 in SLI with an I7 and 16 gig of RAM.

So am I drawing connections that don't exist or have other 560 users started having crashes recently?
    What manufacturer? Zodac by chance? Had similar issues with a Zodac GTX 560 ti I tried a few days ago...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try what is in this thread
    Also do a clean install of your video graphics driver, preferably the beta at first, then the live release if the beta has the issue persist. If you have changed the .ini file in any way to force AA you need to remove any of those settings since AA has been patched in.

Nienniora - Considering they are hard crashes where I have to reset my PC completely and it reboots from the last known good config so I'm not sure I can.

Nye- My GPU's are both MSI ones, shame we can't narrow it down to one manufacturer though.

Legarambor- WoW is stable as hell, the only crashes I'm getting are SWTOR.

Culadin - I had tried Forcing AA via the Nvidia CC pre 1.1, if thats changed my .ini files then this might be the most useful post I've seen so far. I'll give it a go on Monday and see if it helps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nvidia Geforce 560 ti (the one made solely by Nvidia from Best Buy), Phenom 985, full screen. No crashes, no drops in performance at all. If anything increased performance since 1.1. Running on driver 285.62 (since there hasn't been a new one since October), 64 bit, 10GB ram.

Deleted
    EVGA 560Ti here and no issues other than the odd glitch - need to update drivers for that I believe

Deleted
    My screen goes black as if theres no VGA connected to it and then comes back after 10 seconds or so. But this was happening outside of SWTOR aswell at random times.

Formatted my PC earlier though so i'm not sure if it'll still happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the exact same problems as the OP, and I have the same video card as well. My specs are:
    8 gigs of ram.
    2.6 quad core
    560 GTXti

The attached pic is a small sample of what I see numerous times a day only its not nearly as bad. That spike you see coming out of my character's left wrist is what I see in the game, but alot of times its alot worse than that. Example being, when I see a doorway into a building in front of me the color coding of that doorway will have a spike similar to the one in my char's wrist only it will go across the screen either horizontal or vertical and its really annoying. The thing is I don't know whether its my card that's having the problem (overheating while in-game) or the game itself. My vid drivers are all up to date and I even DL'd the latest beta driver from Dec 21. This mostly happens in busy areas, like the fleet or Ilum and I only notice that this happens during long playtimes.

560 ti here as well with no issues. I do remember having issues with those weird graphical bugs earlier in the game, but it has been weeks since I have had those problems.

Haven't had any issues. Used to have a lot of issues with the card due to the latest driver that NVidia had but ever since I installed a previous driver everything has been smooth.

Same problem here but with a radeon hd 6870, I made my own thread a night or 2 ago about it I was so mad... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-as-much-as-me

I still haven't fixed it either but it does happen less now, I put it on windowed mode, turned the compatibility mode onto windows xp serive pack 3, disabled visual themes, disabled desktop composition, ran it as admin, updated my sound and graphic drivers, and I had to make sure my software from my old graphics card was completely wiped (it wasn't til I checked). I think that's pretty much everything I've done.

It still happens, but it hasn't happened multiple times a day, or even an hour like I talked about in my thread. It's happened just once per day since I changed everything.

I had the problem before the patch, but before it was only when sometimes when I loaded to a different planet. Now it just happens randomly whenever the fuck it wants.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-01-22 at 09:47 PM.