Thread: Going neutral?

Deleted

Going neutral?

Hey,

so I'm leveling a Bounty Hunter and I've decided to make quest choices based on what I think I would do. At the moment, I'm around 400 light, 600 dark. Are there any negatives with going neutral? I know there is no neutral specific shops like light and dark, but are there any plans to add stuff like that?

Deleted
    Bioware did say they plan to add gear for people who stay neutral. But currently there's no benefits, you just can't use some gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My BH is neutral; just seemed to fit... but you do currently get screwed in the gear (based off of light/dark); there is plenty of options however so I wouldnt make that drive your decision.

You only lack cosmetics by going neutral. Don't let other's bully you by saying "you won't be able to get relics", because, while true, they are all lousy anyway, and the better ones don't require a side. Besides, you don't need a relic to level up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

You can always take the same approach I do. I picked up diplomacy and have my guys run Lightside missions for me. Then I just choose whatever I want story-wise.

I still ended up Light 5 by level 30 or 35. It makes the story more fun imo and you still get the benefit of choosing a side.

is it even possible to stay perfectly neutral? I have had some quests where its either a dark option or a light option no choice. Also some choices reward more points. Like a darkside choice might give you 100 points while the lightside only gives 50. So eventually you would move towards one side no matter how hard you tried not to.

The one thing you will lack until level 50, is any Relics. Aside from the Matrix Cubes, they are all Light/Dark aligned until the PvE/PvP/Artifice BoP ones.

My own Jedi Shadow is very Neutral. It's like 12000 Light and Dark each (it's more specific, but very close). Just waiting for the rewards, and the white lightsaber crystals to be added, so I can make the package complete.

Neutrality in this game isn't a matter of being apathetic... it's being bi-polar. You just have to balance out the Light and Dark points.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    is it even possible to stay perfectly neutral? I have had some quests where its either a dark option or a light option no choice. Also some choices reward more points. Like a darkside choice might give you 100 points while the lightside only gives 50. So eventually you would move towards one side no matter how hard you tried not to.
    Incorrect, if you actually work the game well (this can usually involve hitting Escape to back out of convos sometimes, just to check what your points are at), you can doctor it quite well.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-01-24 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Here's an article about their upcoming plans for neutral alignment. Right now useless, but it will be added luckily.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Hey,

so I'm leveling a Bounty Hunter and I've decided to make quest choices based on what I think I would do. At the moment, I'm around 400 light, 600 dark. Are there any negatives with going neutral? I know there is no neutral specific shops like light and dark, but are there any plans to add stuff like that?
    Bioware has stated that in a future patch they will implement neutral specific items. The idea is they want there to be these grey jedi's like Mace Windu.

One negative was most the Treasure Hunting relics I got required L2 or D2...

so going neutral (which I was doing for one of my operatives) was really biting me in the ass
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I'm lvl 38 and thanks to the way some of my choices worked ou I'm sitting on a balance of 50 dark side points (you know how it goes; a newly discovered race or the information in a Pubby officer's brain looks beneficial to the Empire so you let them live. Then the next guy you talk to is a disrespectful douche so you have to zap him a few times).

It sucks not being able to use the trinkets my companions keep bringing home for me, and I kinda wish yellow crystals were forbidden to light and dark so people would know how special I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forced myself going Light Side on my Sentinel because I didn't want to miss out on any potential gear. Having seen how virtually useless (from a leveling and general play perspective) the relics are, when I played my Marauder I picked options based on how my character would respond. I ended up being neutral until near the end when I finally eeked out in a Light Side 1 ranking. It was much more enjoyable.

I leveled my agent as 'neutral', and the only gear that I'm missing are relics... everything else is pretty good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just get Matrix Cubes instead.

I am in the same situation on my Trooper and my BH as well.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

There are advantages for Neutral. You get to use any color crystal. Blue and Red saber? Yes, you can!

But you dont get certain mounts and other things for looks. And during leveling you miss out on a Relic. But that doesnt matter, at lv50 you get burried under non-alignment relics.

So light/dark dont really have an advantage either. It all comes down to looks, but the options for Neutral are limited to using all colors.