Deleted

warhammer space marine FoV and ranting

Great, i've payed bloody 60 euro's for a darn lazy and terrible port with developers behind thinking it would be acceptable to induce head aches and eye strains, absolutely disgraceful for a PC game.

Thanks for reminding me to not buy lazy ports. i only purchased this because i'm an incredible warhammer lore nerd.

/rant over

Is there even a way to change the FoV? i swooped the files but couldn't even find a config.

Maybe your system couldn't run it properly? I have a fairly low-mid range system but didn't experience any problems like you described, it just looked like a console game to me.

Also why would you pay 60 euros when Steam sells it for 35?

Deleted
    I'm talking about the narrow Field of View, it's giving me head aches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for you, low FoW sucks for PC games. It also gives me headaches, although I haven't played Space Marine, so I don't know how bad it is.

And 60 euros? Man, that is expensive.

I dunno, been playing descent shooters, third persons and others. I found Space Marine quite enjoyable, and the most fun I have had in ages, never had any headaches or anything, FoV seems okay to me, and I am quite used to shooters and such.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    Yeah it might be enjoyable, but it's the FoV just screwing over my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Try playing windowed and reduce the vertical height while keeping the horizontal the same. Might fix it a little. (Not defending the game, offering solutions to a problem)

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    I paid 35 for mine. And its amazing

Deleted
    I do believe the game does not even support windowed mode, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I paid 35 for mine. And its amazing
    Best portrayal of 40k in a video game ever, looks and feels like you're stomping around an 'Eavy Metal diorama

Yea great game, but I do agree with the OP on FOV. Seems lately PC games are mostly ports not meant to played on monitors. Low rez textures and shallow FOV are a real eye strain.