Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what are my weaknesses as a disc priest?

So i dont throw my keyboard across the room and rage on how can this happen.

Melee is one i think, right?

I think any melee is gonna rape you. I can't think of a time I could leave my disc partner alone. Melee cleaves who are retarded are gonna Zerg you dead.

You have to play smart with your offensive mind blasts, mana burns, screams, and mind controls to maximize helping your team. Your heals aren't the best but they aren't bad at all.

can one melee wreck a priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Fagnut View Post
    a rogue with a vial, dks in general (maybe not blood) and a very good feral can solo you anytime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omniscience View Post
    a rogue with a vial
    Vial rogue can gimp pretty much any healer, not just Discs, so you're not alone in this OP. I've personally had the privilege of eating dirt in flat 2 seconds by a rogue/mage in stunlock. This was as a holy paladin with over 5k resilience (my character is on EU if you want to check her out, same name as my username) Not even a chance to bubble since i died before the last global cooldown was over.

Priests and druids need much more peels opposed to shamans and paladins. That's why RMP works so well for priests with all the snares, roots and stuns all over the place.

If i should pick a weakness (as someone who has fought against priests many times) i'd pick the lack of "ohshit" buttons. Fear is useless against tremor totem + trinket and the buffs and shield can be purged/dispelled. As a priest you rely much more on your team members.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtney View Post
    Vial rogue can gimp pretty much any healer, not just Discs, so you're not alone in this OP. I've personally had the privilege of eating dirt in flat 2 seconds by a rogue/mage in stunlock. This was as a holy paladin with over 5k resilience (my character is on EU if you want to check her out, same name as my username) Not even a chance to bubble since i died before the last global cooldown was over.

Priests and druids need much more peels opposed to shamans and paladins. That's why RMP works so well for priests with all the snares, roots and stuns all over the place.

If i should pick a weakness (as someone who has fought against priests many times) i'd pick the lack of "ohshit" buttons. Fear is useless against tremor totem + trinket and the buffs and shield can be purged/dispelled. As a priest you rely much more on your team members.
    very true!

Deleted
    think it has been mentioned before, but 2 people can solo you without much trouble

ranking from EASY to kinda EASY
    UnholyDK
    Rogue with Vial
    FrostDK
    Rogue without vial but atleast P1 daggers
    Feral

Notice how everyone isn't mention warriors because they can't kill a Disc priest without the stars perfectly aligning...

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Notice how everyone isn't mention warriors because they can't kill a Disc priest without the stars perfectly aligning...
    I was just posting when I saw this.. I simply have no chances to kill a discipline priest as an arms warrior if:

- not all my strikes are critical for 3 minutes
    - the priest is an 8-y-old blind kid

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I was just posting when I saw this.. I simply have no chances to kill a discipline priest as an arms warrior if:

- not all my strikes are critical for 3 minutes
    - the priest is an 8-y-old blind kid
    Yes it was on purpose I didn't mention you... I feel sad for you though but you cant kill me unless you're reeeeeeeaaallly lucky.

As for rets, it's easy to dispel their wings or mc them while they have cds up, so they cant kill me either...

Kindda sad, that the gap between all melee's is this big. Either you wreck me or you will never bring me below 60....

I wreck priests all day everyday on my warrior...

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I can and do solo disc priests with my arms warrior, its not a problem if you know the rotation, although it may take 2-3 minutes...

Yeah eventually you're gonna die, but casters are gonna have a real hard time against you. Especially with mana burn. I feel like breaking my naga when I hear gladiatorloS say "mah nuh burn mah nuh burn mah nah burn"

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I feel like breaking my naga when I hear gladiatorloS say "mah nuh burn mah nuh burn mah nah burn"
    lmao picturing animal from muppets with glad gear on

Quote Originally Posted by Shizniticus View Post

I can and do solo disc priests with my arms warrior, its not a problem if you know the rotation, although it may take 2-3 minutes...
    Disc priest will kill a warrior 1v1. Just like a lock will kill a warrior 1v1. People have too many bg stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time you die versus warrior is if they get to reck on you w/o peels/CC or get to sit on you 100% of the time. DKs just eat you, rogues are manageable if you have CDs to spare, same goes for ferals.

To sum up it, in arena you are very weak against melee cleave hardswaps/3DPS teams, unless you play with classes that cane nullify swap attempts.
    Last edited by Epox; 2012-01-28 at 11:50 AM.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    anything that can dispel spam and stack necro on you.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

as a disc, the worst weakness i found is necrotic strike, you have no idea how i hate that mechanic.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbh not a lot can touch a good (geared) disc priest apart from skilled/geared certain melee i find, most times i can just stand there and lol at folks trying to kill me. but like above, necrotic strike is NOT nice ;p and being sneaky mana burned by another priest is equally NOT nice ;p..... i wish theyd remove mana burn tbh..
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    anything that can dispel spam and stack necro on you.
    Dispel spam is not really effective, because discs have a lot of trash buffs. Even if you manage to strip off PW:F and Shadow Protection and then switch to him without buffs, he can just Inner Focus+Bubble, get peeled and refresh his trash buffs. A good priest, however, will be constantly rebuffing and pre-shielding/pre-hotting himself, before going in a bad position.

Also I found warriors and dks the most annoying. Maybe it's because I'm undergeared (3,8k res), but in a 2vs2 situation a warrior can kill me, if I don't get peels, because there is absolutely nothing I can do, to keep him off of me by myself. But if I ask my feral to bear charge or clone (only non-DR'd clones) him, it's not a problem.

@OP: Play with a rogue, mage or feral at all times

Deleted
    when i played disc warr at just below 2k rating, i usually get eaten by a unholydk since my ward can't peel enough to keep the bastard off me, even though i manage to inner focus strangulate I'm still a weak spot. I've never had a problem dying to a rogue though, unless they are teamed up with a wicked mage then i usually survive rogues without much effort and i can easily get their healer down with my warrior faster then they get me down. Ferals are meh, they can't kill me and we struggled on getting their healer down due to the amount of super peeling ferals can give away, but no never got beaten down by feral teams.

Ive changed to a feral now and the peeling i get made me outlive a unholy dk for 35min and we finally got him down (he was with a hpally), a lot of peeling and cyclones which I'm not that used to from my warrior, we managed to get them down and been killing a few unholy dk teams since then. in 2v2 at least the surviving and killing of other teams usually depend on what u team up with as a priest, the ultimate that i prefer but haven't managed to find yet is a mage, priest - mage is by far one of the best team up as priest and most enjoyable.