Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effec...co-op-killing/

Well, there goes my weekend plans through 2013.

Why do they keep having to get multiplayer in my singleplayer games? Co-op is great and all that, but it shouldn't directly affect the single player game for people who aren't interested in it.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

I play these games for single player. If I wanted multi-player I would play an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Why do they keep having to get multiplayer in my singleplayer games? Co-op is great and all that, but it shouldn't directly affect the single player game for people who aren't interested in it.
    Because it's the "cool" thing to do and one of the ways companies try to fight people re-selling their game forward.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    it doesnt. you dont have to do coop at all. You can play singleplayer and be perfectly fine. Coop has some bonus stuff for singleplayer, ja but that's about it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I saw a playable Krogan.... Fuck anything else - IMMA KROOOOOGAAAAAAWWWWRRRGGGNN!!!

... Now I just need to have a Qunari protagonist in Da3.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed that they decided to make it have an effect on single player. I prefer to play shooter games on my console but have no desire to pay for XBox Live, I hope they didn't sacrifice too much of the SRPG elements for this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Still on the fence about it but the more I see the more it interests me. I still hope the game gives a top notch single player experience but IMO at least playing as an alternate group of people trying to save the world while having an impact on my single player game, Which is hopefully not game breaking, does sound like an interesting idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    it doesnt. you dont have to do coop at all. You can play singleplayer and be perfectly fine. Coop has some bonus stuff for singleplayer, ja but that's about it.
    Except for the part where they say multiplayer affects your ending?

“Multiplayer will definitely have an effect on your single-player experience through the Galaxy at War system,” he explained, adding, “so as you play the multiplayer and the Co-Op and the more successful you are, the more that will affect your Galactic Readiness level which will then affect your end game result.”
    ~ flarecde

15+ Year Old Account
    Except for the part where they say multiplayer affects your ending?
    But even so, you can still completely ignore coop. Its not "omg you have to play coop or you're doomed!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    But even so, you can still completely ignore coop. Its not "omg you have to play coop or you're doomed!"
    No, but it's still, "skip it and you don't get all your cookie, we'll keep your ending chocolate chips until you've eaten your coop veggies."
    ~ flarecde

Deleted
    The only impact, from what I've read, that multi-player has on your single-player game is Galactic Readiness, and they have already stated that this can be maxed out in single-player mode. All the multi-player is doing is offering an alternative way to achieve this. It's like when they said the level cap in ME2 was 30 and we had fewer skills people were qick to cry out that they were "gutting out the game", when in reality it took to me just as long to cap in ME2 that it did in ME and I still had access to the same amount of abilities, if not more, via my squad mates.
    No, but it's still, "skip it and you don't get all your cookie, we'll keep your ending chocolate chips until you've eaten your coop veggies."
    It's "eat your coop veggies and get your ending chocolate chips faster". Easy mistake to make though as most of their PR seems more on promoting the multi-player than anything else, but they did state it was possible to max Galactic Readiness purely by playing single player. Have to wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    they did state it was possible to max Galactic Readiness purely by playing single player.
    Good to know, thanks. This is the first I've heard of any of this.
    ~ flarecde

Deleted
    Good to know, thanks. This is the first I've heard of any of this.
    Here's a link http://www.shacknews.com/article/705...ctic-readiness. the relevant quote is down the bottom of the page. I've seen it said in a few places, just not as much as how "awesome" the multi-player is going to be.

this looks amazing an i cannot WAIT for this shit...

and somewhere in all the tears i saw someone saying they prefer shooters on their xbox....LOLZZZZzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    this looks amazing an i cannot WAIT for this shit...

and somewhere in all the tears i saw someone saying they prefer shooters on their xbox....LOLZZZZzzz
    Some people prefer the Xbox controller because it "fits" in their giant hands, like mine :P but PS controller has it's own awesome feeling and is much easier to use.

OT: Can't wait to play this game, single/multi, I don't care, I love ME, the story is great and if the multi player has some effect on the single player campaign, I will find a way to get it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if people have been reading Gameinformer they just had an ME3 play with bioware and said the campaign will have 3 different ways to play the game:

RPG mode-classic ME gameplay with regular conversation.

Action mode- much less conversation, generally only has to deal with big decisions and very quick shooting with higher difficulty of AI. Mainly for the combat only type of people.

Storytelling mode- for the people interested in only the story really, lots of the usual conversation but the combat is "dumbed down" so to speak and is much easier if somebody just wants the story elements of the game.

These aren't exact word to word copies but pretty much the gist of what the magazine said, probably can loom it up on the gameinformer site. Regarding MP I don't think it will be that big of a deal to the game as a whole and is like the dessert of the meal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapper117 View Post
    Also if people have been reading Gameinformer they just had an ME3 play with bioware and said the campaign will have 3 different ways to play the game:

RPG mode-classic ME gameplay with regular conversation.

Action mode- much less conversation, generally only has to deal with big decisions and very quick shooting with higher difficulty of AI. Mainly for the combat only type of people.

Storytelling mode- for the people interested in only the story really, lots of the usual conversation but the combat is "dumbed down" so to speak and is much easier if somebody just wants the story elements of the game.

These aren't exact word to word copies but pretty much the gist of what the magazine said, probably can loom it up on the gameinformer site. Regarding MP I don't think it will be that big of a deal to the game as a whole and is like the dessert of the meal!
    So back to me1 style gameplay for RPG MODE CLASSIC?

Multiplayer In ME3 Is Incredibly stupid. Just like the retarded Kinect voice command feature that's In the game. What the hell Is Bioware thinking! Or more realistically, what the hell Is EA doing to poor Bioware!

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Voice Activation, simpler way to use group commands without even the need to pause the game, don't like? Don't use it, keep pausing for every single command.

Multiplayer, what? I can play a great game that I enjoy a ton with my friends? Damn, that sounds awful, damn you Bioware, I'll guess I'll QQ about it instead of just sticking with singleplayer mode.
    Multiplayer, Yeah, damn Bioware for putting In Multiplayer. I guarantee you that there was time taken away from single player to add multiplayer. If there wasn't time taken out of singleplayer to put In multiplayer, then fine. The more extra's the better.