Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    w/e, if u rly want an abortion it doesn't seem like a big deal...if they think it'll lower abortion rates I highly doubt that...just seems kinda pointless
    Its not pointless, its cruel and unusual punishment. Should we be forced to look every animal we eat in the eye before it dies? Should I have to see a bunch of dead babies when I decide that I'm getting a vasectomy? There is absolutely no medical reason to waste ultrasound and doctor resources on this procedure. It is the mother's choice to get in that chair and give the okay, that is all that is necessary.

Anything else is simply attempting to guilt the mother into a different choice. If you want it illegal get it changed, until you do that stop harassing people who are getting a legal private procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Important decisions like this should be kept to reason, not emotion. ._.
    If the past several years hasn't been an indication, abortion isn't really something that is left to "reason".

If it was, there wouldn't be such a giant ruckus about it.

By the way, I'm a raging liberal, and I'm pro-abortion, but I think it's pretty ignorant to pretend that it's black/white.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few reasons we stay away from these topics:

We don't allow religion topics which in the end is pretty much what this boils down to.
    People get too heated over their opinion.
    Too many people are extremely ignorant on the subject and in a topic claiming it's 'murdering babies'...it just ends up being very bad.
    The topic is just going to go in circles, you either believe fetuses are people at conception or at some other point, none of which has been proven, so no one will sway someone's opinion.

Just making sure people understand why it needs to be closed. It's just not a topic needed on MMOC.