Auto-area looting

Blizzard, plz play starwars:tor and withness the awesomeness of the area auto loot option. ( oh and then implement it in WoW please )

Eh, this is one thing I hope they do not do. I enjoy looting each mob individually; and I don't even want to think of the insanity of trying to run master loot with that running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    Eh, this is one thing I hope they do not do. I enjoy looting each mob individually; and I don't even want to think of the insanity of trying to run master loot with that running.
    Why not just turn it off then, just like auto-loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    This was already a thread... anyway, it's in Rift too, but auto looting a area after soloing say monastery would def crash the game
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Yes, they should put something else in the game to encourage booting and gold farming.

:: sarcasm :: if it wasn't clear enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you level tailoring/enchanting by running dungeons from 1 to 450 then come back?

I would love this. Not being able to pull an entire low-level-dungeon and kill everything at once because I know corpses will begin despawning before I'm done = </3
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

The only way master looter has anything to do with aoe looting is if either a) the master loot threshold is set below epic or b) there were many dead raid bosses each with epics within ~20-30 yards of each other. Neither of these are realistic circumstances...

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    Yes, they should put something else in the game to encourage booting and gold farming.

:: sarcasm :: if it wasn't clear enough.
    While botting is an important consideration, it should not get in the way of notable gameplay/QoL improvements. Looting a bunch of mobs is one of my least favorite parts of WoW, and I'd be thrilled to have this functionality introduced.

As for farming: it really might undermine bots/gold-farming in general. If it made it significantly less annoying to do your own farming, maybe we'd see some players choose that route over gold-buying. Who knows.

Diablo 3 has something similar as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Rift had this also, and it was awesome. I hate farming cloth and such in low level instances, and looting takes up 95% of the time.

Perhaps the intent is not to encourage AoE farming, but to make you think if its worth the hassle of looting.

I think it's the way it is because it simply wasn't possible or thought of when WoW came out, not because it'd discouraging botting.

Yes. They definitely ought to implement it, no reason not to and plenty to.

Deleted
    Nothing to do with addons or macros, really.