Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Long time since i played Final Fantasy, what number is it now ? Final Fantasy IXIXX ?
    The only final fantasy was good (my opinion Derp) was the one where u play Tidus and Yuna as a summoner. (i believe its Final Fantasy X)

Wakka Rikku Tidus Auren "Tigerman" "Puppetgirl" and Yuna was the chars in it

After it there was some lame rip off where u play with 3 girl characters as main characters or w/e and it felt like a new story begun, never knew what happened after that final fantasy i played and completed on the PS2. After playing for a few hours i instantly lost interest to this whole Final Fantasy thing.
    Last edited by ButterToast; 2012-02-01 at 04:38 PM.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not Terra/Locke/Celes/Sabin/Edgar/Cyan/Shadow/Gau/Setzer/Mog/Strago/Relm/Umaro/Gogo then it's falling short of the pinnacle of the series.

Why doesn't everyone just agree with me???

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Meh. Everything after 7 except for 10 was has been meh. The series is not what it once was, and I miss the old school jrpgs.
    There I fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasnt that interesting in FF13-2 when i first heard about it but after playing the demo i immediately preordered. I hated FF13 at first but loved it on a second play. People just HATE change. If 13 had been under a different brand name people would probably love it. It happens to any series that has been going a long time, long time fans hate the way the game changes (see how 'vanilla' players moan all day about wow).

Liked 7,8,10. Wasn't keen on the others. Thought FF13 was a bit lame, I have it on ps3... I would still try the sequel anyway.

I myself dont hate on Final Fantasy...I personally really did not like XIII but I may play XIII-2 if I have enough time between playing mass effect 3 and swtor.
    I just wish square enix would do what everyone wants,Remake,with beter graphics and voice acting,final fantasy VII and VIII.Without changing anything else of the game.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    People like different things.

I'm sorry if this is difficult for you.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I have always been an avid Final Fantasy fanboy myself. I even had the old The Final Fantasy Legend for my gameboy back in the day. Until 13 came out I loved every game they have released. They have completely ruined the series for me with 13. I gave 13 a chance, got myself to Chapter 11 and just couldn't handle it anymore. Never in my life have I had to force myself through a FF game. Even Revenant Wings kept my attention until the end. Im crossing my fingers that they improve for FF15.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's quite ridiculous. A series that has gone over almost 20 games, with only two being bad AKA FF13 and FF ''14''

Like it or not, FFX-2 was a fantastic and meaty game that many people enjoyed. Yet here we were with FFXIII-2, a clearly refined and much MUCH better game than FFXIII, yet because 13 was such a dud people refuse to give it's sequel a chance and moan on SE for creating it.

Stop. Seriously.
    You say it has to stop yet hate on a game in the series that many many people do indeed like and enjoy? Sorry, can't take you seriously.