Deleted

Champions Online

Anyone play/played it? Do you think its worth playing? Just a bit of time passery.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Anyone play/played it? Do you think its worth playing? Just a bit of time passery.
    I was in beya and played for a few months after launch. I really enjoyed the game a lot. Being a comic nerd it was great fun. I had to quit due to time/money/real life. It IS fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it briefly when it came out but it failed to capture me. Graphically it's definitely better than City of Heroes.

The other thing to consider is that apparently since it went free to play, a lot of the customisation has gone out of it unless you are prepared to get nickle and dimed for everything from bag space to costume pieces to being allowed to choose non-template character types. It could potentially end up costing you more than a $15 a month game depending on how much you get into it. Fair warning.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I played it briefly when it came out but it failed to capture me. Graphically it's definitely better than City of Heroes.

The other thing to consider is that apparently since it went free to play, a lot of the customisation has gone out of it unless you are prepared to get nickle and dimed for everything from bag space to costume pieces to being allowed to choose non-template character types. It could potentially end up costing you more than a $15 a month game depending on how much you get into it. Fair warning.
    this is true... I think with everything you DON'T get with the F2P version, it's worth it to sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    I was in beya and played for a few months after launch. I really enjoyed the game a lot. Being a comic nerd it was great fun. I had to quit due to time/money/real life. It IS fun though.
    Yeah? I always thought a super hero mmo would be something I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post

Yeah I did notice the interesting change in some MMOs, never played one of the P2P-F2P transfer games before. If I did actually get really into it, I probably would pay for stuff I found worth it. My first MMO's was one of them item mall f2p MMOs, heavy korean grindfest where some people had spent over $1 million before I had quit to compete in pvp and the levelling. Not as bad as that surely!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Yeah I did notice the interesting change in some MMOs, never played one of the P2P-F2P transfer games before. If I did actually get really into it, I probably would pay for stuff I found worth it. My first MMO's was one of them item mall f2p MMOs, heavy korean grindfest where some people had spent over $1 million before I had quit to compete in pvp and the levelling. Not as bad as that surely!
    It's pretty solid. I've spent 5 bucks total on is (I play it from time) on extra bag slots and haven't really felt limited by not paying yet. Minor inconveniences but nothing that I felt was actually holding me back.

nice game.

gave me one of the most interesting MMO experiences i've ever had actually: totally throws you a VERY unexpected plot development at one point as you approach endgame although to be fair to appreciate the impact you kinda have to be following what's happening and talking to all the major characters etc.

i've played a lot of mmos and champions online is one of the 5 that i keep installed.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2012-02-01 at 02:25 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

I've played it a little, but the gameplay kinda annoyed me, seemed so stiff, got tired of the game all together very quickly. The best thing about it was the character creation imo, I miss my giant muscular pink vulture fish in a spandex suit.