Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Final Fantasy hate gotta stop.

It's quite ridiculous. A series that has gone over almost 20 games, with only two being bad AKA FF13 and FF ''14''

Like it or not, FFX-2 was a fantastic and meaty game that many people enjoyed. Yet here we were with FFXIII-2, a clearly refined and much MUCH better game than FFXIII, yet because 13 was such a dud people refuse to give it's sequel a chance and moan on SE for creating it.

Stop. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    General Rule,

"If you dont like it, dont take anything to do with it"

Wish more people would actually follow this

I for one am looking forward to FFXIII-2 this Friday, then I will make my opinion of the game after Ive finished it. If I like it fine, if I dont fine, that shouldnt effect anyone elses opinion or enjoyment of the game
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

Meh. Everything after 6 except for 9 was has been meh. The series is not what it once was, and I miss the old school jrpgs.

Whether you like a game or not is subjective and really not something worth debating. There will always be "likers" and "haters".

So no offence, but you'll probably just have to deal with it. Others may or may not like your favorite game series

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's quite ridiculous. A series that has gone over almost 20 games, with only two being bad AKA FF13 and FF ''14''

Like it or not, FFX-2 was a fantastic and meaty game that many people enjoyed. Yet here we were with FFXIII-2, a clearly refined and much MUCH better game than FFXIII, yet because 13 was such a dud people refuse to give it's sequel a chance and moan on SE for creating it.

Stop. Seriously.
    FFX-2 was a mini-game compared to FFX.
    Al though it was fun and the singing in the rain thing was actually touching, the rest of the game felt much MUCH weaker than FFX.

Also FFXII was a dud as well, the story wasn't interesting at all and most characters, including the main character felt very one-dimensional.
    Besides you can't have FF without Nobou Uematsu guiding the story with his brilliant music.

So just because you're excited about FFXIII-2 doesn't mean others can't dislike it.

Well, I can't say I blame the haters. After XIII it's pretty damn easy to hate a series. I for one, am looking forward for XIII-2, and I'll be getting it shortly, but that's because I don't "hold grudges", I'll give the sequel a shot, even after the horrible, HORRIBLE fail X-2 was. FF sequels can be awesome (FFIV:TAY) or horrible, I'll just shoot in the dark for this one. Problem is, NOTHING will ever match up to VI, and most people know it. Mostly because Sakaguchi left Square and Kingdom hearts is Nomura's new baby.

That said, once a series gets high enough, haters come, no way around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do personally prefer the older games I don't really have to much of a problem with their new stuff as far as game play. My only real things to bitch about are somewhat minor things like considering 11 and 14 to be apart of the main series instead of just referring to them as 'Final Fantasy Online", another thing that irked me was how they kind of went back and beat the shit out of Final Fantasy 7 and spewed out all the sequels/prequels, its not so much that I didn't like the games its just the style they did it in didn't really feel like it fit with the original game, then finally my main complaint of the games as of late is now they are starting to add DLC to them which I despise with 13-2 and the 2nd Dissidia, not sure if any other major titles in the series of late did it but that stuff just pisses me off. Other then that though I don't really have to much a problem with the new games, the art style of the newer stuff I am not a big fan of but I still love the games, didn't really have a problem with 13 at all even if it was much different then the past games, and I am especially looking forward to 13 Versus.

Its called free speach, i will complain when a bad game comes out from a generally good game dev, as i cant get my 50-60 euros back, and if we dont speak are mind they`ll think this crap is good and do it again. Anyway in my opinion there hasnt been a good story in a FF game since 10-2, and that didnt have to good a story, it was just cool all the desicions you could make that had a decent impact on the game(something that should be done more)

But ya, no offence if i want to complain about something , its my right to do so, especally if i just spent 50 euro + on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd remake the 8th

I don't hate FF. A majority of people just think the series has gone downhill since (take your pick) 9 or 10. Think the only FF that has done well are the remakes and the Tactics games on the GBA/DS.

They just need a real kick in the ass to get the series back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    I wish they'd remake the 8th
    I didn't like 8, the whole spellstacking thing was blegh.

Honestly FFXIII was an incredible game. This is coming from the person that worships FF9. I felt like there were weak points in the game, but saying it was bad is just a personal opinion and not a very good one. FFXIII-2 fixed everything FFXIII did wrong. I'm roughly half way through and I love the game.

Also, FFX-2 was way worse than FFX, personally it should have ended with 10, it was such an amazing story and they ruined it with X-2.

All-in-all it's personal opinions, so it doesn't matter what people think or say, if you like the games then enjoy them for what they are to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Its called free speach.
    No its not.

I loved 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12 and i didn't actively dislike 13 though i just stopped playing after like 5 hours.
    All in all i just hope they redeem themselves with 15

It feels like the Final Fantasy games that come out these days are all trying to reinvent the wheel. Fan opinions have always been mixed on every single Final Fantasy game. There is not one that is universally liked, or one that is universally despised. Just from what I've seen though, I think they lost a lot of fans with 12, and it's only gone downhill since then.

Just ignore them if they bother you that much. There isn't going to be a game that everybody loves. There will always be people who hate it. And let them hate it. Unless they're verbally harassing you about it, who cares about their opinion?

Sorry Deafknight i know making a typo also makes my point invalid

Deleted
    Where is this claimed hatred against FFseries?
    I have not seen any.
    The OP sound like there is a huge mob protesting against FF. Where exactly is this mob?

Hate is such a strong word. Let's call it... varying levels of dislike, and wondering when a good FF will come out again.

I'm just annoyed they're trying to cater to the battlefield/cod-generation.

ITT: Lots of differing subjective opinions, this thread might as well be called the hate on colours must stop, haha. "I like blue better but not yellow." "Yellow is a good colour."

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Meh. Everything after 6 except for 9 was has been meh. The series is not what it once was, and I miss the old school jrpgs.
    I'm the opposite of this; After FF6 if I had to choose one FF to not play between 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, or 13 I would pick 9 in hindsight.