this long battle will reach its end at PAX East it seems....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I think a lot of people should read this one.
    Ha! no chance i just checked the BSN and it already has threads missing the point completely and getting pissed saying the statement belittles the customers opinion because he points out the critics love the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    lulz. And to me it really shows that the indoctrination theory is just that, a theory. Bioware truly intended the current ending to be the ending.
    Casey Hudson-
    I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in. That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.

Essentially, Bioware has promoted Indoctrination theory from the very beginning.

Deleted
    Ima toss another set of signature/avatar I did. This time it was a request from tnpm of Mordin. And I have to say I fell in love with what I managed to do. Eeep, might have to use it myself sometime. Whatchu guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Ima toss another set of signature/avatar I did. This time it was a request from tnpm of Mordin. And I have to say I fell in love with what I managed to do. Eeep, might have to use it myself sometime. Whatchu guys think?

I think they should have hired the same guy for Mordin in ME 3, the one who did his voice in ME 2, Michael Beattie.

Oh wait... Looks good as usual.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Ha! no chance i just checked the BSN and it already has threads missing the point completely and getting pissed saying the statement belittles the customers opinion because he points out the critics love the game.
    I know. -.-

If memes were allowed here I'd do the obligatory "I don't want to live on this planet anymore".

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Casey Hudson-
    I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in. That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.

Essentially, Bioware has promoted Indoctrination theory from the very beginning.
    If I had to point at one thing that shows the hugeness of how much they've succeeded with the ending creating a bit of mystery and self-interpretation, it's the indoctrination theory. Just the fact that so many people have come together and formed their own coherent opinion on how the galaxy might actually look like is amazing.

That said, with the rabid trolls running loose, I have a feeling we'll see a lot less open-ended games in the years to come. Which makes me sad really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone ever seen a Human Vanguard beyond bronze. I have seen them in rare cases, but they usually quit the match mid game.

Also, what have you been getting out of the new premium veteran pack. I haven't noticed anything crazy special from it thus far.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-03-21 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post

Very nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    And the response to them should be, "...and here we have the perfect example of the people we will be ignoring."

yay thx for that. like mordin said someone else might have gotten it wrong
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I think they should have hired the same guy for Mordin in ME 3, the one who did his voice in ME 2, Michael Beattie.

Oh wait... Looks good as usual.
    I actually think the new guy did a pretty good job. It did sound like he had a cold sometimes, but most of the time I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't known already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think the new guy did a pretty good job. It did sound like he had a cold sometimes, but most of the time I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't known already.
    Lets not forget that Mordin is elderly by Salarian standards, being 35 by the time he's recruited into shepard's squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

So based on what Muzyka said, it sounds like all that indoctrination stuff was just people grasping for straws. It's almost disappointing, but at least they're working on something to appease people. Maybe they'll add a *real* indoctrination ending, since the idea became so popular. April needs to come soon, I want to find out more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Me thinks the PAX panel will be about upcoming DLC, the future of ME Multiplayer, and the future of the franchise (just because Shepards story is over doesn't mean the franchise is done, Shepard was only a finite part of the ME universe). The ending is the ending to me, I've moved on. I still think want to believe everything after Shepard got hit with the laser is a dream brought on by a delirious Shepard.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2012-03-21 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't know and thought he sounded really odd:P Somehow softer or different, especially when he was singing.

But what really did bother me was Kenneth, the scotish mechanic. Does he have a new voice actor too in ME3, cause he sounded REALLY off.

i think the ending was brilliant... if you REALLY REALLY play the game... for example i never skipped conversations, i read EVERY SINGLE codex, i did every mission, i read things out side of game to include the books... the story is amazing... before i read or looked up anything on indoc. theory that is what i got from the ending 100%... Shepard was a tool, used to become a war hero, and bring ALL the organics ready to be harvested right to the Reapers... yes i can understand how people are upset because they wanted Shepard to live, maybe settle down, and the Mass Effect relays to still be running, and everything to be happy... but its not about that, its about a story, that came to an end... and the story telling was amazing! Shepard never reached the beam, the last part in my opinion is pure dream/indoctrination!

If they ended it now, i would be okay with that! in my mind the organics failed and the cycle continues... if they create more DLC to end the story as a success to please the masses, or to allow an organics beat the harvest ending i would be okay with that too... but not if they did it just because people did not like the outcome of the story, appreciate a good story people!!!! not every story ends how you want it to...

people complain about if they add more to the story, an alternate ending, in DLC you will have to pay for... who cares?! if you played Mass Effect 2 are you mad you had to pay for Mass Effect 3??? no, you payed to continue the story... its the same thing! complaining that Bioware and EA are greedy for money is stupid, they provide a service for a cost and deliver, in this case and AMAZING story you get to act out and create decisions that influence the entire game! if Shepard's story isn't over, and either way i am happy, then you will have to pay to play it out... if your upset, wait for the DLC to come out and youtube the DLC ending 2 days after release...

Mass Effect series is the greatest gaming series (story telling in a video game) of all time... and the ending is brilliant!!!
    Last edited by Lord Wokoom; 2012-03-21 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I didn't know and thought he sounded really odd:P Somehow softer or different, especially when he was singing.

But what really did bother me was Kenneth, the scotish mechanic. Does he have a new voice actor too in ME3, cause he sounded REALLY off.
    He never really had a Scottish accent. Idk who his actor was, but it sounded pretty fake to anyone who's actually around Scottish accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    He never really had a Scottish accent. Idk who his actor was, but it sounded pretty fake to anyone who's actually around Scottish accents.
    He's more of a tribute to Scotty than anything. As long as he's an engineer and sounds remotely Scottish it does the job.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wokoom View Post
    i think the ending was brilliant... if you REALLY REALLY play the game... for example i never skipped conversations, i read EVERY SINGLE codex, i did every mission, i read things out side of game to include the books... the story is amazing... before i read or looked up anything on indoc. theory that is what i got from the ending 100%... Shepard was a tool, used to become a war hero, and bring ALL the organics ready to be harvested right to the Reapers... yes i can understand how people are upset because they wanted Shepard to live, maybe settle down, and the Mass Effect relays to still be running, and everything to be happy... but its not about that, its about a story, that came to an end... and the story telling was amazing! Shepard never reached the beam, the last part in my opinion is pure dream/indoctrination!

If they ended it now, i would be okay with that! in my mind the organics failed and the cycle continues... if they create more DLC to end the story as a success to please the masses, or to allow an organics beat the harvest ending i would be okay with that too... but not if they did it just because people did not like the outcome of the story, appreciate a good story people!!!! not every story ends how you want it to...
    Ok, so according to you, the endings are all fake and the Reapers actually win? If that was true, it would probably be the biggest "Fuck You" ever given in the video game world. Even the indoctrination theory people see the ending as a transition into a future scenario in which Shepard still ends up winning or is at least capable of winning. Having the Reapers win in the end no matter what means you spent at least 100 hours falling in love with the Mass Effect universe for nothing.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-21 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Ok, so according to you, the endings are all fake and the Reapers actually win? If that was true, it would probably be the biggest "Fuck You" ever given in the video game world. Even the indoctrination theory people see the ending as a transition into a future scenario in which Shepard still ends up winning or is at least capable of winning. Having the Reapers win in the end no matter what means you spent at least 100 hours falling in love with the Mass Effect universe for nothing.
    Its not like it would be much of a loss, the ME universe is pretty weak.