Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    I know there has been a lot of people who edited one of the game files to raise the point rewards from assets (most of them simply doubled the reward).
    Maybe he is using that? o.O I'm quite sure I cleared the entire game and only managed to get a little more then 3,500...
    I was around the same number before I increased the readiness with multiplayer. I did all the "good choices" in ME1 and ME2, made peace with everyone I posisbly could on ME3 etc. And I was still quite a bit below 4000 EMS with the default 50% readiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    This guy has to have hacked his save. His Krogan, Rachni and Asari forces are almost double what they should be and the Quarian forces are triple what they should be.
    Yea, besides ALL the old characters from old team are worth 25, like Jacob, Mordin, Ashley etc. He has them all listed as 50..

But can anyone tell me whats up with the pistol, where does it come from. And I don't mean just the ending. I play as soldier and don't even have a pistol or SMG of any kind but often in cutscenes Shepard still manages to pull that thing out from somewhere. Kinda reminds me of the murder knife in DA series:P
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-03-31 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I was around the same number before I increased the readiness with multiplayer. I did all the "good choices" in ME1 and ME2, made peace with everyone I posisbly could on ME3 etc. And I was still quite a bit below 4000 EMS with the default 50% readiness.
    I myself got abit over 7k on my second playthrough and i did everything Paragon (this save was from ME1+2 full Paragon aswell) 4k EMS is pretty low. also if you had 4k with 50% readiness it would be reduced to 2k EMS
    "Keelah Se'lai"
    "Tali'Zorah: Just so you know I'm running a fever, I've got a nasty cough, and my sinuses are filled with something I can't even describe. But it was totally worth it! "

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    I myself got abit over 7k on my second playthrough and i did everything Paragon (this save was from ME1+2 full Paragon aswell) 4k EMS is pretty low. also if you had 4k with 50% readiness it would be reduced to 2k EMS
    EMS (Effective military strength) is the number you get after cutting it in half. 4k EMS is the cut off for the best ending. 4k ems is quite high, considering my save has me at about 3600-3700 (haven't played since the terrible ending so don't remember for sure).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    But can anyone tell me whats up with the pistol, where does it come from. And I don't mean just the ending. I play as soldier and don't even have a pistol or SMG of any kind but often in cutscenes Shepard still manages to pull that thing out from somewhere. Kinda reminds me of the murder knife in DA series:P
    Both from Bioware and same story behind them both.
    It's the reason why I often saw the standard Assault Rifle in cutscenes, although I used the Mattock.
    To make it short... it's either bordom or limits of the engine or something along those lines.
    In some cases specific weapons wouldn't make sense, in others it's just that Bioware didn't have the time/energy/whatever to actually change the cutscene depending on the weapon you're carrying. Well, if you think about it... not all situations that use a pistol could be as good with a bigass sniper rifle like the Black Widow. (loved that weapon btw, so awesome as Infiltrator and Soldier)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    EMS = Effective Military Strength. It's the number of troops you actually have ready to fight. It's the number you get after you divide your assets with the readiness rating. So let's say I had 3700 EMS (I think this was pretty close to the number I had) = 7400 War Assets.

And I was wondering the same thing about weapons just today! I use a SMG and an Assault Rifle on my Adept and somehow she still manages to pull off a pistol somewhere... Space Magic! See what I did thar? Huh? Huh?
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-31 at 04:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Do you use that app thing? Apparently it can grant extra war assets as well.
    I've never seen the data pad app generate War Assets. It does however generate Readiness rating just little over 1% per 5 hour and 37 minute mission. You can increase that but the upgrade starts at 500000 credits so good luck doing that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I've never seen the data pad app generate War Assets. It does however generate Readiness rating just little over 1% per 5 hour and 37 minute mission. You can increase that but the upgrade starts at 500000 credits so good luck doing that.
    I think the data pad app can increase credits however :P a friend of mine instantly booted himself up with 600K credits so he could buy all the Spectre weapons right off the bat.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think you can get some Cerberus Operative points or something like that. No idea how it works though, I just assumed it would be war assets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think the data pad app can increase credits however :P a friend of mine instantly booted himself up with 600K credits so he could buy all the Spectre weapons right off the bat.
    I was actually wondering where the heck did all my money come from when I started a new ME3 playthrough with my Renegade Shepard. The Data Pad might've been what caused it then.

Also, I just had this scene on the same Renegade Shepard. She's obviously romancing Garrus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fovyxIpJAj0

One comment made me giggle though... Garrus says that Joker's videos showed "the part about sleeping" but nothing past that. It makes me wonder what kind of video collecton Joker has... *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    One comment made me giggle though... Garrus says that Joker's videos showed "the part about sleeping" but nothing past that. It makes me wonder what kind of video collecton Joker has... *cough*
    7 zettabytes of explicit images, according to EDI.

("That was a joke." Was it EDI?)
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It doesn't do that either. I have about 56k credits in the data pad. But only have 32k in mutliplayer and 26k in single player. I did forget about the ME: Infiltrator app which does seem able to give small amounts of Cerberus Assets when you complete it as well as the choice of increasing Readiness Rating (but you don't get extra credits in the App if you do).

I also just started a new game and after sitting through the boring intro I have 0 credits. NG+ might give you a credit boost or the credits might just be from the "final" mission and you don't notice it until you import it to NG+
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-03-31 at 06:35 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Oh no Legion, you just didn't go there! Never tell Garrus how to do calibrations!

I keep finding more stuff I haven't bumped into before this playthrough. Oh boy.

EDIT: And drunken Ash! Oh my god. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFdx0QTEH4

Shepard: Is it time to test the fire alarm? You know, I think it is!
    Ash: I'll pay you a million credits not to do that, ma'am.
    Shepard: Two million and we have a deal.
    Ash: ... You're a damn space-pirate.
    Shepard: I could order Joker to sing to you over the comm.
    Ash: I hate you.
    Shepard: I hate you...?
    Ash: Ma'am.

Awwh, poor Ash.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-31 at 07:51 PM.

I love those random squad interactions. People might complain about not being able to talk with them as often as in previous games, and as detailed, but damn it has it's perks.

In other news, the Salarian Engineer is GODLIKE!

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 10:07 PM ----------

Not sure if anyone has linked this yet, but DAMN!

Deleted
    After seeing that scene again I have to ask. It's propably explained somewhere anyway but how exactly do two Asari determine which one is the mother and which one is the father? I mean the matriarch said "I wasn't the one who popped her out" (or something like that). Is it possible for both to get pregnant at the same time or... What? My mind is working wonders on saturday nights!

Well Asari on Asari action is, well besides being god-damn hot, is... uuuuhhh... god damn hot!

Yea, I mean racks and all... sooooooooooouuuuuu uhmmmmm what were we talking about?
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    I'm just genuinely curious! I think it's easier to determine when the other partner is of the other species and then they hyst go by the sex of their partner/soulmate/hook-up, since it seems that by default all ME races (part from Asari, but I might be wroooong!) have males and females. But since Asari themselves don't have two seperate sex I'm just kind of pondering how they actually determine it. Or does it just kinda happen. FFFFF. IDK.

After seeing that scene again I have to ask. It's propably explained somewhere anyway but how exactly do two Asari determine which one is the mother and which one is the father? I mean the matriarch said "I wasn't the one who popped her out" (or something like that). Is it possible for both to get pregnant at the same time or... What? My mind is working wonders on saturday nights!
    When they meld, only one can initiate the connection. And if an "exchange" of genetic material is made, the initiating asari will be the mother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    When they meld, only one can initiate the connection. And if an "exchange" of genetic material is made, the initiating asari will be the mother.
    So the one who "makes the move" becomes the mother? Interesting.

At least that's what the wiki told me.