Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Cool thats good to know, there are massive chunks of the game missing because my xbox broke and I made the move to PC, dunno if thats one of them but thanks for the clarification.
    You could always use a save editor to flag events in ME2 and ME1. I've done that to trick ME2 into thinking I played and imported from ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    When this happened was anyone else just like...O SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    When this happened was anyone else just like...O SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!
    Definitely one of my favorite moments. I remember my kid brother telling me about how much trouble he was having with it. Tried to get me to come over to help him. XD
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Definitely one of my favorite moments. I remember my kid brother telling me about how much trouble he was having with it. Tried to get me to come over to help him. XD
    I had trouble with it too until I realized the targeting doesn't reset when you stop pulling the trigger. Was easy when I realized I could target, run, target, run, and until it died. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I had trouble with it too until I realized the targeting doesn't reset when you stop pulling the trigger. Was easy when I realized I could target, run, target, run, and until it died. lol
    Yeah, that was exactly his problem too. Haha.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could always use a save editor to flag events in ME2 and ME1. I've done that to trick ME2 into thinking I played and imported from ME1.
    I learned about those after finishing ME3, I wont be playing it again the story ultimately doesn't mean anything in the scale of your ship and its crew, I know all my beloved characters will never get to see their home worlds again if they aren't dead in a ditch somewhere. my love interest the one I connected with most in 2/3 games dies horribly without so much as a thought or mention.

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I learned about those after finishing ME3, I wont be playing it again the story ultimately doesn't mean anything in the scale of your ship and its crew, I know all my beloved characters will never get to see their home worlds again if they aren't dead in a ditch somewhere. my love interest the one I connected with most in 2/3 games dies horribly without so much as a thought or mention.

/endrant
    Totally feel you on that. I just try and not let the destination mess up my view on the amazing journey that all three games had.

Totally feel you on that. I just try and not let the destination mess up my view on the amazing journey that all three games had.
    ^This. I enjoy the 100 or so hours a playthrough from ME1 to ME3 takes me and then just coast through the last several minutes of the parts I hate.

I hate Mordin going up that elevator as much as I hate the ending because it always made me cry. I was going "Darth Vader style" No! when I saw Grunt say "My turn" and charge in.

Then again, I cried with joy when I saw Grunt all covered up with ooze. Ravager blood/Swarmer Sac ooze.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I hate Mordin going up that elevator as much as I hate the ending because it always made me cry. I was going "Darth Vader style" No! when I saw Grunt say "My turn" and charge in.

Then again, I cried with joy when I saw Grunt all covered up with ooze. Ravager blood/Swarmer Sac ooze.
    I think Thane's death was the one that got me the most. That scene was just so moving. Shepard asking Kolyat why the last verse said "she" and Kolyat saying that his wish was for Shepard to find forgiveness. I was just like [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kHvmS.jpg[/IMG]

I think Thane's death was the one that got me the most. That scene was just so moving. Shepard asking Kolyat why the last verse said "she" and Kolyat saying that his wish was for Shepard to find forgiveness. I was just like [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kHvmS.jpg[/IMG]
    Ofcourse, in regards to that meme, you were not tearing up because Thane is cute, right?
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Legion's sacrifice got me. Was totally my favorite squadmate in ME2. And then he goes and asks Tali if the Geth have souls before disseminating himself among the Geth to give them true individuality...Pretty much the only reason I can't bring myself to pick Destroy.

Legion's sacrifice got me. Was totally my favorite squadmate in ME2. And then he goes and asks Tali if the Geth have souls before disseminating himself among the Geth to give them true individuality...Pretty much the only reason I can't bring myself to pick Destroy.
    no, he asked her "do I have a soul?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    no, he asked her "do I have a soul?"
    This, he was finally an individual, not just a shared entity. His first and last action as an independent lifeform was to sacrifice himself for his people. Was such an emotional moment for me.

Last edited by Valdorian; 2012-04-05 at 01:50 AM.

To top if off they add them to the memorial board on deck 3. So every time I go down there I'm reminded...

^ was great. Going to go watch the rest of them now.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-05 at 01:53 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    that was made by the same guy who did the indoctrination vids, which is honestly the only way to explain why the stupid ending(cause there really is only one) even exists.. otherwise were left with the brain damaging stupidity.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-04-05 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Ofcourse, in regards to that meme, you were not tearing up because Thane is cute, right?
    Well, he IS my love interest in one of my careers.... *shifty eyes*

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 04:05 PM ----------

I watched the destroy the geth option on YouTube and it was intense. Legion puts Shepard in a chokehold, saying it won't let Shepard decide the fate of the geth, and is uploading the code anyway. Tali stabs him in the back to save Shepard, and Legion falls to its knees, when a renegade interrupt comes up, which I can only assume causes Shepard to finish off Legion (never seen it). If the interrupt isn't taken, Legion says "Tali'Zorah... does this... unit... have..." and Tali responds "Yes. It does." with her voice breaking, and putting a hand on Legion's shoulder, then Legion collapses.

Same for the scenario when you can't convince the fleet to stop firing and let Legion upload the code anyway, and Tali commits suicide while apologizing to Shepard. That got me too. x.x
    Such good writing up until the endings!
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-04-05 at 02:09 AM.

Well, he IS my love interest in one of my careers.... *shifty eyes*

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 04:05 PM ----------

I watched the destroy the geth option on YouTube and it was intense. Legion puts Shepard in a chokehold, saying it won't let Shepard decide the fate of the geth, and is uploading the code anyway. Tali stabs him in the back to save Shepard, and Legion falls to its knees, when a renegade interrupt comes up, which I can only assume causes Shepard to finish off Legion (never seen it). If the interrupt isn't taken, Legion says "Tali'Zorah... does this... unit... have..." and Tali responds "Yes. It does." with her voice breaking, and putting a hand on Legion's shoulder, then Legion collapses.

Same for the scenario when you can't convince the fleet to stop firing and let Legion upload the code anyway, and Tali commits suicide while apologizing to Shepard. That got me too. x.x
    Such good writing up until the endings!
    I know I said it before, but I just would not be able to bring myself to choose between the two at all.