@Notos
    Well they have specifically stated now that endings will remain unchanged so indoctrination thoery is out the window anyway. That and what you said above pretty much buries it. There will be no further gameplay, just epilogues and movies. There's no way they could do the indoctrination route without anymore gameplay because the Reapers would win. The fleet would be blown up by the time Shep wakes up along with the crucible and the choice you made at the end of ME3 would be meaningless no matter what you picked.

Sadly I do believe now that we are indeed stuck with red,green,blue and all were getting is videos and text to explain the aftermath of our final choice on the choices we have made throughout the series.

For example in green or blue ending the Relays get rebuilt faster with the help of the Reapers and less people starve or whatever, but Shepard never sees his crew again. In the red ending, relays are rebuilt much slower because there are no Reapers or Geth to help and people die. But Shepard gets to live on with his crew, and we get to see what happens with him and his LI, possible kids. Other stuff we've done will dictate what species' survive the relay rebuilding period(like which crew members survived). Will the Krogan not kill themselves in the meantime? Does Palavan have enough left there to rebuild and not starve because we got the Krograns there in time? Will what's left of the Sol fleet turn on eachother? I have no idea how they are going to explain the Normandy leaving the battle without Shepard though.
    I'm probably wrong about the specifics in my example, but it will probably go down that path of thinking.

Each path will have it's own pros and cons that will hopefully be used in the next Mass Effect Series. That kind of stuff, at least I hope.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-06 at 12:20 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I hope they don't elaborate too much on the blue ending because I already know what happens.

Shepard: "Well, now that I have the endless resources of the Reapers at my disposal, I guess I'm off to solve the galaxy's problems. But first..."

2 days later...

Shepard: "Aww yeah, got me a sexy new robot body. Time to go find [love interest] so I can show off my...upgrades "

Mass Relays and the Citadel get rebuilt and Shepard and [LI] adopt 10 Krogan babies. Everybody gets together to party on the beach and buy Shepard drinks, because every single character has at some point in the series said that they owe him/her a drink. Shep and Garrus sit back and do some bromancing. The Reapers build Tali a fancy new house on Rannoch. Diana and Jacob are inexplicably tossed out an airlock.

--cut to credits--

Now that is a 100% completion ending.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodant View Post
    ***SPOILERS*** IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED THE GAME YET
    2. After you get shot by harbinger and stand up you can see trees and bushes that you couldnt see before. EXACTLY the same as those in your dreams chasing the kid.
    There are Tree's in the area before you get melted. They just aren't "on the path" but plenty of other things aren't on the path that suddenly are. Its just the limitations of the game not really meant to symbolize anything imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QGWPVh7Qco
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I hope they don't elaborate too much on the blue ending because I already know what happens.

Shepard: "Well, now that I have the endless resources of the Reapers at my disposal, I guess I'm off to solve the galaxy's problems. But first..."

2 days later...

Shepard: "Aww yeah, got me a sexy new robot body. Time to go find [love interest] so I can show off my...upgrades "

Mass Relays and the Citadel get rebuilt and Shepard and [LI] adopt 10 Krogan babies. Everybody gets together to party on the beach and buy Shepard drinks, because every single character has at some point in the series said that they owe him/her a drink. Shep and Garrus sit back and do some bromancing. The Reapers build Tali a fancy new house on Rannoch. Diana and Jacob are inexplicably tossed out an airlock.

--cut to credits--

Now that is a 100% completion ending.
    The Robo-shep appears and steals EDI from Joker lol. Then me and EDI rule the universe as the Reaper king and queen! /evil maniacal laugh.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-06 at 01:34 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Krogan have no fleets, you dont get to see geth/terminus/batarian fleets, and only asari, alliance and turian ships are fighting.
    I really hope they touch up the space battle cinematic.
    Quarian Live ships are shown. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tHIAibDr3yM#t=41s[/url] shows then in the Sol System. Also Geth are "shown" if they have peace with the Quarians. As Joker will say "Geth fleet reporting" after the scene with the Quarians. While they don't show their own ships or show any geth I think it is assumed that they are aboard the Migrant Fleet. As there is references do Geth joining Quarian Suits making it possible for them to adapt to their planet way faster then normal.

The Geth and Quarian are essentially one Race/Culture again.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Quarian Live ships are shown. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tHIAibDr3yM#t=41s[/url] shows then in the Sol System. Also Geth are "shown" if they have peace with the Quarians. As Joker will say "Geth fleet reporting" after the scene with the Quarians. While they don't show their own ships or show any geth I think it is assumed that they are aboard the Migrant Fleet. As there is references do Geth joining Quarian Suits making it possible for them to adapt to their planet way faster then normal.

Whaaa? It does show the Geth in their ships and it cuts to a Prime unit in a cockpit right before Joker says they are reporting in. At least for me it did.

And no they are not the same race/culture again. If you talk to Tali after the events on Rannoch she says that Quarian and Geth forces are keeping their distance from each other for the time being because there is still some tension there.

she also says something along the lines of "No, not friends...not yet. Just, allies."
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-04-06 at 01:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I am actually very happy with what they have announced. Although I would have wanted more like an expansion and to pay for the content because they deserve my money, I am happy with full closure and extended cut of what happens. As far as I am concerned, that is precisely a new ending.
    Bioware doesn't admit that, but it is a new ending because the unknown and completely vague will be answered and only the ending will be changed. The ending philosophy before was speculation for everyone, and this changes that completely. Either way, let's wait and see what it is. Cutting out the star kid is five minutes before the ending and doesn't real count. You might as well ask them to cut out the Illusive man.
    They aren't changing anything about the ending. They are providing Context for what goes on in the ending. The endings were never bad by themselves. The problem with the endings was that it provided no context for the Crash landing, Child AI's existence, Breathing scene after Red, and Data pad app mesages

Speculation is fine and there should still be plenty of that if Bioware does it right. Confusion and Speculation are two different things and you don't have to leave your Fans confused to allow them to Speculate.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The geth fleet is enormous, its alot more likely they just didnt show them in that outcome instead of them abandoning thier ships to board the migrant fleet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless pax reveals someting amazing , every bit of information i can find atm is just extra scenes i even found something where voice actors ( fem shep ) hasnt been contacted to do more lines. It looks like Bioware have offcially dug their grave with " Artistic expression " and with the relays destroyed and a b c choices pretty much killed the franchise post shepard Bioware are listening with ear plugs, in complete denial, singing as loudly as they can and flipping the bird at thier fans
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

I can't believe the space magic green ending is actually going to be plausible. It's the only ending I can't imagine how it's actually going to play out. So, like every species has the same genetic code now? Or is it that every species genetic code is partially synthetic now? How will this effect the Geth? How will this effect the various species? It made the Reapers not want to kill us anymore...so will we still act the same as humans? Will some species be able to breed with other species now? Will life spans be increased tremendously? How will will this choice even work? /shrug

Lot's of questions from me with that ending.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-06 at 02:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whaaa? It does show the Geth in their ships and it cuts to a Prime unit in a cockpit right before Joker says they are reporting in. At least for me it did.

And no they are not the same race/culture again. If you talk to Tali after the events on Rannoch she says that Quarian and Geth forces are keeping their distance from each other for the time being because there is still some tension there.

she also says something along the lines of "No, not friends...not yet. Just, allies."
    It does in Admiral Hackett Speach video, but not the fleet arrives in Sol video's. I think it's just assumed the Quarian fleet is mixed with the Geth Fleet at that point so they don't show them, though they still have joker saying "Geth fleet reporting in".

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I can't believe the space magic green ending is actually going to be plausible. It's the only ending I can't imagine how it's actually going to play out. So, like every species has the same genetic code now? Or is it that every species genetic code is partially synthetic now? How will this effect the Geth? How will this effect the various species? Will we still act the same as humans? Will any species be able to breed with any species now? How will will this even work? /shrug

Lot's of questions from me with that ending.
    I think it's sort of like Shepard, I guess? The god child mentions Shepard being part synthetic (assuming it refers to his/her cybernetic implants from Cerberus rebuilding him/her). But that's total guesswork on my part. To be quite honest, both the blue and green endings make little sense to me...which is why I always choose to destroy.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-04-06 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I think it's sort of like Shepard, I guess? The god child mentions Shepard being part synthetic (assuming it refers to his/her cybernetic implants from Cerberus rebuilding him/her). But that's total guesswork on my part. To be quite honest, both the blue and green endings make little sense to me...which is why I always choose to destroy.
    Well, if I remember right. With the green choice the child says that the essence of who Shepard is will be thrown across the galaxy. And it would change everyone's code to either be partially synthetic or biological since Shep is a cyborg. In short, a part of Shepard is put in every single organism and synthetic in the galaxy. Freaky shit, pass the weed plz.

Edit: I just thought, if a piece of Shep is in every Geth, as is a piece of legion. Wonder if they are chilling somewhere deep in all Geth minds. Happy thought
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-06 at 02:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well, if I remember right. With the green choice the child says that the essence of who Shepard is will be thrown across the galaxy. And it would change everyone's code to either be partially synthetic or biological since Shep is a cyborg. In short, a part of Shepard is put in every single organism and synthetic in the galaxy. Freaky shit, pass the weed plz.

Green ending is starting to draw to many similarities in my head to the later half of the Dune series for me, and I don't like it. It's just a crappier version.
    Freaky sure. But it is exactly what Legion does to make the Geth "reaper smart" while retaining their Free Will and "alive" like legion was. So it at least has some precedent in the Mass Effect Universe. Though the process is a little different for organics then it was for the Geth. Green is essentially a Galaxy Wide version of "Dragon's teeth" without the husk side effect.

The blue ending also has "precedent" in the research at Sanctuary on Eden Prime where they were controlling Reaper forces. The effects of the 3 endings were all hinted at during ME3. It really is why there only needs to be context given for the Normandy crash and some clarification/info about the choices and the AI to make the endings as good as any other ending. In my opinion of course since I never disliked the endings. I just didn't like having it spring out of almost nowhere.

Freaky sure. But it is exactly what Legion does to make the Geth "reaper smart" while retaining their Free Will and "alive" like legion was. So it at least has some precedent in the Mass Effect Universe. Though the process is a little different for organics then it was for the Geth. Green is essentially a Galaxy Wide version of "Dragon's teeth" without the husk side effect.

The blue ending also has "precedent" in the research at Sanctuary on Eden Prime where they were controlling Reaper forces. The effects of the 3 endings were all hinted at during ME3. It really is why there only needs to be context given for the Normandy crash and some clarification/info about the choices and the AI to make the endings as good as any other ending. In my opinion of course since I never disliked the endings. I just didn't like having it spring out of almost nowhere.
    I didn't dislike the other (ME1/ME2) endings, either. In fact, I thought they were amazing. But I hated the ME3 endings. I'm sure that's the case for a lot of the people who have issues with the ME3 endings as well.

It does in Admiral Hackett Speach video, but not the fleet arrives in Sol video's. I think it's just assumed the Quarian fleet is mixed with the Geth Fleet at that point so they don't show them, though they still have joker saying "Geth fleet reporting in".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwhBnCQamQ

at 0:51

That's what I'm talking about. Their fleet is massive.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-04-06 at 03:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwhBnCQamQ

at 0:51

That's what I'm talking about. Their fleet is massive.
    That only shows up if you don't have the Quarians on your side. If you have the Quarians on your side or you made peace with the Geth it shows the Quarian Fleet and only has joker saying "Geth reporting in". They don't show both Quarian and Geth Fleets if you have.

That only shows up if you don't have the Quarians on your side. If you have the Quarians on your side or you made peace with the Geth it shows the Quarian Fleet and only has joker saying "Geth reporting in". They don't show both Quarian and Geth Fleets if you have.
    I've made peace in every single playthrough I've done, and I've never seen anything of the quarian fleet.

Go to 2:50. If you have all the fleets, you get this battle video. The quarians are definitely there. It is kind of confusing though because Joker's like "Asari reporting in" and it's showing the quarian ships.

You do not actually see the Quarian ships engage though if you watch closely. You've never gotten that video though? That's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone used any texture improvement packs for Mass Effect 1?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mass-effec...provements-mod

How did they work for you? I heave heard that it riddles the game with bugs and missing dialogue.