Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Ofc they shouldn't stop working, it's their bloody job to make the game as good as they can before release. But why should I pay twice for this?
    ADDITONAL content is not the same as "making the game as good as they can before release". The process of releasing a game takes more than just dudes sitting around a computer. At some point you have to cut off what they churn out and then get it into production and shipment. This process is usually planned out months in advanced. That's why it's not really fair for you to say its extra content. It in no way shape or form prevents you from playing the game and was likely planned to be released as dlc months ago.

Even the work of bug fixing isn't based primarily on the programmers. It's the testers that do 99% of the work in the process of making bug fix patches. They test, and retest, and retest, and retest, and retest, over and over again, thousands of times, for one segment.

Not all bugs will be patched out of the game pre-launch, but the solution isn't having the programmers write more bug fix patches, because they would have no idea what's wrong if it wasn't for testers. If anything, the solution is hiring more testers.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's why it's not really fair for you to say its extra content. It in no way shape or form prevents you from playing the game and was likely planned to be released as dlc months ago.
    If there's only 2 different weapons and 2 companion NPCs in the entire game that probably doesn't prevent you from playing the game either, so I guess they should take all of that useless stuff out of the game and charge 10 bucks extra for every weapon and NPC. You don't really need them afterall.
    Hell they can just tell you about the whole "Reaper attacked Earth thing" in a short message on your screen, you don't really have to play it to get what's going on. So maybe they should have made the whole intro from the demo a DLC as well, because it doesn't really prevent you from playing the game if it's not there. Multiplayer isn't needed either, should be a DLC as well.

If there's only 2 different weapons and 2 companion NPCs in the entire game that probably doesn't prevent you from playing the game either, so I guess they should take all of that useless stuff out of the game and charge 10 bucks extra for every weapon and NPC. You don't really need them afterall.
    Hell they can just tell you about the whole "Reaper attacked Earth thing" in a short message on your screen, you don't really have to play it to get what's going on. So maybe they should have made the whole intro from the demo a DLC as well, because it doesn't really prevent you from playing the game if it's not there. Multiplayer isn't needed either, should be a DLC as well.
    Reductio Ad Absurdum. Multi-player was a feature advertised as part of the game. The single player campaign was and is also advertised as part. Characters are a part of that. The Prothean is not. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Reductio Ad Absurdum. Multi-player was a feature advertised as part of the game. The single player campaign was and is also advertised as part. Characters are a part of that. The Prothean is not. Simple as that.
    The Prothean is not... not what? Part of the game? Part of the single player? Not a character? We don't even know what characters, levels and weapons are actually part of the singleplayer game, not every single part of the game has an official announcement. Surely people wouldn't notice if they took some parts out and sold them as DLC later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Why does ME3 all of a sudden have a requirement to let you play as a Promethean?

They could have just as easily never told you that the possibility ever existed. I see DLC as content that would once have been scrapped or forgotten and instead it was saved because they use DLC to subsidize the cost without raising the overall cost of the game.
    I don't think a Prothean squad member would be something they'd have scrapped. Ever. The analogy of Dumbledore being scrapped from the Harry Potter books seems appropriate.

I never cared much for Zaeed, half of my playthroughs I don't even bother picking him up. But a Prothean? It would be the #1 on my list after getting through the (usually) mandatory first level every single time, right next to getting the ship under my own command, and poking my LI with a stick.

The Prothean is not... not what? Part of the game? Part of the single player? Not a character? We don't even know what characters, levels and weapons are actually part of the singleplayer game, not every single part of the game has an official announcement. Surely people wouldn't notice if they took some parts out and sold them as DLC later.
    The Prothean as a usable squad member is not a necessary part of the single player campaign. Characters in general are yes and I'm sure theirs a plethora for you to dick around with. The Prothean isn't one of them.

I'm a bit disappointed. If anything I was hoping they'd do what they did with ME2 and if you bought a new copy and entered in the code you'd get the free stuff like Zaeed.And Im still on the fence about buying it on one hand I want it because of how its a living prothean but im not sure if I want to contribute to the problem and let them know "Hey this ok ill still buy it".

Huh, interesting. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/9403705

From Michael Gamble, "As most of you know, yesterday there was a leak that revealed the upcoming DLC “ME3:From Ashes” on the
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace. This leak took place before we were prepared to make an announcement about the details of that pack (slated for this Friday).

There has been a lot of discussion about the DLC offering but we wanted to clarify a few things...

- “From Ashes” includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate
    appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

- The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete – and a huge game - right out of the box.

- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

- The Collectors Edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find (many players prefer not to purchase the digital version). As such, we wanted to make this content available so that SE buyers could also incorporate the Prothean into their game.

We’ll be releasing someimages and video about this pack in the coming days.

As always, we are extremely thankful for all of your support. We pulled out all of the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game ever, and we can't wait for you all to experience it.

Mike"

15+ Year Old Account
    I.. I hope this is not real...

where have i heard that voice before.....?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Except it's tied to your Origin account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I was wondering when the Rastafarian stereotype was going to show up. I really, really hope that's not the actual voice they're going to give Protheans.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Except it's tied to your Origin account.
    I suppose if we keep reposting this Tb vid EA/BW is supposed to do something about it? Oh look I did it to.

ohh God, not this vid again. INB4 TB drones incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    ohh God, not this vid again. INB4 TB drones incoming.
    The cynical fleet is everywhere over the internet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What most of you are forgetting is that ME3 was supposed to come out in late 2011. A logical explanation would be that this DLC was supposed to be released sometime in March, since the real game was supposed to be out in late 2011.

I hate the whole "Boycotting this OMGOMGOMG"
    You dont need this character. Its not vital to the MASS EFFECT 3 story. No DLC character is vital to the story. If it was any other character, no one would care. Just because its a Prothean does't mean that you need him in your team to have the best outcome. Garrus and Wrex FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    What most of you are forgetting is that ME3 was supposed to come out in late 2011. A logical explanation would be that this DLC was supposed to be released sometime in March, since the real game was supposed to be out in late 2011.

You dont need this character. Its not vital to the MASS EFFECT 3 story. No DLC character is vital to the story. If it was any other character, no one would care. Just because its a Prothean does't mean that you need him in your team to have the best outcome. Garrus and Wrex FTW.
    A voice of reason? On the internet? Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post

I don't disagree with you, but you need to remember that a lot of the people claiming to boycott the game have already ordered the CE and will be sitting at their PC at 11:59 waiting, like they had been for the past couple hours, for 12:01 so they can fire it up and play. People talk big on the internet and mostly never back it up with real life actions.