15+ Year Old Account
    Bored? As if there's not hundreds of other games to play instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not new ones. Maybe I have ADD but i cant play games like Call of Duty, or BF3 or WoW for months at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I currently have 50 games which I've bought but never played. Both new and old. And no, I don't play games for months as a time either. I play a game once, and never touch it again. I can't play games multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I don't know, I currently have 50 games which I've bought but never played. Both new and old. And no, I don't play games for months as a time either. I play a game once, and never touch it again. I can't play games multiple times.
    Same here. But Id rather play ME3 with or without that DLC than any of my unplayed games.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I haven't paid more than 10$ for a full game in years now, so even if I only get 5-8 hours from it that's still more than what I'd get from a DLC of the same price.
    I also haven't bought a single piece of DLC ever. They're just watered down expansion packs with 1/5th of the content but at half the price.
    This is the dumbest statement I've ever heard. DLC's for Call of Duty might apply to this. First off, Lair of the Shadow Broker is like 4-5 hours long, second, LotSB and Arrival are so crucial to the story it's not even funny. "Oh mah gah I paid X amount of dollars for a game, I shouldn't have to pay X more for extra content." Mass Effect DLC's are anything but watered down, and I'm sure "From Ashes" will be no different because of who is there and what he brings to the story.

By buying the collector's edition, we're basically paying for that content, so I don't know why all the regular edition bads are crying because they aren't getting that by default as well.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
    This is the dumbest statement I've ever heard. DLC's for Call of Duty might apply to this. First off, Lair of the Shadow Broker is like 4-5 hours long, second, LotSB and Arrival are so crucial to the story it's not even funny. "Oh mah gah I paid X amount of dollars for a game, I shouldn't have to pay X more for extra content." Mass Effect DLC's are anything but watered down, and I'm sure "From Ashes" will be no different because of who is there and what he brings to the story.

By buying the collector's edition, we're basically paying for that content, so I don't know why all the regular edition bads are crying because they aren't getting that by default as well.
    Because ppl always want free sh*t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Protheans haven't been relevant to the story since me1. Really they haven't. Their interesting lore characters and if the back story is all that important to you then I can see why your upset. However for the plot of me2 and likely me3 they will not play any significant roll. BUT THE COLLECTORS ARE CORRUPTED PROTHEANS! well they retconned that in but that still doesn't make them protheans. The protheans have been dead for thousands of years, in fact if that xbl wasn't leaked you wouldn't have known about it and it woulnd't have made a difference. They are not important to the actual plot of me2 in anyway and I suspect this was done purposefully so. They will also not likely be inportant to the actual narrative of me3. They are lore. Flavour to add to the story.

Frankly the Prothean may not even be worth buying. If hes a walking talking 10 dollar codex entry I don't see the value. In that case the Ronnie from Jersey Shore look alike character (vega i think?) is vastly more interesting...

Right... your post only confirmed what I expected. Just go back to CoD/Battlefield and keep shooting at whatever's red for no reason.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 06:07 AM ----------

They are not a backstory. From the very first game they are the reason why Shepard is fighting reapers to begin with. The very first vision in the very first game is a constantly ongoing plot mechanic that keeps dragging on making new questions and as such causes the main hero to do what he does. How can you call that a backstory when they are clearly the element of the mainstory?

Really enjoyed Mass Effect 1 and 2, but I feel like I might have to give this one a miss, or at least buy it used so that my money doesn't go back to the company that it came from. I just can't support EA anymore. Enough is enough. I don't really care what other people do with their money, but you shouldn't have to pay for DLC unless it is cosmetic-only. The extra gameplay and game-related stuff that the DLC provides should just come with the game...

It's different for MMOs and things with expansions because those are games that people play on a daily basis and need more content in order to keep playing. But with a single-player game, things should just be a one-time purchase. I can't stand paying for DLC. It makes me really sad, because it does look like a fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Really enjoyed Mass Effect 1 and 2, but I feel like I might have to give this one a miss, or at least buy it used so that my money doesn't go back to the company that it came from. I just can't support EA anymore. Enough is enough. I don't really care what other people do with their money, but you shouldn't have to pay for DLC unless it is cosmetic-only. The extra gameplay and game-related stuff that the DLC provides should just come with the game...

It's different for MMOs and things with expansions because those are games that people play on a daily basis and need more content in order to keep playing. But with a single-player game, things should just be a one-time purchase. I can't stand paying for DLC. It makes me really sad, because it does look like a fun game.

Then don't buy the DLC?

Heres my thoughts on the whole DLC fiasco.

--The entire thing is BS.
    Day 1 DLC like this is milking the franchise. It seems obvious that EA knows this is the last game of the main story line and are wanting to get every drip from it. They should have done it like the past where the DLC is free with a registered game.

--"Protheans=Backstory"
    This is just wrong. In Mass effect 1/2 protheans were backstory. They had a big impact on the universe, but had not so much to do with the main plot. The only real thing they did was create the conduit as well as the AI in ME1. However, a LIVING prothean is a HUGE deal. As far as we knew up until this point, protheans were extinct. If the character doesn't have a major role, then it is poorly written and not worth $10. If it does have a major role...it should have been in the main game.

With that said this doesn't upset me enough to not buy the game. It should still be a great game, and worth the main price. I probably will not get the DLC though.

Gamespy put out article I found really interesting about this situation

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/mass-effect-3/1219344p1.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandros View Post

4-5 hours extension to the story (DLC) is watered down compared to a 20+ hour extenson with extra gameplay mechanics (expansion). If DLCs would cost 1/5th of an expansion I'd be fine with them containing 1/5th of the content, but when they cost 1/3rd of an expansion I expect them to have 1/3rd of the content as well or I won't buy it.
    Last edited by Ishu; 2012-02-24 at 03:20 PM.

I was going to buy ME3 but after day-1 non-cosmetical DLC announcement i have changed my mind.I just dont see any good reason (except extra-profit) for not including prothean squadmember into standard edition of the game.No matter how significant or insignificant the whole thing is its an outrageous rip-off.

And talking about good DLCs: the best purchasable DLCs so far are GTA 4 episodes.Noone can argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    Then don't buy the DLC?
    Sure, but then there will be people who have it and have played the "complete" version of the game while I'm left with an apparently "incomplete" version. That's not fun. There's no reason for not providing DLC for free except to milk the buyers for every possible cent, and I can't support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    I was going to buy ME3 but after day-1 non-cosmetical DLC announcement i have changed my mind.I just dont see any good reason (except extra-profit) for not including prothean squadmember into standard edition of the game.No matter how significant or insignificant the whole thing is its an outrageous rip-off.

And talking about good DLCs: the best purchasable DLCs so far are GTA 4 episodes.Noone can argue with that.
    Anyone can? Terrible logic. Every game has DLC these days. Hell most of the people here pay 15 dollars a month to play a MMO and some of those pay Microsoft to play on Live as well. May as well pony up for the good shit on games you actually like.

TL;DR Quit whining, it's how games are

A living prothean is a HUGE deal if you have an interest in the Mass Effect lore.

I've already pre-ordered my N7 edition, but I respect the people who are boycotting it, because they have a valid point.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Day one DLC eh? Play without pay, that's what I say!

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    But you don't have to pay the other 10$........
    If I want the full experience I do. Please read the post you comment on...
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Deleted
    I've decided not to keep my pre-order. Not only due to the content, but the whole Marketing and adding DLC to basically everything. I wouldn't say I'm angry, more annoyed. Also canceled it since I'm planning to focus on getting HoM in Guild Wars with my brother and a friend which will occupy our gaming time for the next two months or more.

Maybe I've also just gotten tired of the EA/BioWare marketing machine which is starting to feel like a dictator shouting in your face endlessly. Or maybe I'm just getting old... :|