10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Both, ME1 and ME2, can be done under 40 hours and you still have few days before ME3 is released. Or you can download save editors and create new saves.
    If you decide to go with a fresh new char in ME3 (without any save editors or ME1/ME2 saves import) I suggest you look up the "default" choices your character made in ME1/ME2 (things like, have you saved the Council, is Ashley or Kaidan alive, etc.)
    Here you can find all default:
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Save_File_Transfer

The best thing you can do (and also the rest of you) is to play ME1 and ME2 again. You will refresh what exactly happened and you can also include reading comics, which add some info about characters and plot between/behind the games.
    You can do it in this order:
    Play: Mass Effect 1
    Read: Mass Effect: Redemption (prequel to ME2)
    Read: Mass Effect: Incursion (prequel to ME2)
    Play: Mass Effect 2
    Read: Mass Effect: Inquisition
    Play: Mass Effect 3

There are few more comics that you can go through if you find the previous ones interesting.
    Mass Effect: Evolution (if you want to know more about Illusive Man)
    Mass Effect: Conviction (sets after dlc Arrival)
    Mass Effect: Invasion (sets after ME2, story about Aria vs Cerberus)

You will know more about characters, universe, background story, etc. and comics won't take too long to read, it is only a few pages.
    *I didn't include books since they are much more time consuming and ME3 is here in no time.
    ** If you only want to play a different class in ME3, I believe there will be an option, just like with importing saves from ME1 to ME2, allowing you to change the class.
    Thanks for the info sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    The burden of showing evidence lies on Bioware. Sorry but it isnt players who asked for those shameless DRM and DLC practices.
    For all intent and purposes your post is much more of a tough guy then his giving how you belittle him.
    The burden of proof lies with you, not Bioware. You (and by you I generally mean people upset at the dlc content including total biscuit) have levied an accusation and in the system of jurisprudence common in the west, it is upon you to prove your charge. We both know you can't do that, simply because you don't have access to that information and also because it's not true that it was ripped out of the game. It was made after. The final game will bear this out. Since you can't prove it either way you are left with but one option, attempt to get the burden of proof off you and onto them. Not buying it and nobody cares. In effect players did ask for dlc practices by supporting it and downloading it and playing the shit out of them.

---------- Post added 2012-02-27 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    What would you call sufficient evidence to prove that Bioware made the From Ashes DLC with a separate team after the game was finished? Sorry if you feel my post came off as, "tough guy" but comparing someone to anything out of 1984 seems suspiciously related to the Reductio ad Hitlerum logical fallacy, and it find it real difficult to take that seriously.

I love it how the subject had been entirely dropped, and someone just had to come in and stir up the shit.
    Get used to it from now and until release unfortunately. Changing the topic once again though will lvl 20 be the cap limit in the full release version for the mp portion?>
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-02-27 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a good feature for MP would be once you hit a certain level, you get the ability to make custom race/class/skill combos.

Good news for PC users, we will be able to preload the game on March 2

Yes, Origin customers will be able to pre-load Mass Effect 3 starting around 10:00 am PST on the Friday before launch (so on March 2 in North America)
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...x/9447378&lf=8

In case you haven't registered to the newsletter, or haven't looked:

http://www.ea.com/uk/1/mass-effect-3...ial-episode-18

"The founders of BioWare, makers of Mass Effect 3, talk to us about making games the Bioware way.

Fem-Shep actress Jennifer Hale and Ali Hillis, the voice of Liara take us through the ins and outs of voice acting their characters in Mass Effect 3.

Producer Mike Gamble tells us what we can expect in Mass Effect 3 and beyond...?

We look at the making of the live action Mass Effect commercial and take a sneaky peek at the finished product."

I'll edit my post once I look through the over 19 minutes episode, and share what I thought about it.

edit:
    They didn't exactly announce anything new, but I would still label it "good ME3 candy". Nice to see how Liara from ME1 and her VA are so alike, and Jennifer Hale, the reason I prefer FemShep over its counterpart, as awesome as ever.
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-02-28 at 01:08 AM.

that reminds me. Kinect functionality. Anyone played with it? how's it work? add anything or take anything away from the game? Is it worth getting a kinect for?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    that reminds me. Kinect functionality. Anyone played with it? how's it work? add anything or take anything away from the game? Is it worth getting a kinect for?
    Worth getting a kinect for? Nah. It is just voice commands so you don't have to manually do it. There was a list of the available command someone put up earlier in the thread.

I picked up mass effect 2 last week (First mass effect game I've played) and I really enjoyed beat it on veteran then on insanity and I have to say my biggest griped and I hope it's not as bad in mass effect 3 is all the bugs. There were way to many terrain bugs where you end up running on top of something you weren't suppose to and get stuck(having charge helped with this), or Sheppard would randomly lock up on me and I would have to restart a mission.

Just played the demo on the PC. Pretty damn amazing, graphics look awesome, "talents" are interesting too. Have to agree with what others are saying with the whole "multi purpose button". That can get you killed randomly but .......... You get used to it.

Edit: Anyone know if you will be able to pre load the DLC too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only play ME3 if it's comes to Steam. EA has gone too far in my eyes with money grubbing lately. And yes i know companies need money and exist to make money but releasing an unfinished game and them making players pay for something that could be a huge part of the story is too much. That and a lot of their recent actions just seem like they care more about money than releasing a quality product that is complete.

DLC is fine but not what EA is doing this go around.

And for the people saying steam and Origin are no different. Other companies use Steam and their preferred method of DRM, so no big deal there. Idk this rant may not make sense to some but EA is now a boycotted game company till they stop doing what they are doing with ME3.

TB again, about ME3.

Interesting. Tb covers his ass so that when the game comes out and the Prothean is MEANINGLESS FLAVOR CONTENT THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON THE NARRATIVE OF MASS EFFECT 3 he can buy the game and talk about it without looking like a hypocrite. Well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    There is really no need to post that video since most of the people here won´t even bother to watch it and will probably bash it without even watching it like usual, but o well.

Tho I will say one thing.
    If the game is.. lets say 60 hours total, that 10$ DLC better be 6-10 hours worth of content since that would be the only way it would justify that 10$ price tag.

60 hours = 60$
    1 hour DLC content = 10$? I think not.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-02-29 at 01:10 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

stop with TB whining about ME3, it is getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I will only play ME3 if it's comes to Steam. EA has gone too far in my eyes with money grubbing lately. And yes i know companies need money and exist to make money but releasing an unfinished game and them making players pay for something that could be a huge part of the story is too much. That and a lot of their recent actions just seem like they care more about money than releasing a quality product that is complete.

And for the people saying steam and Origin are no different. Other companies use Steam and their preferred method of DRM, so no big deal there. Idk this rant may not make sense to some but EA is now a boycotted game company till they stop doing what they are doing with ME3.
    I'm pretty sure it's confirmed it won't be on steam. they're even removing games from there (dragon age 2 for example)

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    stop with TB whining about ME3, it is getting old
    it's easy to say it's getting old when they got a point

what got old is people defending bioware without any real arguments to support it, been happening since forever.
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's confirmed it won't be on steam. they're even removing games from there (dragon age 2 for example)

it's easy to say it's getting old when they got a point

what got old is people defending bioware without any real arguments to support it, been happening since forever.
    Oh their have been plenty of good arguments. Read through the thread yourself and stop making assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    A teammate you can use throughout the game is not 1 hour of content.

Also here's my pro guide to Krogan Soldiers in MP.

Target object, Carnage, Shotgun blast, repeat.

If ATLAS, use missile launcher.

Seriously, they're stupidly OP at tearing anything apart. :\
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post

So you're ok with steam because other companies use it and that's what sets it apart from origin? To me that just seems a bit of an odd justification. I really don't see a big difference between the two seeing as they are each required for certain games. No more money grabbing than what steam does with HL2 etc.

As to the "unfinished game" so far they've brought two games that I love and feel are far from incomplete, so I'm going to put my faith in bioware after they've stated this DLC isn't a huge aspect of the story. Considering we really don't know much at all about "From Ashes" surely you should wait before you jump on the hate train over it? I suspect there is a reason that they're not spilling the beans on why the DLC isn't that big a deal, and for me I've got a sneaking suspicion that it is because it's not the only Prothean and is just the squad mate Prothean.

Now I'm more than willing to accept that I may be wrong, seeing as I'm making some assumptions. But to me they're fair assumptions seeing as they've brought me two games that take pride of place on my shelf, games that have given me hours of enjoyment with excellent replayability. So I'm taking what I see as a small leap of faith. If it turns out I'm wrong so be it, but isn't it a bit early to jump down their throats?

A must watch in preperation for mass effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    TB again, about ME3.

I watched the video and what I have to say is very simple. I haven't respected TB's opinions since he said that there was nothing WoW could do to bring him back, and this has hardly given me reason to question that.

Day 1 DLC is a poor business practice. Not a deplorable practice, not even a horrible practice; it's bad but it's not terrible and when you're a company that constantly produces high quality games with great voice acting and fantastic story poor practices are easily overlooked. Online Passes are a deplorable practice, and I've only ever been stuck with 3 — all 3 of which I was unaware of when I purchased the game (Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Dragon Age 2, and Anno 2070) and if ever I find a game I want that's going to use an Online Pass, I have no intention to buy it, and I'm about 99% that if it was tried Online Passes would be illegal. The one exception I find to these Online Passes is the "Cerberus Network", which provided more than just content already on the disc for free; eventually offering Free DLC to people who used it.

As for the squadmate who comes with From Ashes, I suspect he will be closer to Zaaed than anything else and Zaaed was not critical, or even important, to the game.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.