Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    All you can do is keep being positive I guess. I think Bioware has taken the right course so far. They've changed their release and development cycle to reflect peoples upset feelings about the ending, in the mean time their giving us free content to play around with. That's good for people, alot of people. In fact even the announcement of the rebellion pack on facebook had it's trolls but they were overwhelmed by the positive messages from people.
    Indeed. I tip my hat for their patience and methods to calm down the people who are displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I tried playing as Femshep recently. I just can't do it. Broshep seems to be the only one I can play as. I think i'm a minority.

Anyway, need to get my perfect play through started so I can get the best ending ready. I'm ok with the rubbish (imo) endings as when I do a play through I stop after Anderson dies. Then I exit the game and in my eyes Shepard gets a halo shoots Harbringer in the face and rolls off with Tali to make weird alien baby things.

Hm I'm completely opposite, I CANNOT play male shep, his voice actor is just boring and not emotional at any point really. Jennifer hale is just an amazing voice actress and really makes me care about the story much more.

It's fucking sad. I follow me2 on facebook and they post information about dlcs and weekend events. Every single conversation devolves into a dispute about the ending. They're literally giving people free upgrades and content and the only thing people can do is argue about the ending.
    What can i say most people are just sad and cant think for either themself or outside the box.
    Most people on there dont have their own opninion so they just follow the ones who have a big enough mouth to screem.

This reminds me of a quote ingame. from Garrus and it goes like this.

Garrus: Just followed your example, Shepard. Yell loud enough, and someone will eventually come over to see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    What can i say most people are just sad and cant think for either themself or outside the box.
    Most people on there dont have their own opninion so they just follow the ones who have a big enough mouth to screem.

This reminds me of a quote ingame. from Garrus and it goes like this.

Garrus: Just followed your example, Shepard. Yell loud enough, and someone will eventually come over to see what all the fuss is about.
    Garrus is such a bro. Honestly it's hard to say why exactly Garrus is one of my fav video game characters of all time but theirs something about hows hes acted and written. He's an alien but he honestly feels like someone you could know who lives right around the corner. You know on further reflection I think all the characters are like that to an extent and that comes through the most in the 3rd game.

I'm not sure if any of you were fans of ST:TNG but the lead character on that show Captain Picard was able to be a really effective diplomat and handle all these alien races because he understood their essential humanity. Picard was a bit of a renaissance man and I think because of that he could understand the underlying humanity of the various races. The one exception was his greatest nemesis, the borg who are removed from their basic humanity much like the reapers. That's what comes through in ME3. While alot of the characters are aliens they retain a certain degree of humanity in them. You can find aspects in each of them that you could in any person on the street and they become real and alive because of this. Shepard like Picard I think understands this and that's why hes able to deal with them effectively as well. I think BW also understands this to a degree as well and that's why they write such compelling characters.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-05-24 at 07:48 PM.

Star trek comparisons?

I'd say Shep is more Kirk than Picard in my opinion. But I understand your premise about empathy with the alien races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always tried to play Shep more thoughtfully than Kirk although I see your perspective. He's definitely more action oriented than Picard.

Deleted
    Hmm...
    A star trek season featuring the normandy with Captain Shepard?
    He will explore the far reaches of the galaxy and beyond after ending the reapers, going where no asari has gone before.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-24 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably closer to Riker I guess. He's a commander for one, more action oriented. As an aside I always thought the standard da2 male hawk looked alot like commander riker, so much so I tried to replicate it in me3.

Deleted
    He's probably closer to Riker I guess. He's a commander for one, more action oriented. As an aside I always thought the standard da2 male hawk looked alot like commander riker, so much so I tried to replicate it in me3.
    Commander Shepard and Commander Riker would make a great team.

The new biotic power in the Rebellion pack looks awesome. As does the scope on that Krysae sniper rifle. Yay for new stuff to bring MP back to life!

Now if only they'd add some side story DLC for single-player and the extended cut DLC, I'd be a very happy kitty indeed.

Ya, that sniper rifle piqued my interest. I played infiltrator through all three games but I found it a bit too difficult in MP. That scope would make it at least somewhat easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    Ya, that sniper rifle piqued my interest. I played infiltrator through all three games but I found it a bit too difficult in MP. That scope would make it at least somewhat easier.
    I found it to be very easy as infiltrator in ME3 especially now i have that awsome N7 sniper rifle instead of the normal widow but yeah all in all the only character i play most of the time is infiltrator

The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    I found it to be very easy as infiltrator in ME3 especially now i have that awsome N7 sniper rifle instead of the normal widow but yeah all in all the only character i play most of the time is infiltrator
    Infiltrator is so overpowered. oneshotting most mobs, just go into cloak and run away if they get up close and personal.
    Firing powers without breaking cloak is ridiculous.
    With that +50% melee damage bonus, i would love a krogan infiltrator...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Infiltrator is so overpowered. oneshotting most mobs, just go into cloak and run away if they get up close and personal.
    O that would be awsome, i`m using a my geth infiltrator now but krogan.. hell yes

10+ Year Old Account
    O that would be awsome, i`m using a my geth infiltrator now but krogan.. hell yes
    That's like a . . . tauren rogue lol
    Putin khuliyo

It may have something to do with the very first time stepping foot into MP being on an infiltrator with crappy weapons and fairly low level. I died constantly, not knowing the layout or the real point...and I couldn't kill anything thanks to my crappy weapons. >.> In contrast I went in on a Salarian engineer, which was the first character card I unlocked, and had a helluva lotta fun killing things left and right while simultaneously not dying. *shrug*

Edit - Now that I think back, I also remember being killed by dudes up close and personal while trying to line up shots. I couldn't help but think the other party members who weren't infiltrators should have been watching my back. >.>
    Last edited by Iyotanka; 2012-05-25 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's this new objective there adding for multiplayer i heard about? Will it be part of the new free DLC? or is it something separate that they're making later? I just heard some guy talking about it yesterday on Live but couldn't really hear him.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    If you're spec has a sniper rifle and your tactical cloak with your final point being fire 1 power without breaking cloak... you're doin it wrong. The bonus damage you get from being stealth lasts 1-2 seconds after coming out of cloak, and you're just giving up extra damage on your sniper shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    What's this new objective there adding for multiplayer i heard about? Will it be part of the new free DLC? or is it something separate that they're making later? I just heard some guy talking about it yesterday on Live but couldn't really hear him.
    Its not a new objective, its just new to multiplayer. The objective deals with finding a target then defending the target while you try to get it to the extraction/pickup spot. It is just like the mission on Benning. Though I bet there is a greater chance of the civilians dying, or maybe not.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/N7:...rus_Abductions
    "Upon talking to the civilians, your goal now is to defend them as they move towards the landing pad for extraction. Initially the civilians will stay where you found them but then move into the battle field. Luckily, the civilians will stay under cover and appear resilient to damage. "[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    If you're spec has a sniper rifle and your tactical cloak with your final point being fire 1 power without breaking cloak... you're doin it wrong. The bonus damage you get from being stealth lasts 1-2 seconds after coming out of cloak, and you're just giving up extra damage on your sniper shot.
    You are not doing it wrong. Because with that power evolve you can use a power and still have you cloak. It still allows for you to fire multiple shots with the cloak bonus. You are doing it wrong if you don't take that evolve.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-05-25 at 08:55 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Garrus is such a bro. Honestly it's hard to say why exactly Garrus is one of my fav video game characters of all time but theirs something about hows hes acted and written. He's an alien but he honestly feels like someone you could know who lives right around the corner. You know on further reflection I think all the characters are like that to an extent and that comes through the most in the 3rd game.
    Did you read the Shadow-broker file on him? It was pretty heart-breaking esepcially as in my galaxy he was killed on the collector-base run.