Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Yeah, if you have a team willing to rush through it, it's quite fun, but the lack of maps and gamemodes will probably be its downfall soon. Gotta admit, I love playing Engineer, melting faces with high-powered Incinerates, Drones and Overloads TECH BURST BOOM
    I'm actually enjoying being an Adept for the multiplayer games since my single player character is a Vanguard. Gives a nice change. But yeah, gotta see how long I'll actually have some interest towards this. So far it's been a pretty nice way to pass the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't do any damage as adept on multiplayer...the weak ones with no health die quick...but all my powers deal like 1 bar of damage each hit to everything else >.<'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I can't do any damage as adept on multiplayer...the weak ones with no health die quick...but all my powers deal like 1 bar of damage each hit to everything else >.<'
    I've been lucky to team up with Vanguards and Engineers most of the time, so I'm just usually on the sidelines to give support with Singularity and Warp. But I kinda like it. I might try some of the other classes for this as well, but Adept hasn't been a huge shocker to get used to the multiplayer. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    After reading on the Bioware forums, the idea that the ending is an indoctrination induced trip is becoming more and more plausible to me. It certainly solves all the inconsistencies such as breathing in space and the Illusive Man appearing out of nowhere. If the BSN theory is true, then the synthesis and control endings are the Reapers winning because Shepard becomes indoctrinated, while the destroy ending is Shepard destroying the Reaper infection in his own mind just like in the mission with Legion. It makes an odd sort of sense.
    If that theory does prove to be true, then it makes me happy. But I still wouldn't appreciate that from Bioware, making us buy DLC in order to get the true conclusion.

After reading on the Bioware forums, the idea that the ending is an indoctrination induced trip is becoming more and more plausible to me. It certainly solves all the inconsistencies such as breathing in space and the Illusive Man appearing out of nowhere. If the BSN theory is true, then the synthesis and control endings are the Reapers winning because Shepard becomes indoctrinated, while the destroy ending is Shepard destroying the Reaper infection in his own mind just like in the mission with Legion. It makes an odd sort of sense.
    That would just make me angrier. I buy a game to get the game. Not to get some incomplete pile of crap that fills me with rage and then have to pay more just to get a reasonable conclusion to what I've already purchased.

Oh EA/Bioware, I am very disappointed (but not even remotely surprised).

Yeah, Adept suffers the most from the global ability cooldown induced for each ability use. Vanguard is kinda the middleground between Soldier and Adept. He has Pull and Shockwave to deal with minor targets and loads of talents to boast his weapon damage to deal with harder enemies.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Oh EA/Bioware, I am very disappointed (but not even remotely surprised).

omg, is that for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I may have another explanation to the whole ending problem

In the epilogue a man is seen explaining that this was the story of Shepard to his grandson. He also says something along the lines of the details of what happened being lost to time so could it be that the entire trilogy was his interpretation of an age old legend?

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    So I may have another explanation to the whole ending problem

In the epilogue a man is seen explaining that this was the story of Shepard to his grandson. He also says something along the lines of the details of what happened being lost to time so could it be that the entire trilogy was his interpretation of an age old legend?
    Theres also the theory that the entire trilogy is false, and just a story by the old man. Along with another mystery, is that the boy asks for another story, which could hint at more ME games? Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Lord Bale; 2012-03-11 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    omg, is that for real.
    Not to mention they leaked the protheans voiceacted lines like, what, 6 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Yeah, Adept suffers the most from the global ability cooldown induced for each ability use. Vanguard is kinda the middleground between Soldier and Adept. He has Pull and Shockwave to deal with minor targets and loads of talents to boast his weapon damage to deal with harder enemies.

I have played nothing but adept and that class is just sickening.

First of all, carry ONE weapon (pistol or smg), not TWO and definitely not AR, Shotgun or Sniper. The reasoning behind this is to get your recharge speed to 200%.

Second, put a scope on your weapon. You can still arc powers while zoomed in and shooting.

Third, use combos. If the mob has NO shielding do singularity first, then warp. If they have shielding, using warp and bullets until it's gone, then singularity and warp combo.

Finally, until you have singularity and warp maxed out just use bullets and your biotics as much as possible. The way I play is using warp or singularity the moment it's ready. Think of yourself like a caster and not a gun user. Cast bio's first, shoot second. Singularity/warp combo is powerful enough to kill any mob that is not shielded (at least on bronze and silver).

You can't play too aggressively. You need to run when mobs are near you and get away and in cover.

What makes Adepts so powerful on top of all of that is how you combo with other classes or even more adepts. Anyone with a biotic debuff on them will basically detonate when warp hits them. Last night we played 3 adepts and a sentinel. It was just orbital bombing. Mobs never even got near us and most armored units died in about 15 seconds. My singularity recharge speed is 1.1 second and my warp recharge is 1.5. I do nothing but sling and arc bios.

Not comboing biotics will make the class seem really bad.
    Not having 200% recharge speed will make the class seem really bad.
    Using your gun more than your bios will make the class seem really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Hitler has found out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=b33tJx8iy0A#!

Who else wanted to see Tali without her mask ><
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    Hitler has found out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=b33tJx8iy0A#!

Who else wanted to see Tali without her mask ><
    I did, but I think it's nice that they didn't. One of those "little mysteries" that really adds some depth to the game.

Also: Thank you Hitler, for expressing how I felt about those endings.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That also explains why you get sent right back to before the last mission. Think of it, you'll get some DLC released, finish the mission again and then the DLC triggers? If this is the case, I hope they release it SOON :x

I actually have a lot of hope left for this game now that I've read a lot of the indoctrination speculations. They have some really good proof behind them, not to mention it makes sense of why the current endings are so whack. I imagine we have DLC endings in the future (possibly even free b/c of how pertinent they are to the story and it would pretty much squash any bad feelings that were had over the prothean business). Seeing how Shepard could not miraculously survive crashing to Earth after the Citadel explodes, it only makes sense that he/she is waking up after being knocked out by Harbinger. The whole whacky TIM and Catalyst endings atm are just Harbinger fucking with Shepard's head. I imagine the ends will still be played out as they are now, but destroying the reapers option will trigger the DLC endings to continue to the true end. What that may be? Who knows at this point, but think about it....the "destroy the reapers" in the "indoctrination" scenario effectively translates to conquering Harbinger's indoctrination which then leads to Shepard waking up in rubble where he/she was blown to by Harbinger initially. Perhaps we'll then see Shepard get up and make way to the real portal and not the one in his/her head, beam up to the Citadel for real this time and activate the real Crucible. Maybe we'll even have to deal with a Harbinger controlled TIM before accessing the panel? /shrug All in all much more hopeful than I was when I first beat the game.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

So i just finished the game with that "good" ending.

And in my last battle i had EDI and Javik with me.

So there's this almost final cutscene with Normandy crashing on this jungle planet and then Joker, Traynor and [U]Javik[/U] come out of Normandy.

What the fack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I did, but I think it's nice that they didn't. One of those "little mysteries" that really adds some depth to the game.

Also: Thank you Hitler, for expressing how I felt about those endings.
    Except they did show Tali's face in the game. If you have her as a love interest and if you choose to help the Geth while forsaking the Quarians, she commits suicide and you get a picture in your cabin showing her face.

**SPOILER** http://social.bioware.com/forums/for...ndex/9658925/1 **SPOILER**

Bioware photoshopped a stock image from gettyimage and revealed Tali's face....

The way mordin/thane died in my playthrough was very sad, yet satisfying. At least I know what happened to them.

The other members/NPCs.... well... ??
    I chose synthesis and Joker has circuit linings on his skin(I guess proving that he is a semi-synthetic life form) but seems like he still suffers from Vrolik syndrome (or maybe hes just too used to walking that way that even after he turns semi-mech he cant break the habit)
    EDI walks out with him..but she was on London with me when harbringer came and destroyed the troops save for myself and Anderson...
    My LI is nowhere to be seen and no text epilogue like what they did with DA:O (which would have sufficed tbh if they couldnt make cut scenes for every single situation) All in all the game itself was great but the ending was very unsatisfying...if I put it nicely. (The context of the ending itself is not very well explained either)

Oh, and the whole kai leng business was distasteful until the moment I stabbed him in the gut with my omniblade. very bad antagonist to say the very least :/

I don't know if I can get myself to replay the game for the achievements... knowing the ending :/
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-03-11 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Is it just me or does it look way too much like a regular human?
    Here's the Original: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...mage/123488108