nobody better take mordin in that posse thats forming up!!! he's myne!!!
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk about Jacob and his daddy issue made me thinking.
    I realized almost every squad mate has parental issues of some sort, more so Shepard helps to resolve them - more so - violently, especially as Renegade:
    1. Liara had a Mommy issue. Shepard kills her mother. Then Liara had a Daddy issue. Resolved non-violently.
    2. Ashley had Daddy issue (the curse - which she overcame).
    3. Garrus had Daddy issue (Daddy played by the book, Garrus - by cliff notes)
    4. Wrex had Daddy issue (he killed him, really, right there where you are standing at, Shepard.)
    5. Tali had Daddy issue (thank god Shepard didn't have to kill him)
    6. Miranda had a HUGE GIGANTIC DADDY ISSUE that took 2 games to resolve. Shepard is involved in her daddy death.
    7. Jacob had Daddy issue. Shepard is involved (Even can kill him or make Jacob kill him as Renegade)
    8. Samara/Morinth had Daughter/Mommy issue. Resolved violently by Shepard either way.
    9. Thane had Son issue. Resolved by Shepard (I don't remember if Shepard can kill his son, instead of just hurting him).
    10. Grunt had Daddy and Mother-Tank issue. Daddy dies due to Shepard involvement. Mother-Tank... well it had been opened.
    11. Vega had Daddy issue (in comics).

The only squad mates that stand out are:
    1. Jack - who is herself the one big Whatevery issue.
    2. Katsumi - who you know nothing about. Not to mention issues, apart from that holo.
    3. Mordin - who is weird even by Salarian standards. Quite unique too, someone else might've been weird wrong.
    4. Legion - who are/is The Geth.
    5. Javik - who is The Prothean. Embodiment of Fucking Vengeance.
    6. EDI - who was a sex toy in ME2 and then a Sex Bot in ME3. Joker's love interest. (Also she was that crazy lunar VI in ME1, a BDSM toy)

P.S. Kaidan always dies (bravely and quite spectacular, those fireworks...) on Virmire in my playthroughs.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-02-19 at 07:39 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I mean, really? That's what the Jacob hatred originates from? That he moved on?

Damn, my family therapist sense is tingling. Though what Jacob did would be a huge debate about what "twue wuv" is and let's just say bringing chemicals into the mix may end up explosive.

Meh. He a playa. Jacob just improved in my eyes. I already liked him because of his daddy issues.
    Seriously, he managed to go through that shit without becoming a stripper. Jacob is da man!
    I disliked like Jacob because I never really liked his personality when I met him. Idk why, but I just never warmed up to him really and then I saw his romance through youtube...and no thanks. I'm not really a fan of being consider "DA PRIIIZZEEEE" so yeah that's where my personal dislike comes from. Though I do think the whole thing in Me3 is kind of a dick move, it wasn't what sparked my Jacob dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I mean, really? That's what the Jacob hatred originates from? That he moved on?

Damn, my family therapist sense is tingling. Though what Jacob did would be a huge debate about what "twue wuv" is and let's just say bringing chemicals into the mix may end up explosive.

Meh. He a playa. Jacob just improved in my eyes. I already liked him because of his daddy issues.
    Seriously, he managed to go through that shit without becoming a stripper. Jacob is da man!
    I didn't really mind Jacob, I just found him sooo forgettable. For example when I saw the art Andrew Ryan made for "Dragon Effect" it took me around a week to realize that he never bothered drawing a Jacob Dragon Age Character. I never really took him on missions either because he was just so uninteresting, that being said I found him to be a pretty nice guy (in ME2), but then he pulled kind of a dick move with potential cheating on FemShep in ME3 and then he pretty much was dead to me (not that he was ever really alive in the first place).
    Last edited by Cat1337; 2013-02-19 at 08:53 PM.

My dislike of Jacob stems from the first conversations with him, in which being nice to him resulted in him comign off as too flirty for me. I just didn't like him. In all three games he is my LEAST favorite squad mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    In all three games he is my LEAST favorite squad mate.
    Same here, with Ashley following in a very close second. lol

i have to say i hate vega the most followed by ashley as a close second (still saved her on virmire cause i thought i could give her an atitude adjustment)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i have to say i hate vega the most followed by ashley as a close second (still saved her on virmire cause i thought i could give her an atitude adjustment)
    I honestly didn't really mind Vega all that much, although I didn't ever take him on any mission where I wasn't forced to. The only thing I HATED about him is his pronunciation of any Spanish words. My ears were bleeding from how awful it sounded, I'm also pretty sure Freddie Prinze Jr. is fluent in Spanish....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    LOL James and Ashley is actually my favourite squad combination in ME3. I dunno but I never quite liked Kaidan and Ash was never that bad so she is alive in almost every playthrough.

I also like Ash and Garrus in my squad. Vega is kinda cool because everytime I see him I think of Freddie Prinze Jr. with those big muscles (his VA and body model albeit Freddie has no muscles). Freddie is amazing and so is Vega
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-19 at 09:35 PM.

my squad combination for me2 was always miranda and grunt/legion. for me3 it was liara and javik. biotic detonations galore with my superpowered guns shreading whatever remained

I never really minded Ashley. Far from my favorite, but I didn't find her as annoying as Kaiden or Jacob. James I don't dislike, but he was always just boring to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I never really minded Ashley. Far from my favorite, but I didn't find her as annoying as Kaiden or Jacob. James I don't dislike, but he was always just boring to me.
    I love that James calls my Shep "Lola" and I think thats kinda sweet. I love the spanish words he uses and especially some of his nicknames (Tali is Sparks which is very cute, Liara is Doc, Garrus is scars and so on)

I like Vega too. Downloaded that anime of his as well, which was ok too. Ok it was sort of like a teen slasher movie. Still liked it though.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I liked Vega as well. Vega and Garrus probably have the best conversations in the game.

Deleted
    I am still wondering why James was no romance option for FemShep. I mean Steve Cortez is romancable by MaleShep so I really don't know why James was excluded.

Maybe because we got Traynor as new gay romance?

James actually ended up being one of my favorite characters. Not sure why I just really liked him in the end. I didn't at first but he ended up working his way into my heart places.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I am still wondering why James was no romance option for FemShep. I mean Steve Cortez is romancable by MaleShep so I really don't know why James was excluded.

Maybe because we got Traynor as new gay romance?
    I would say it was to keep the counts equal but if I counted right, Female is one behind Male as far as romance options go (I included pseudo-romance options like Kelly and Samara/Morinth).

Maybe they just thought it would be better to have him as the goofy flirt, I dunno. I would've loved to have him as a romance option for my FemShep, even one of those pseudo-romance options that end up being more of a friends with benefits deal.

Deleted
    His goofy flirting attempts are pretty cute and I had to laugh at that scene where he gets that tatoo. My FemShep would like to date him.

I was kinda bummed when I found out that ME3 only added strict gay romances with the new crew mates Sam and Steve and no hetero romance (I do not count Allers as thats just a one-night-stand)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The fem shep crew probably hate him. He ditched her and got some tramp up the duff.

I'm a Bro shep player and straight. So I have no issues with Jacob. Hes ok.

Since Garrus is taken I will be legion. Hes bad ass.
    Playing a FemShep is not even remotely the reason I hate Jacob.

I hate Jacob because he's a dull character.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I disliked like Jacob because I never really liked his personality when I met him. Idk why, but I just never warmed up to him really and then I saw his romance through youtube...and no thanks. I'm not really a fan of being consider "DA PRIIIZZEEEE" so yeah that's where my personal dislike comes from. Though I do think the whole thing in Me3 is kind of a dick move, it wasn't what sparked my Jacob dislike.
    The problem with Jacob is that he is just a side character that was trying to be a main character. I really wish they would have given a choice for Jacob or Miranda to be the "lead" in the Cerberus side of it. It just doesn't make sense to have both of them on board and then give almost all of the Cerberus representation to Miranda.

I actually liked him more in ME3 as you saw more of his character and the story just seemed to be better over all. There is just something about his ME2 story that just doesn't feel "good" to me. I can't really place it though to put it into specifics.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacob was an alright person. He was the person who wanted to follow in Shepard's footsteps. After seeing his success as a solo operative with a crew. They created a program that was like him (Corsairs I believe), which Jacob participated in. But since Jacob was not a Spectre, he was caught in a little bit of red tape. Which eventually led to his participation with Cerberus.

As for the Squadmate choices. I have been the Tali fanboy and always gone with her when possible. I swear it's the suit and dem hips.