Deleted
    I stand corrected then Would have been nice to get a comic in that early spaceflight era tho.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Or they just use real metal objects. Much like the Cabal and Phantom use actual metal objects rather then omni-tools.
    Phantoms use mono-molecular blades, calling them "metal objects" only valid if you want to focus on material. Otherwise - these blades are not simple metal knives or swords. They are more effective than omni-tool.
    Cabals use gauntlet blades to deliver poison, and I'm pretty sure it's similar to mono-molecular blades, otherwise it won't penetrate armor. Again metal object only in regards to material.

In the picture we see somewhat crude metal objects. They are less convenient than omni-tool

You said they might have been confiscated, then why knives are not?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I... am SO not used to my galactic readiness being over 50%.

Deleted
    This game sounds interresting, but should i play 1 and 2 before i play this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexz0r View Post
    Definitely.

Just got the M-7 Lancer. It's a pretty awesome gun, just took some getting used to the cooldown system again and not run to the ammo box after every wave....in other news the Cerberus Harrier still hates me.
    Last edited by Cat1337; 2013-03-04 at 12:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You said they might have been confiscated, then why knives are not?
    Low tech, smuggled in. Made from materials in the area. Shanks, shivs, etc. And a mono-molecular blade is still a metal object and not a disposable silicon-carbide flash forged blade that you call up at will. I don't get why you call them crude when nothing about their materials or nature can be determined from a simple picture. They are common melee and brawling weapons. The guy has a bladed knuckle duster and the girl a standard knife.

Knives and other non omni-tool weapons are common in the comics and books but don't make an appearance much in the game (Beyond phantoms, Turian Cabal and ballistic blades).
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-03-04 at 01:30 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    Definitely.

Just got the M-7 Lancer. It's a pretty awesome gun, just took some getting used to the cooldown system again and not run to the ammo box after every wave....in other news the Cerberus Harrier still hates me.
    I'd swap

Only use it only Justicar really, and Lancer would probably be better to spam Reave more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    I'd swap

Only use it only Justicar really, and Lancer would probably be better to spam Reave more
    Yeah, I probably wouldn't use the Harrier much, but I must have it! It's empty slot in my N7 HQ weapons page keeps mocking me..

Absolutely. Nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Unless you use a save editor (and what fun is that?) the default choices are some of the worst choices imaginable. ME1 is a bit clunky, but its good, and ME2 is my personal favorite.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    So I know a lot of the people in this thread are tired of the Ending discussion but I think this should be put here.

http://pastebin.com/As56n6C5

I can't help but agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yes. Unless you use a save editor (and what fun is that?) the default choices are some of the worst choices imaginable. ME1 is a bit clunky, but its good, and ME2 is my personal favorite.
    After playing through ME1 again. It got to the point where I skipped a lot of the side missions just to be done with the game. I failed to realize how much I hate the Maco.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    After playing through ME1 again. It got to the point where I skipped a lot of the side missions just to be done with the game. I failed to realize how much I hate the Mako.
    HEATHEN! l

10+ Year Old Account
    HEATHEN! l
    I explored the entirety of the known universe before going into Feros and Noveria. I didn't care to use the Mako anymore. I completed the majority of the side missions, just not any that were involved after the two missions.

From playing the original ME1. My Engineer is a BroShep who gets things done no matter the cost (Ruthless). To the point where I am a Renegade, but not max Renegade.

Edit: I also tend to play multiplayer while listening to the ME3 soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEATHEN! l
    Those missions sucked we all know it! It's a big reason why I have only 60 hrs played in ME1, yet 200 hrs played in ME2. ME3 is over 100 now, but doesnt really count with MP.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Low tech, smuggled in. Made from materials in the area. Shanks, shivs, etc.
    1. No matter what tech - would've been detected and confiscated.
    2. Those do not look like shanks, shivs, etc. Couldn't be made in the area. Area is in space. To make those you need at least a forge, an anvil and a smithing tools - which themselves could be used as weapons.
    And a mono-molecular blade is still a metal object and not a disposable silicon-carbide flash forged blade that you call up at will.
    Pre-made mono-molecular blade is a metal object as much as on-demand forged omni-tool's blade is a silicon-carbide object. Material and means of fabrication are the only difference.
    Both items are high-tech. MM blade being the most effective of both. Otherwise Phantoms would've used omni-blades
    I don't get why you call them crude when nothing about their materials or nature can be determined from a simple picture. They are common melee and brawling weapons. The guy has a bladed knuckle duster and the girl a standard knife.
    Crude - relative to the tech of MM blade and omni-tool.
    Knives and other non omni-tool weapons are common in the comics and books but don't make an appearance much in the game (Beyond phantoms, Turian Cabal and ballistic blades).
    I read every ME comics, I don't remember a lot (at all) of basic combat knives and gauntlets in them. As for in-game - even dumbed-down marooned crew of Jacob's father used guns.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    1. No matter what tech - would've been detected and confiscated.
    2. Those do not look like shanks, shivs, etc. Couldn't be made in the area. Area is in space. To make those you need at least a forge, an anvil and a smithing tools - which themselves could be used as weapons.
    Just like EDI was detected as an AI when she entered the Citadel. Remember AI's are banned on the Citadel but she was still able to walk around freely because she was smuggled in as a Disability Assistance Mech. Not everything is detected or confiscated. If authorities are just looking for high tech items it would be even easier to smuggle in a low tech item.

They are not in space, they are on a station or a ship. Anything that can be produced on the ground can easily be produced on a ship or a station. Forges, anvils, tools, and anything else used to fashion a weapon don't automatically blow up stations or ships. You'd have a hard time making a logical argument for why they can't be in the area they are in.

Pre-made mono-molecular blade is a metal object as much as on-demand forged omni-tool's blade is a silicon-carbide object. Material and means of fabrication are the only difference. Both items are high-tech. MM blade being the most effective of both. Otherwise Phantoms would've used omni-blades
    Right. But a omni-tool creates a disposable blade that is only held together for as long as you need it. When you are done it dissolves into nothing rather then still staying as a solid object. Phantoms don't use omni blades because they are supposed to be a biotic threat and not one that relies on tech powers to do their job. A low tech blade still has some advantages over a high tech omni-forged weapon.

Crude - relative to the tech of MM blade and omni-tool.
    So you know what material and how they were forged from looking at a picture? Can you also tell me what planet they are orbiting? What star system they are in? What station or ship they are on? Should be easy questions to answer if you can tell the materials of two weapons. You can't even state if they are mono-molecular blades or not.

I read every ME comics, I don't remember a lot (at all) of basic combat knives and gauntlets in them. As for in-game - even dumbed-down marooned crew of Jacob's father used guns.
    So your argument against non omni-tool weapons is that crazy people didn't use them? They had easy access to guns and mechs. Being crazy, devolved, whatever doesn't mean you'll only use brawling weapons. Mass Effect Multiplayer has enough instances of kits using non omni-tool weapons that it should be all the proof you need.

The game even tells us that Melee uses for the omni-tool were rare prior to the Reaper invasion. Meaning that most people still used low tech melee means weapons instead of a orange hologram that can forged any size, shape, or elemental weapon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    So I heard that the Lancer will definitely be included in the Citadel DLC and to be honest it is extremely cool because this weapon rocks in MP.

However I can´t quite recall if you can upgrade the weapon to level X right away in a existing NG+ or only to 5. You know I am talking about when you first do the Citadel DLC on a existing NG+ Shepard that already has level X weapons and then pick up the Lancer on the mission.

I never cared to upgrade any of the Omega and Leviathan weapons so I really dunno how that works. I can only recall the weapons from the weapon packs which were upgradable to X right away on a NG+.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...14669004079104

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 11:33 AM ----------

By the way, I recommend buying your BioWare Points today. Origin has a way of crashing that particular system when new DLC is released for Mass Effect. I had to wait several hours for Omega when it was released. -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    First day at my new job today. Seems like I won´t have any time soon to do another playthrough of Mass Effect 3 will all the SP DLCs. Watch a lot of tv shows and with the travel time etc, I only have less than 5 hours of spare time. With watching tv shows and MP being so awesome, there won´t be much time for SP.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-03-04 at 10:51 AM.
    Statix will suffice.