The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just like EDI was detected as an AI when she entered the Citadel. Remember AI's are banned on the Citadel but she was still able to walk around freely because she was smuggled in as a Disability Assistance Mech. Not everything is detected or confiscated. If authorities are just looking for high tech items it would be even easier to smuggle in a low tech item.
    1. How one can detect AI?
    2. Eva Core body is not EDI, it's not AI. EDI didn't came to Citadel. She send Eva Core's body which she controlled from Normandy.
    3. AI can pretend to be anything. VI, SexBot, etc.
    4. Joker is from Normandy, a ship commanded by Spectre. It sure has some bonuses to not being investigated that deep as to scanning his DAM for presence of AI (that weren't there anyway)
    5. Eva Core's body was designed to blend in human populations without detection.
    6. I find it funny that you compared Eva Core's body to a knife. there's logic in that?
    They are not in space, they are on a station or a ship.
    Ah! I thought they were in space because of that window view, but since they are on a station or a ship - they definitely not in space. perhaps that window is a painting?
    Anything that can be produced on the ground can easily be produced on a ship or a station. Forges, anvils, tools, and anything else used to fashion a weapon don't automatically blow up stations or ships. You'd have a hard time making a logical argument for why they can't be in the area they are in.
    You missed the point of using smithing tools as weapons... but let's play along...
    Did those two made their weapons in turns? Or one made both and gave a spare to the other? Did they roll on who gets which?
    Do you see how many variable you are adding by saying "omni-tools were confiscated"? use Occam's omni-razor, please.

Right. But a omni-tool creates a disposable blade that is only held together for as long as you need it. When you are done it dissolves into nothing rather then still staying as a solid object. Phantoms don't use omni blades because they are supposed to be a biotic threat and not one that relies on tech powers to do their job. A low tech blade still has some advantages over a high tech omni-forged weapon.
    Just because omni-tool operates differently from MM blade - doesn't make it superior in any sense. 'Cept for convenience in carrying it around.
    Phantoms don't use omni-tools, because MM blades are better suited for their needs.
    I find it funny that you called MM blade - a low tech blade. Hilarious. Do you even know what it is?

So you know what material and how they were forged from looking at a picture? Can you also tell me what planet they are orbiting? What star system they are in? What station or ship they are on? Should be easy questions to answer if you can tell the materials of two weapons. You can't even state if they are mono-molecular blades or not.
    1. No I don't know what material, I gather it's steel, high carbon one.
    2. Wait why are you asking about "planet orbiting" - you said they are not in space!
    3. But I think it's that planet in the window painting. They are orbiting it. No?
    4. I don't know the name of the system, but the star is that one in the window.
    5. I don't know what station or ship they are on... DS9? Enterprise? Either way - it seems abandoned and rusty.
    6. I can't tell materials of the weapons, and never did say that I do
    7. I can say they are not MM blades. Since those are expensive. And are not produced for public market in various shapes for every taste.
    8. Also it would be boring STORY WISE to give them MM blades. You know a MM blade can cut thru human body as if it was melted butter.
    9. Plus those gauntlet blades are pretty dangerous thing to wear if they are MM, dangerous for the one who wears them that is. One wrong bend of a wrist (up) and "I cut my hand in three!".
    10. I also do not see any kind of holster for that knife on her - how does she carry it when not in fight - if it's MM that is? With CAUTION?

So your argument against non omni-tool weapons is that crazy people didn't use them? They had easy access to guns and mechs. Being crazy, devolved, whatever doesn't mean you'll only use brawling weapons. Mass Effect Multiplayer has enough instances of kits using non omni-tool weapons that it should be all the proof you need.
    No no no, silly you, my argument is - they had no combat knives and plenty of ammo to go by for ten years.
    The game even tells us that Melee uses for the omni-tool were rare prior to the Reaper invasion. Meaning that most people still used low tech melee means weapons instead of a orange hologram that can forged any size, shape, or elemental weapon.
    "Although melee-combat applications for the omni-tool are almost as old as the device itself, the feature was largely unused prior to the Reaper invasion. "
    Unused doesn't mean unavailable. Peace time. You shoot pirates and criminals - not stab them with omni-blade.
    I also don't remember a mission in which Shepard gets the Jelly Bean update to his omni-tool. I gather he could use it as blade all the time, just didn't want to (or rather Bioware haven't thought of that at the time)
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-04 at 11:15 AM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Bioware just didnt think about adding more options for melee until ME3, which played a lot like gears of war.

Doing my ME2 playthrough atm, you know what I MISS hacking in ME3, hacking doors etc those mini games were quite fun. The probing planets was boring though. glad that was gone in me3!

200hours played combined among the games. Paid £14 on a steam sale for me1 and 2 a couple of years back and got 3 on release so about £45 or so for all 3. Thats a bargain imo.

That said, just did the renegade interrupt on the recruit thane mission. Shoving that guy out the window, satisfying!

Playing a bit of Bronze to level my Vanguards again. This is so hilariously easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Playing a bit of Bronze to level my Vanguards again. This is so hilariously easy.
    Even Silver is not that much of a challenge anymore if your Squad isn't filled with retards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Even Silver is not that much of a challenge anymore if your Squad isn't filled with retards.
    Yep I found soloing silver much easier than with 3 random retards (there are a lot of them in MP) and to be honest it is better because you can play your own pace instead of having to rezz someone every 1 minute.

I saw so many bad players in silver that I really prefer to solo it by now and with a Kroguard against Geth you can´t even do anything wrong.

Deleted
    As long as they don't add a synch kill to the Geth they will stay the preferred enemy for solo runs I guess.

Deleted
    As long as they don't add a synch kill to the Geth they will stay the preferred enemy for solo runs I guess.
    There is no reason for them to add one because they already added the Bomber as a unit that goes on your nerves

Yeah I saw so many bad players fucking it up against the Geth on Silver that I really cba to carry them anymore. What is funny is that I really encountered mostly good players on gold and harldy any baddies so far.

Deleted
    As I mentioned in an earlier post I once had a squad on gold where we got the Medal for 10 Waves without death. So not all players are terribad

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care how often people die or whatever. As long as we extract within 30 minutes and I get my credits, I'm fine with anything.

Have no problems with someone barely reaching a score of 20k (unless I am that person!), as long as they actively participate in the match. Two days ago, there was this guy just standing in a corner (and couldn't die, for some reason). He finally stared helping in the final two waves.

I do have a problem with people leaving halfway through the match. Sure, it can happen they have to leave, but it's still very frustrating. Our chances of extracting diminish greatly.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-03-04 at 02:34 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    As I mentioned in an earlier post I once had a squad on gold where we got the Medal for 10 Waves without death. So not all players are terribad
    I suspect that most players on silver/bronze are just messing around with new builds and kits or really like to play as bad as possible. I really don´t know why but if I compare Silver to Gold then I really had awesome players in my gold pugs most of the time yet really bad ones in silver mostly.

I dunno but I think they really take it serious on gold and so this may be why there are better players there (also had a few amazing pugs on silver tho´)

Deleted
    But as long as you Promote from time to time you will always have to cope with those players during Bronze and Silver. I normally go for Gold at Level 13 or 14 but before I reach that I normally have to do 1 Bronze and 3-4 Silver Matches.

I do Bronze matches until level 9-10 unless it's a build I really need to get used to. Then I just keep doing Silver until I'm confident I can make a difference in a Gold match.

15+ Year Old Account
    I screw around with builds and new kits on Gold. I don't do Gold with low leveled kits though. Atleast 15 or 16. But, I've developed a new strategy: play a lot of Gold matches, leveling classes to 20 in the process. Then promote all of them and unpack a sh*tload of Reserves Packs. In the process, you'll level up your classes again.

Just promoted a few classes and after unpacking they were all level 16-17-18 again.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Or just play the Juggernaut/AIU...

Huntress meltin all day
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2013-03-04 at 03:25 PM.

QQ Too bad I'll have to wait a couple of days to buy it. Unless I can get my buddy to lend me money again to pay him back when I get paid. XD

Deleted
    Won't watch the trailer this time because I really try to play the final DLC without already knowing what's up

That trailer was amazebutts. Now I need to ask my buddeh if he can lend me the money today. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That trailer was amazebutts. Now I need to ask my buddeh if he can lend me the money today. >_>
    Makes me wish I had the money for it, too. Looks like the perfect sendoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Makes me wish I had the money for it, too. Looks like the perfect sendoff.
    lol Indeed. Decided not to ask since it's just two extra days. I might be avoiding this thread until I do get it and play it though, just to make sure I avoid spoilers. XD