10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    All I can do is hope, eh? I still haven't lost all hope with the endings but only time tells what'll happen.
    I don't think they need to necessarily change the endings to get the desired effect people are looking for. Since the ending they created means absolutely nothing and tells us nothing besides lots of explosions, they go do anything afterwards.

My hope is on an expansion pack to get your friends or finish the job in some way.

The hallucination thing sounds like a mind fuck, but I would like to hear peoples opinions on the shepard lives ending. I really haven't figured that out what is going on there.

The easter egg ending with grandpa telling shepard's story to a girl makes me mad. Seriously, that is what you get for newgame+? It means nothing and tells you nothing...[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 01:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Guys I found a much better ending!

That was pretty good.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-03-13 at 01:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Shepard lives ending is like 5 seconds of panning over rubble to a body in burned and melted armor (like Shepard in the Citadel/Crucible/Catalyst scene) that matches your Shepard gender and has an N7 dogtag. To me the femshep gasp for air sounds like Jennifer Hale, so I personally think it is Shepard, despite people that claim it is some random N7 soldier on Earth (ie a plug for a new Mass Effect universe game)

I've actually settled for the hallucination theory as well. There's just so much stuff that wouldn't make sense otherwise. I approached the ending with this mentality since there's quite a bit of stuff backing it up. Like indeed Anderson and TIM appearing there magically before Shepard. All the outerspace thing. How the heck does Shep breathe outside the Conduit, in space, without his/her helmet on? And a few other things you could add to this list.

So I think there really is hope for this, but it's a different thing will it actually go ahead or not. :3

But isn't the "perfect" ending where Shepard lives? Well, assuming it's Shepard taking a breath in the middle of all the rubble. I had a bit over 4000 readiness in the end and I didn't manage to pursue TIM into shooting himself. I ended up pulling the trigger on him. I still got the short scene where [I]"someone"[/I] with the N7-tag appearently survived the events.
    What was your EMS when you started the assault on The Illusive Man's base? Because that's where it checks it. So if your readiness decayed after that point due to not playing any more multiplayer, that would do it. Otherwise, idk, bug? Wouldn't be the first one I've seen in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I don't think they need to necessarily change the endings to get the desired effect people are looking for. Since the ending they created means absolutely nothing and tells us nothing besides lots of explosions, they go do anything afterwards.

My hope is on an expansion pack to get your friends or finish the job in some way.

The hallucination thing sounds like a mind fuck, but I would like to hear peoples opinions on the shepard lives ending. I really haven't figured that out what is going on there.
    Appearently I don't explain myself clearly enough, haha. What I meant was that the current endings didn't end up with me losing all hope there is with the game. I think it can still be patched up with an expansion/DLC/whatever without changing the actual endings.

And I really like the hallucination-theory the more I think about it. It's a mindfuck for sure, but it would make sense. At least to me. Especially in my current feverish and sick state!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    What was your EMS when you started the assault on The Illusive Man's base? Because that's where it checks it. So if your readiness decayed after that point due to not playing any more multiplayer, that would do it. Otherwise, idk, bug? Wouldn't be the first one I've seen in this game.
    Aaaah... These two stats still keep confusing me. I had something around ~6300 EMS and a bit over 4000 Readiness before assaulting the base.

15+ Year Old Account

Aaaah... These two stats still keep confusing me. I had something around ~6300 EMS and a bit over 4000 Readiness before assaulting the base.
    Yeah, it's a bit confusing.

Galactic Assets = Your total
    Readiness Rating = How much of that is effective
    Effective Military Strength = How much you have left after the percentage of readiness

Also, damn, this cracked me up - http://i.imgur.com/a27Ar.jpg

That fucking kid.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-13 at 01:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are three stats. Assets, Readiness, and Effective Military Strength. EMS is just Assets multiplied by your Readiness rating.

Deleted
    Argh. Seriously, talking about these stats while being sick makes it so much harder to comprehend. :'D

So I'll try once more, maybe I'll get it right this time... ~6300 Assets, Readiness around 62-63% and so EMS was a bit over 4000. Did I get it right now? :P If not I'll just settle for the fact that I got the scene where someone with the N7-tag survived the events.

15+ Year Old Account
    Argh. Seriously, talking about these stats while being sick makes it so much harder to comprehend. :'D

So I'll try once more, maybe I'll get it right this time... ~6300 Assets, Readiness around 62-63% and so EMS was a bit over 4000. Did I get it right now? :P
    Yep, you got it right.

15+ Year Old Account

So I'll try once more, maybe I'll get it right this time... ~6300 Assets, Readiness around 62-63% and so EMS was a bit over 4000. Did I get it right now? :P
    Yup, your numbers were right, you just had the names for them swapped around.

So I'll try once more, maybe I'll get it right this time... ~6300 Assets, Readiness around 62-63% and so EMS was a bit over 4000. Did I get it right now? :P If not I'll just settle for the fact that I got the scene where someone with the N7-tag survived the events.
    Yes. Now make me a Liara avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    The Shepard lives ending is like 5 seconds of panning over rubble to a body in burned and melted armor (like Shepard in the Citadel/Crucible/Catalyst scene) that matches your Shepard gender and has an N7 dogtag. To me the femshep gasp for air sounds like Jennifer Hale, so I personally think it is Shepard, despite people that claim it is some random N7 soldier on Earth (ie a plug for a new Mass Effect universe game)
    Well, it has to be Shepard since Bioware confirmed that there is a Shepard lives ending, but I still don't know what to think of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989/

I bet you feel quite silly now, don't you?
    Don't worry, keep talking about stuff you don't know a crap about and you'll get used to it.

@Kaneiac

No I'm not kidding, you obsly missed the pool with over 30,000 votes saying that the endings suck... check the link above.
    Uh, what?

I was talking to the guy who said that 2% hated it. I'm on your side, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989/

I bet you feel quite silly now, don't you?
    Don't worry, keep talking about stuff you don't know a crap about and you'll get used to it.

@Kaneiac

No I'm not kidding, you obsly missed the pool with over 30,000 votes saying that the endings suck... check the link above.
    No I don't. How many people you figure played mass effect 3? They had 900k sales in just the first 24 hours alone. Do you think they all rushed to the internet hate it or love it to post and rage like you people do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No I don't. How many people you figure played mass effect 3? They had 900k sales in just the first 24 hours alone. Do you think they all rushed to the internet hate it or love it to post and rage like you people do?
    No, they rushed to the store to get a refund.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to say it again.

Have you ever actually posted on the BSN? I really doubt you did prior to this.

I'm serious, it was full of so many people who would defend every little action of Bioware. But this is something I've never ever seen - everyone there is PISSED about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, they did have to set up origin to buy so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I have to say it again.

Have you ever actually posted on the BSN? I really doubt you did prior to this.

I'm serious, it was full of so many people who would defend every little action of Bioware. But this is something I've never ever seen - everyone there is PISSED about it.
    I follow those forums regularly. They've been a shit storm since DA2. The truth is even if the 30k people who voted in that poll all hated it ( which I doubt, more likely than not you had a few trolls in there and a few fair weather followers) that would still be a fraction of people who played the game. I know 12 people IRL who bought it. We all have mixed feelings about the ending. The one thing in common is that none of us post on BSN.

Only a relatively small number of people post on forums anyway. Forum traffic is still one indicator of fan opinions. Do I really have to remind anyone on these boards of the RealID forum riot? That was still small compared to the total playerbase of wow, but it got a public apology out of Blizzard, because it reflected the opinion of the majority. Any idiot logging in to trade chat could tell how much people were flipping bitches over it.

Same thing with BSN and the ME3 endings, just a slightly smaller scale. Instead of 20000 pages of posts on the subject there's more like 2500.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. If you do the persuades with TIM he shoots himself, thus saving Anderson until he bleeds to death two minutes later. This somehow reduces the EMS requirement for the perfect ending from 5000 to 4000.
    Not just that.

While speaking to him there is also a renegade clicky-option where you shoot TIM when he wants to shoot Anderson.

Only a relatively small number of people post on forums anyway. Forum traffic is still one indicator of fan opinions. Do I really have to remind anyone on these boards of the RealID forum riot? That was still small compared to the total playerbase of wow, but it got a public apology out of Blizzard, because it reflected the opinion of the majority. Any idiot logging in to trade chat could tell how much people were flipping bitches over it.

Same thing with BSN and the ME3 endings, just a slightly smaller scale. Instead of 20000 pages of posts on the subject there's more like 2500.
    I'm not sure that's the case either. People who are pissed are more motivated to post than people who are satisfied.