Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    This should make you feel better.

100hours on ME1
    120hours on Me2
    40hours on me3 (its my least played!)

All as male shep,
    All as soldier. some of its paragon, some mixed some renegade.

but only as soldier. Yeh thats a lot of madness.

but there are other games why not try smashing something else up for a bit? I personally done XCOM for a fair bit (even the original)
    Yes I was kinda busy playing the hell out of BioShock Infinite in the last month and I also played a bit of Tomb Raider. Sadly there aren´t that much new or upcoming games I am looking forward to.

I played a lot of ME1 and ME2 too when they where released and I likely have 200 hours playtime in each of them. Oh and I looked up my ME3 MP profile and found out that I have like 150 hours of MP too.

So I would definitely say that ME is one of the gaming franchises I spend most time with in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    So I would definitely say that ME is one of the gaming franchises I spend most time with in the last couple of years.
    I think it might be my second most played, with Ragnarok Online (the original) being the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    I think it might be my second most played, with Ragnarok Online (the original) being the first.
    It is scary how much time you gather. I look at my wow account (bare in mind I stop playing for a few months then come back over the years)

150 days played on my old shaman from vanilla, and 50 days on my DK. Not hours but days. almost an entire year of my life on a game! most of that game time on the shaman was when I was back at college. So no guess what I was doing with my spare time XD

It is scary how much time you gather. I look at my wow account (bare in mind I stop playing for a few months then come back over the years)

150 days played on my old shaman from vanilla, and 50 days on my DK. Not hours but days. almost an entire year of my life on a game! most of that game time on the shaman was when I was back at college. So no guess what I was doing with my spare time XD
    lol Indeed. I remember looking at Steam one day and noticing over 100 hours logged in Mass Effect, and that didn't count the time I spent playing the Xbox 360 version before I got the PC version (though I probably only spent like 10 hours on that one). I was like, "When did this nonsense happen?"

The only reason I'm pretty certain RO1 is higher in time played for me is because I started playing that when it came out, it was my primary MMO for over 6 years, and I still play it from time to time today, over a decade later.

lol Indeed. I remember looking at Steam one day and noticing over 100 hours logged in Mass Effect, and that didn't count the time I spent playing the Xbox 360 version before I got the PC version (though I probably only spent like 10 hours on that one). I was like, "When did this nonsense happen?"

The only reason I'm pretty certain RO1 is higher in time played for me is because I started playing that when it came out, it was my primary MMO for over 6 years, and I still play it from time to time today, over a decade later.
    Yeh its silly how quickly it amounts up.

The way I see it. If a game costs you say £30 and you get more than 30hours out of that game its a solid buy. Anything less and you are wasting your money. Wow obviously has had a LOT of money spent on it but equally has had days of play time. Mass effect cost me sub £8 on steam for me1/2 bundle, I only got it as a friend recommended it and until then I thought it was some bullshit xbox game. I played it and now have so much playtime those games are worth the money.

I recently found out ultima online still exists. I'm unsure if I should try to play it again. it might kill my fond memories.

15+ Year Old Account
    150 days played on my old shaman from vanilla, and 50 days on my DK. Not hours but days.
    I've played WoW for a combined total of ~260 days, that's 6240 hours. In another thread, I showed how cheap WoW really is. I've spend about €726 on the game, but per hour, the game only costs less than 12 cents.

I've only spend a combined amount of about 117 hours on the SP of Mass Effect games; ME1: 39, ME2: 43 and ME3: 35. ME3 MP took another 123 hours, so the total for Mass Effect is 240 hours, or 10 days. I paid €70 for all ME games, which would make an hour cost about 29 cents.

I've spent about 520 hours playing Pokémon Gold. That's almost 22 days. This game cost me less than 10 cents per hour to play. I am actually really interested in knowing how much time I've spent playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Much like WoW, I've often spent the entire day playing it.

Eventhough the total amount of money spent on WoW is more than 10 times that of the money spent on ME, the game is still cheaper per hour because I played it so much. Take your typical game that only has a SP of 10 hours. If that game costs €50, you'd pay €5 per hour for it. Now look at that 12 cents that WoW cost me per hour. Pretty insane. Puts things into perspective.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-04-29 at 11:54 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    I've played WoW for a combined total of ~260 days, that's 6240 hours. In another thread, I showed how cheap WoW really is. I've spend about €726 on the game, but per hour, the game only costs less than 12 cents.

I've only spend a combined amount of about 117 hours on the SP of Mass Effect games; ME1: 39, ME2: 43 and ME3: 35. ME3 MP took another 123 hours, so the total for Mass Effect is 240 hours, or 10 days. I paid €70 for all ME games, which would make an hour cost about 29 cents.

I've spent about 520 hours playing Pokémon Gold. That's almost 22 days. This game cost me less than 10 cents per hour to play. More than Mass Effect. I am actually really interested in knowing how much time I've spent playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Much like WoW, I've often spent the entire day playing it.

Eventhough the total amount of money spent on WoW is more than 10 times that of the money spent on ME, the game is still cheaper per hour because I played it so much. Take your typical game that only has a SP of 10 hours. If that game costs €50, you'd pay €5 per hour for it. Now look at that 12 cents that WoW cost me per hour. Pretty insane. Puts things into perspective.
    I agree completely.

Take half life I bought it for £8 back in the day at a computer market, I played that game to fucking DEATH, and I got CS from that game as well which i played for years (ok its a mod but still)

Then I looked at COD4, and its barely 20hours played and only around 5hours on the single player (maybe as high as 6/7) then you got mw2 which was the last cod game I bought. After that i've not bothered as the value I get is low. Its all about the multiplayer and then that dies as the new game comes out and less people play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I had that with Call of Duty Black Ops. Completed the single player, didn't enjoy it. Barely touched the multiplayer. I think I haven't even spent 10 hours on that game, but it did cost €50. One of the most expensive games I have ever bought, if you look at how much I played it. Won't make that mistake again. Multiplayer is always the same anyway, single player is what I am interested in. And we all know we don't have to buy a game to enjoy the single player.
    Statix will suffice.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Exactly. I had that with Call of Duty Black Ops. Completed the single player, didn't enjoy it. Barely touched the multiplayer. I think I haven't even spent 10 hours on that game, but it did cost €50. One of the most expensive games I have ever bought, if you look at how much I played it. Won't make that mistake again. Multiplayer is always the same anyway, single player is what I am interested in. And we all know we don't have to buy a game to enjoy the single player.
    [Looks at his steam statistics for Modern Warfare 3] 4 hours played. Single-player campaign finished. 50 euros.
    Look on my face? PRICELESS.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    [Looks at his steam statistics for Modern Warfare 3] 4 hours played. Single-player campaign finished. 50 euros.
    Look on my face? PRICELESS.
    Yeah I actually bought Modern Warfare 3 and after finishing the extremely short single-player campaign I angrily placed the game right at the bottom of the shelf that houses my various game covers so that I NEVER ever find it again.

Seriously it was just bad. OK I have not played the MP part but I doubt that it was great either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Yeah I actually bought Modern Warfare 3 and after finishing the extremely short single-player campaign I angrily placed the game right at the bottom of the shelf that houses my various game covers so that I NEVER ever find it again.

Seriously it was just bad. OK I have not played the MP part but I doubt that it was great either.
    Cod4 had a good campaign (bit short) and i enjoyed the mp it played a little like CS.

MW2 had the same multiplayer but no servers and the campaign was brutally short.

and since then ive seen the same shitty trend. I only wanted MW3 for the singleplayer but i refuse to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the entire hours logged. I used to have xfire installed. I uninstalled two years back. At that time I had 5900 hours played for WoW and 1700 hours for League. The next game was MW2 with roughly 200 hours played. I'd gather I have roughly almost 9800 hours played on WoW now (rough estimate).

But, currently I am beta testing a ME mod for Sins: Rebellion. Oh the feeling of using ME ships en mass to fight the Reapers (who represent Pirates) in the game. It's fun, considering that if the Bounty of another player is high enough. They have a number of capital ships and destroyers come after them. Currently only the Council races are playable, they are fine tuning them. But there is someone currently designing the models for the Turian ships. Future races on the design board are Cerberus and Reapers.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mass-effec...of-the-reapers

Edit: I wonder if there is a group function where we could have our own discussion thread. Since this group here is fun to discuss things and we mostly don't get out of hand.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2013-04-29 at 10:08 PM.

It seriously bothers me so much that i have to play multiplier to get galactic readiness up still. A few months ago i grinded them all up to 80+ and then i left it alone for a week came back and it was back to 50%. I want the story to end in the best way possible for my Shepard. I cant even bring myself to finish the game now which is a shame because its my fav trilogy of all time and i cant even bring myself to complete it because of the online crap, atleast let me purchase readiness for MS points or something.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    It seriously bothers me so much that i have to play multiplier to get galactic readiness up still. A few months ago i grinded them all up to 80+ and then i left it alone for a week came back and it was back to 50%. I want the story to end in the best way possible for my Shepard. I cant even bring myself to finish the game now which is a shame because its my fav trilogy of all time and i cant even bring myself to complete it because of the online crap, atleast let me purchase readiness for MS points or something.
    The required EMS for the best ending is so low now you don't even need MP to get it. You only need 3,100 with the extended cut which should be easily done.

Can't you just cheat the galactic readiness by going in, killing a few guys, then dying on wave 1? You should still get a few % just for that.

Also it's kinda weird they even put this feature in the game. Its required if you want to make getting the good ending easier, its pointless if you play the online multiplayer often, the slow decay over time is either pointless or annoying, and hurray I made myself another new sig.

Yeah, honestly, the galactic readiness thing needs to be changed. At the very least it should no longer decay over time considering that multiplayer development has now ceased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Can't you just cheat the galactic readiness by going in, killing a few guys, then dying on wave 1? You should still get a few % just for that.

Also it's kinda weird they even put this feature in the game. Its required if you want to make getting the good ending easier, its pointless if you play the online multiplayer often, the slow decay over time is either pointless or annoying, and hurray I made myself another new sig.
    Yeah, honestly, the galactic readiness thing needs to be changed. At the very least it should no longer decay over time considering that multiplayer development has now ceased.
    I would definitely say that the galactic readiness wasn't the best feature added in ME3. While it makes sense lore-wise to have a rating that shows how ready your fleets are for the final battle it was kinda flawed and mostly because it decays over time.

The problem with galactic readiness is as you said that it is either totally pointless or very annoying depending on your stance on multiplayer. When I still played a lot of MP each day I was basically at 95-100% every-time and when I would fall below 95% I would do 1-2 matches and be up at 100% again. If you don´t play MP then you have to look for other means to bring the rating up and the only other option is the Datapad app and this can be very frustrating for those guys that just want to play the game like a true ME game which means only SP.

However I think that there are no bigger changes needed by now because the requirement for the best possible ending was reduced pretty drastically in the EC (3100 down from 4000) and with all the DLCs released you can easily achieve that even with 50% readiness). I would definitely reduce, or remove, the decaying of the readiness over time.

I did not play the game since march and in that time I dropped from 100% to 50% which is extremely annoying to be honest. The decay is pretty bad because it basically forces you to keep playing MP or keep using those iOS apps to permanently stay above 90%. Especially now that MP is pretty much "dead" in terms of dev involvement and new content I wouldn't want to force my customers to keep playing MP just so that their readiness does not drop.

So yeah they'd have to remove the decay but otherwise leave the readiness as it is because it kinda fits into the game story-wise.

Hey guys, I just bought some Microsoft points (1800 points) and I plan on spending them on Mass effect 3 DLCs.
    But the problem is I can't really decide which ones to go for! Anyway lets break it down!

Mass Effect 3, From Ashes: 1 Squadmate, 1 Mission, 1 Assault Rifle, 6 Squadmate Outfits, 2 Achievements (800 MP)

Mass Effect 3, Leviathan: 10 Missions, 10 Locations, 1 Assault Rifle, 1 Shotgun, 5 Weapon Mods, 11 War Assets, 1 Cabin Item, 4 Achievements (800 MP)

Mass Effect 3, Omega: 2 Temporary Squadmates, 5 Missions, 2 Locations, 2 Enemies, 2 Assault Rifles, 5 Weapon Mods, 4 War Assets, 1 Cabin Item, 3 Achievements (1200 MP)

Mass Effect 3, Citadel: 8 Temporary Squadmates, 17 Missions, 5 Locations, 6 Enemies, 1 Assault Rifle, 1 Heavy Pistol, 3 Armor Sets, 7 Weapon Mods, 2 War Assets, 9 Achievements (1200 MP)

In other words I can buy "From Ashes"+"Leviathan" for 1600 Microsoft Points or I could buy Omega/Citadel for 1200 Microsoft Points. By the looks of it I'd say the first option looks to bring more content wise. But I'd like to hear your thoughts about which ones you find the most worthwhile/interesting since I doubt I'm going to buy them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fromis View Post
    Hey guys, I just bought some Microsoft points (1800 points) and I plan on spending them on Mass effect 3 DLCs.
    But the problem is I can't really decide which ones to go for! Anyway lets break it down!

Mass Effect 3, From Ashes: 1 Squadmate, 1 Mission, 1 Assault Rifle, 6 Squadmate Outfits, 2 Achievements (800 MP)

Mass Effect 3, Leviathan: 10 Missions, 10 Locations, 1 Assault Rifle, 1 Shotgun, 5 Weapon Mods, 11 War Assets, 1 Cabin Item, 4 Achievements (800 MP)

Mass Effect 3, Omega: 2 Temporary Squadmates, 5 Missions, 2 Locations, 2 Enemies, 2 Assault Rifles, 5 Weapon Mods, 4 War Assets, 1 Cabin Item, 3 Achievements (1200 MP)

Mass Effect 3, Citadel: 8 Temporary Squadmates, 17 Missions, 5 Locations, 6 Enemies, 1 Assault Rifle, 1 Heavy Pistol, 3 Armor Sets, 7 Weapon Mods, 2 War Assets, 9 Achievements (1200 MP)

In other words I can buy "From Ashes"+"Leviathan" for 1600 Microsoft Points or I could buy Omega/Citadel for 1200 Microsoft Points. By the looks of it I'd say the first option looks to bring more content wise. But I'd like to hear your thoughts about which ones you find the most worthwhile/interesting since I doubt I'm going to buy them all.
    If you have to chose, I'd go with FTA/Citadel. Leviathan and Omega are cool but nothing beats Javik and the Citadel DLC. But that would involve buying more points I suppose.

So, because the Citadel dlc was incredibly entertaining, go with a combination that gets you the Citadel DLC. You'll be missing out on a lot of good laughs with Javik though.
    Putin khuliyo

well i would say to get them all when you have the chance but if you need to get 2 then go for ashes and citadel as adam sugested since having javik will have an impact on citadel dlc while the others dont have any and you can complete them after citadel dlc
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.